HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We must build our team around Price.... Now

Old
06-15-2007, 02:42 PM
LagKing

vCash: 500
We must build our team around Price.... Now

Hi everyone !! I'm new here and this is my first thread.

I've read ton of post in a lot of Habs forums and most of the fan aren't sure if Carey Price is ready be a starter in the NHL next year. It look like with the Theodore experience, everyone is trying to be more conservative and not getting excited too fast. For me, with the Calder Cup run, I think Price is ready to make the jump. I mean if the Habs want be a contender in 2008-2009, they have to start to build around Price next year. That way Price will have time to get some experience at the NHL level. This guy will lose his time if he play in the AHL next year.

With O'byrn and Emelin coming, Higgins, Komisarek, Latendresse, Plekanec, A.Kostsitsyn and Lapierre that are ready to take more resposability, add to that some good veterans, we have the depth to protect Carey Price and give him a good environment.

Here is what I do during this summer:
- Trade Samsonov, Ryder and our 1st round pick to Columbus or Chicago for their 1st round pick.
- Sign Yashin, Hartnell and Hamrlik

With that here is the line we could have next year:

Higgins, Koivu, Latendresse
A.Kostsitsyn, Yashin, Kovalev
Plekanec, Chipchura, Hartnell
Begin, Lapierre, S.Kostsitsyn or D'Agostini

Markov, Komisarek
Hamrlik, Emelin
Streit, O'byrn

Price
Huet

Anyway, this is just my dream line

LagKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 02:43 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
HEY NOOB

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=384110

about 10 threads down!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
BTW, what is a NOOB?!! (I'm being serious...I really don't know the significance of the word.

I've heard it only on these Boards? (is it a kno/NOOB, as in door-knob? or tool?).

If so, that is just downright rude!!
NOOB is short for NEWBIE (a.k.a. New guy or New Kid on the Block...but not to be confused with NKOTB)

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
All-Star

Quote:
BTW, what is a NOOB?!! (I'm being serious...I really don't know the significance of the word.

I've heard it only on these Boards? (is it a kno/NOOB, as in door-knob? or tool?).

If so, that is just downright rude!!
I think Gros Bill posted a definition worthy of reading.

You could also ask Chezz on how to use the word properly and to full effect in a sentence.

Welcome to the boards LagKing. I think Price will start in the minors next September because Huet and Halak are pretty much locked to start now. What happens in December though is still up in the air...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagKing View Post
Hi everyone !! I'm new here and this is my first thread.

I've read ton of post in a lot of Habs forums and most of the fan aren't sure if Carey Price is ready be a starter in the NHL next year. It look like with the Theodore experience, everyone is trying to be more conservative and not getting excited too fast. For me, with the Calder Cup run, I think Price is ready to make the jump. I mean if the Habs want be a contender in 2008-2009, they have to start to build around Price next year. That way Price will have time to get some experience at the NHL level. This guy will lose his time if he play in the AHL next year.

With O'byrn and Emelin coming, Higgins, Komisarek, Latendresse, Plekanec, A.Kostsitsyn and Lapierre that are ready to take more resposability, add to that some good veterans, we have the depth to protect Carey Price and give him a good environment.

Here is what I do during this summer:
- Trade Samsonov, Ryder and our 1st round pick to Columbus or Chicago for their 1st round pick.
- Sign Yashin, Hartnell and Hamrlik

With that here is the line we could have next year:

Higgins, Koivu, Latendresse
A.Kostsitsyn, Yashin, Kovalev
Plekanec, Chipchura, Hartnell
Begin, Lapierre, S.Kostsitsyn or D'Agostini

Markov, Komisarek
Hamrlik, Emelin
Streit, O'byrn

Price
Huet

Anyway, this is just my dream line
I just DO NOT get this enfatuation with signing Yashin. Have we not seen this experiment beofre. As Einstein said, it is insane to keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. Yashin is not nor should he be considered an option on this team.

I am okay with Hartnell although I think we'd be better off trying to address the center position. Brad Boyes or David Backes are names I personally like (based on the Blues depth).

If you want to shelter Price then you better strengthen that D a little more. This love for Yemelin is a little premature I think. Remember he's yet to play a game in NA. You are going to have to bring in a solid #2 (maybe a Hannan). I've never really been a big fan of Hamrlik...takes a lot of nights off and he'll get crucified here in MTL for that. I would actually rather take a shot at Schneider.

Old
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

"The variant "noob" has become common in spoken English in parts of New York City and New Jersey as a substitute for the word dude. Alternate spellings include "newb", "n00b","N00B","noob", and "nub". These alternate spellings of the term, other than "newb," inherit the definition of "newbie" but are generally used in a derogatory manner to indicate uselessness because of the ignorance associated with being a newcomer."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 03:16 PM
LagKing

yeah, I've just notice that there is another thread about Price.

I'm just getting too excited about my first post

By the way, my name is LagKing so....

Old
06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
znk

You just passed the first initiation stage. Congrats!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 03:33 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Bob the Builder plays hockey?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 03:47 PM
LagKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
I just DO NOT get this enfatuation with signing Yashin. Have we not seen this experiment beofre. As Einstein said, it is insane to keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. Yashin is not nor should he be considered an option on this team.

I am okay with Hartnell although I think we'd be better off trying to address the center position. Brad Boyes or David Backes are names I personally like (based on the Blues depth).

If you want to shelter Price then you better strengthen that D a little more. This love for Yemelin is a little premature I think. Remember he's yet to play a game in NA. You are going to have to bring in a solid #2 (maybe a Hannan). I've never really been a big fan of Hamrlik...takes a lot of nights off and he'll get crucified here in MTL for that. I would actually rather take a shot at Schneider.
The thing is we are stuck with kovalev and I think Yashin can make him happy. If we can sign Yashin for cheap then why not. There is a risk but I think it worth.

Old
06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
LagKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bob the Builder plays hockey?
WeThreeKings, I like your avatar, but it's scary

could be my worst nightmare...HEHE

Old
06-15-2007, 04:06 PM
LagKing

Quote:
PROS: if signed relatively cheap (max. 2 years & 2nd year at team's option) and he plays well with Kovalev, then we are huge winners. Maybe he can even wake Samsonov up? (Samsonov is probably gone though). We get a big/tall right- handed center. When Yashin is good, he's darn good (like Kovalev).

CONS: will Carbo like this signing? if Yashin doesn't deliver, we have 3 enigmas in Kovalev, Samosonv, and now Yashin (huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge headache). When Yashin disappears he's like Malakhov!

It's up to Gainey to weigh the PROS and CONS of signing Yashin (kinda glad I'm not the GM when it comes to possible deals like this one...!!).

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Kostitsyn-Yashin-Kovalev
OR
Latendresse-Yashin-Kovalev
yeah, but even if we sign Yashin, I don't want Samsonov back. I rather give his spot to a young player in our team

Old
06-15-2007, 04:11 PM
AD

Quote:
yeah, I've just notice that there is another thread about Price.

I'm just getting too excited about my first post

By the way, my name is LagKing so....
Welcome. Always good to see new posters with a sense of humour.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Artie

Quote:
The thing is we are stuck with kovalev and I think Yashin can make him happy. If we can sign Yashin for cheap then why not. There is a risk but I think it worth.
[quote=Mr. Hab;9561595]PROS: if signed relatively cheap (max. 2 years & 2nd year at team's option) and he plays well with Kovalev, then we are huge winners. Maybe he can even wake Samsonov up? (Samsonov is probably gone though). We get a big/tall right- handed center. When Yashin is good, he's darn good (like Kovalev).

CONS: will Carbo like this signing? if Yashin doesn't deliver, we have 3 enigmas in Kovalev, Samosonv, and now Yashin (huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge headache). When Yashin disappears he's like Malakhov!

/quote]

And maybe Brittany Spears will learn how to sing
And maybe Paris Hilton will learn how to act
And maybe....

Yashin hasn't been able to get anybody going why would it be different with Kovalev and Montreal.

Old
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Bulis hit

Quote:
yeah, but even if we sign Yashin, I don't want Samsonov back. I rather give his spot to a young player in our team
I'd be really scared to give a kid the roster spot playing with kovalev and yashin...expecially kostitsyn. These guys comes from the same part of the world(nto country, but close)...he could take them as models and be influenced by them a lot. Imagine if Kostitsyn starts taking yashin and kovalev as models...he would start wasting hsi talent and not caring about his organization...do we want that?

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 05:12 PM
habsfan44

[QUOTE=Artie;9561850]
Quote:
PROS: if signed relatively cheap (max. 2 years & 2nd year at team's option) and he plays well with Kovalev, then we are huge winners. Maybe he can even wake Samsonov up? (Samsonov is probably gone though). We get a big/tall right- handed center. When Yashin is good, he's darn good (like Kovalev).

/quote]

And maybe Brittany Spears will learn how to sing
And maybe Paris Hilton will learn how to act
And maybe....

Yashin hasn't been able to get anybody going why would it be different with Kovalev and Montreal.
i think that gainey will be looking at ways to get rid of samsonov and possibly kovalev rather than signing another euor-dope like yashin . i find it hard to believe that some fans actually think that its a viable option when we all know that it will be nothing more than headaches and heartaches . it takes more than talent to play and excel in this league and yashin , in the end , doesn't fill the bill and to those that think he does a word of advice ; raise your standards and expectations , i know i have .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 08:50 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
WeThreeKings, I like your avatar, but it's scary

could be my worst nightmare...HEHE
It is my worst nightmare. This avatar will not leave until Dandouillon is slain. Via removal of one or both heads.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Artie

[quote=habsfan44;9562222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
i think that gainey will be looking at ways to get rid of samsonov and possibly kovalev rather than signing another euor-dope like yashin . i find it hard to believe that some fans actually think that its a viable option when we all know that it will be nothing more than headaches and heartaches . it takes more than talent to play and excel in this league and yashin , in the end , doesn't fill the bill and to those that think he does a word of advice ; raise your standards and expectations , i know i have .

amen to that.

Old
06-15-2007, 09:42 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
first of all welcome!

i can see that you are a smart habs fan because yes, we should build around price RIGHT NOW!

i am not saying we should put him in nets for 80 games this year but we should make him start the year in mtl, alternating with huet untill christmas or so and then let the kid bring us to the playoffs.

this way, huet can mentor the kid for half the year and we all know huet is a team player and has the attidude to help price develop

halak can be sent down to hamilton withtout losing him so, if we cant trade him for somethiing good, we can keep him then next year when huet will be gone, we can go with a price/halak tandem untill we can trade halak for something derserving of his potential....

now about building around price, i am with you all the way, except not on the yashin deal, why get this cancer guy?

we should deal dandouillon IF WE CAN, and add a couple of UFA d-man this offseason, most preferable would be of course, kimmo timonen. i would sign this guy 6m a year for 4-5 years if necessary. then i would go after schneider if detroit wont sign him. why this old hab? well because he is 38 years old, so his contract will not exceed 2 years, so for the short term, untill emelin, valentenko and fischer are ready, this is a good fix. he is still a top 4 defensemen on any team, just like he was with detroit , plus he would replace souray on the powerplay, with his heavy shot from the point.

how AMAZIN would this defense be in front of price

markov komisarek
timonen schneider
streit o'byrne
emelin

now i know this wont happen but a guy can dream now can he

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote