HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Interested in Kariya?

Old
06-14-2007, 11:02 AM
HughJass*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Canes Interested in Kariya?

Hello there, fellow Southerners. There has been discussion about this on our boards and I'm just hoping I'm not way off on my analysis. What are your thoughts?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...78#post9548278

p.s. btw, if the Preds are ever moved I'm boycotting the NHL. Truth.

HughJass* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm undecided on Kariya. I would love to have him back, but I would rather resign Hartnell if push comes to shove. Kariya's play here has been outstanding through almost the entirety of his two regular seasons, and he has had one great playoff series along with one bad playoff series....I think any team that signs him will get a very good player, albeit more of a playmaker than goal-scorer at this point in his career.

06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
PredDave

He's usually good for a few wins in the shootout and some timely regular season game-winning assists. Other than that, I think we could manage without him.

I will always remember Kariya as the first "big time" star the Predators ever inked. And, technically, some would argue that Kariya is more of a second tier player who is on the decline.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

Yeah i also am undecided about Kariya.

On the one hand if he leaves good luck to him he was great for us minus the last 25 or so games of his second year, he played every game for us. Was crucial in the shootout, and late in games especially early in season 2 and was our best player in the playoffs 2 seasons ago. Not only that but he was instrumental in gaining us interest from other free agents that arrived here during his stay (Dumont, Arnott).

On the other hand if he stays i would not say no, realistically he should have much more to offer and i wouldn't say no to someone who WANTS to play for Nashville (yes Hartnell I am talking to you...).

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote