HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Word on Brian Lee?

Old
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
goon
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Any Word on Brian Lee?

I was wondering if Senators fans had any insight on whether Lee was going to sign a professional contract this summer and forgo the rest of his college career? Anyone have any good information out there?

goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 04:11 PM
discostu

From what we are aware, he'll be returning for another season of college, where, we're hoping he steps up and dominates in his junior year. He's falling behind the team's original timelines for him.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
goon
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
From what we are aware, he'll be returning for another season of college, where, we're hoping he steps up and dominates in his junior year. He's falling behind the team's original timelines for him.
Actually that was the originally what I had heard here in Grand Forks that the Senators had told him to go back to school but someone posted a quote saying bacially that http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2007/06/s...moving-on.html the senators were trying to sign him now...

Up until recently that was the word I was getting.

Old
06-14-2007, 04:27 PM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
Actually that was the originally what I had heard here in Grand Forks that the Senators had told him to go back to school but someone posted a quote saying bacially that http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2007/06/s...moving-on.html the senators were trying to sign him now...

Up until recently that was the word I was getting.
If Ottawa does sign him, the chances of him making the the pro roster would be slim, so, he'd likely be in the minors, learning the game against grown men, rather than the NCAA calibre.

If his size and strength issues still remain, it will be a hard transition for him getting up to the NHL level right away.

Old
06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
The Fuhr*

I just want out strngth trainer Randy Lee to get hold of Brian for develemental purposes.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Egil

Even if Lee starts in the minors, I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't at worst be our first call-up in case of a defenseman injury. I would expect a split season between Bingo and the NHL.

BTW, the author of that article is all bitter, saying its all about the Benjamins in turning pro. But come on, pro or not, the Stanley Cup > NCAA championship, and by turning Pro, Lee has a very good chance of winning that Cup.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
senility

According to this article from today's Binghamton paper, Muckler is still trying to sign Lee and is hopeful about Daugavins and McKenzie as well.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...54/1003/SPORTS

It also indicates that the only Bingo players that have been signed for next year are:

Forwards: Hennessy, Luttinen, Foligno, Bass, and Weller
Defensemen: Kudelka and Smith and Karlsson (maybe).
Goalies: Glass and Elliott

Not surprisingly it also hints that Kelly Guard's days may be numbered.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:06 PM
The Fuhr*

Daugavins has already signed.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
goon
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil View Post
Even if Lee starts in the minors, I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't at worst be our first call-up in case of a defenseman injury. I would expect a split season between Bingo and the NHL.

BTW, the author of that article is all bitter, saying its all about the Benjamins in turning pro. But come on, pro or not, the Stanley Cup > NCAA championship, and by turning Pro, Lee has a very good chance of winning that Cup.
No one's bitter here, can't believe that the Senators are going to sign him especially based on the way the Sentors played in the post season up tempo game with a lot of physical play. The kid is going to have to thoughen up and learn to play the body if he wants to survive at the next level. On the flip side he is very offensive.

Old
06-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Egil

Quote:
No one's bitter here, can't believe that the Senators are going to sign him especially based on the way the Sentors played in the post season up tempo game with a lot of physical play. The kid is going to have to thoughen up and learn to play the body if he wants to survive at the next level. On the flip side he is very offensive.
He will learn alot more about physical play in the AHL than in the NCAA. And he will probably get some NHL games to boot (and a shot at the cup if his cards fall correctly).

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Pangu

If we lose Preissing, he would probably make a very good 7th Dman looking towards the playoffs.

Pangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 09:30 AM
discostu

Quote:
Well, if he did manage to crack the roster, his role would likely be identical to the one played by Preissing this past year. He won't be expected to dish out many hits, but, he'd have to be able to take his share.

I don't think Lee is much different in size than Preissing. But, a lot will have to do with gettnig used to the speed and intensity of your typical NHL game.

Old
06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
operasen

7th guy will remain Schubert, unless he gets a full-time shot. Nycholat would be next if we sign him. The D is the big mystery for next season.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote