HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hurme, Noronen trade value

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Hurme, Noronen trade value

Title says it all. What would Atlanta and Buffalo want for those two goalies?

Old
12-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Takeo

Noronen isn't available at this point. He's developing nicely at 24 years of age and at 550K. A team would have to pay far above his market value to get him. Biron could be had for double-stuffed oreos.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:07 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Noronen isn't available at this point. He's developing nicely at 24 years of age and at 550K. A team would have to pay far above his market value to get him. Biron could be had for double-stuffed oreos.
not really, if buffalo dealt biron they would be left with Noronen and Miller, not exactly the tandem that will let the Sabres play hockey past April (and they more than likely wouldn't trade for a Burke or Cujo)

Old
12-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
not really, if buffalo dealt biron they would be left with Noronen and Miller, not exactly the tandem that will let the Sabres play hockey past April (and they more than likely wouldn't trade for a Burke or Cujo)
And how exactly is Biron been better than Noronen? IMO, Buffalo is much better off with Noronen as their starter, Biron is playing like crap and has been for awhile now.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Well Biron has been benched for the past 3 weeks so he's not exactly contributing to a playoff push. And the Sabres aren't going to make the post-season anyway. Dealing Biron would be a welcomed budget cut.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Phaze

I haven't seen alot of Noronen, but what I have seen I haven't been overly impressed. Maybe Buffalo fans have a different view. With the goaltender market as it is, I see Noronen's value very similar to Kiprusoff's, ie. a 2nd rounder. Buffalo is still better off keeping him.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:33 PM
dats-13

yes biron is slumping, but noronen's numbers aren't going to be any better than Birons would be. noronen will be better than biron but right now biron is still the better tender

Old
12-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
yes biron is slumping, but noronen's numbers aren't going to be any better than Birons would be.
Huh? I suggest you take a look at their numbers this year...

Quote:
noronen will be better than biron but right now biron is still the better tender
Not according to Buffalo fans who see both play on a regular basis. According to Sabres fans, Noronen has completely outplayed Biron all season long and parts of last year as well. I'd take their word on it.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:54 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Biron is so far away from Noronen it isn't funny.Biron plays with the puck to much and is faulty down the stretch when the game matters most.Biron could probably clear waivers as someone said before on the Sabres board.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:57 PM
dats-13

hmmm....i watched them play last year and biron was cleary better but i guess things have changed

Old
12-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Takeo

Noronen: 8-9-1 (2 SO), 2.05, .924

Biron: 6-8-2 (0 SO), 2.87, .895

Old
12-30-2003, 04:44 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Look at Atlanta's depth chart for Goalies--what they have and what the have coming up! They have sooooooo many goalie's that they are in the position(not now--but in a year or two) where they could have two of the best young goalies in the league. And if Defoe could every get his head back in the game--they would have the goalie they need to bridge the gap while they wait

Old
12-30-2003, 04:54 PM
dats-13

Quote:

slow start, i still wouldnt be suprised to see biron with a .910 or so if buffalo gives him a chance he isnt done

Old
12-30-2003, 04:55 PM
dats-13

Quote:

slow start, i still wouldnt be suprised to see biron with a .920 or so if buffalo gives him a chance he isnt done

Old
12-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Takeo

Quote:
slow start, i still wouldnt be suprised to see biron with a .910 or so if buffalo gives him a chance he isnt done
Biron isn't done as a goalie in the NHL but he's close to done as a Sabre. The goalie situation must be resolved by finally getting rid of one of them. Considering Biron's contract and the many opportunities he's already had to solidify himself as the starter, he's gone.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:54 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
The only way a goalie can gain playoff experience isnt by watching another goalie, might as well start somewhere and play and see how he does in the playoffs...

Old
12-30-2003, 09:31 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
yes biron is slumping, but noronen's numbers aren't going to be any better than Birons would be. noronen will be better than biron but right now biron is still the better tender
You're incorrect.....Noronen is the better goaltender right now.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:35 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Sorry, I didn't read the entire thread.....anyway.....Noronen started the last 3 games for Buffalo.....he gave up 1, 1, and 2 goals.....Against mediocre competition, but if someone can take a peek in the archives to fine 3 consecutive games where Biron did that (I think it was last year), please take a gander.

I don't see where Marty Biron has any usefullness with the Sabres franchise any longer. He needs a change of scenery.

Old
12-31-2003, 02:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
Sorry, I didn't read the entire thread.....anyway.....Noronen started the last 3 games for Buffalo.....he gave up 1, 1, and 2 goals.....Against mediocre competition, but if someone can take a peek in the archives to fine 3 consecutive games where Biron did that (I think it was last year), please take a gander.

I don't see where Marty Biron has any usefullness with the Sabres franchise any longer. He needs a change of scenery.
Maybe you should trade him to Nashville for Andy Delmore.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:43 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
we would want a 20+goal scorer at least for noronen or a top2 dman. noronen is doing very well for us.

hurme probably a 2nd/3rd liner.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:58 AM
Prussian_Blue

Hmm... Biron needs a change of scenery from Buffalo. Brent Johnson needs a change of scenery from St. Louis.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. Last night's debacle notwithstanding, Johnson would probably benefit from being able to play more games against a (relatively) weaker Eastern Conference.

Johnson and a third-round pick for Biron?

What would the Blues have to include to get Jochen Hecht back for their second/third line? They have some defense depth, if that's what the Sabres are looking for...

--------------------

PrussianBlue

Old
12-31-2003, 07:43 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
hmmm....i watched them play last year and biron was cleary better but i guess things have changed
Actually, genius, if you watched any hockey whatsoever, you would know that things CLEARLY have changed. Noronen has been 10x better than Biron this year. He hasn't been perfect and has let in a ton of soft goals, but Biron has just ruined most of the games he has played in this year.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
slow start, i still wouldnt be suprised to see biron with a .920 or so if buffalo gives him a chance he isnt done

Actually Biron got off to a very strong start. Probably played the best hockey of his career over the first 15 or so games then dropped off considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Hmm... Biron needs a change of scenery from Buffalo. Brent Johnson needs a change of scenery from St. Louis.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. Last night's debacle notwithstanding, Johnson would probably benefit from being able to play more games against a (relatively) weaker Eastern Conference.

Johnson and a third-round pick for Biron?

What would the Blues have to include to get Jochen Hecht back for their second/third line? They have some defense depth, if that's what the Sabres are looking for...

So I'm not the only one who's had that idea. I have no idea how Johnson has played this year but I've got to believe he and Noronen could at least compete for the top job, maybe rotate. Biron could benefit from having a better team in front of him to make him look better than he actually is. I call it The Cloutier Effect.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:33 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I dont think Hurme is worth a lot right now. When Atlanta got him, Waddell told Dudley he could have him back for a mid-round pick. No coincidence that they happen to be good friends.

Old
12-31-2003, 01:10 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Actually, genius, if you watched any hockey whatsoever, you would know that things CLEARLY have changed. Noronen has been 10x better than Biron this year. He hasn't been perfect and has let in a ton of soft goals, but Biron has just ruined most of the games he has played in this year.
lets not get started again KillToronto
and btw I watch too much hockey...but usually the sabres vs whoever games dont really grab my interest, with center ice I usually have a broad selection of games to choose from, (and every red wings game)

Closed Thread