HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jerome Ignilia

Old
06-15-2007, 05:30 PM
dbui72

vCash: 500
Jerome Ignilia

You know I was reading about Calgary and Keenan. I bet money Keenan will chase Iginlia out of town.

He will be a UFA july 2008. I think he would be great for the team then. I know it is ways off but was thinking he would be RW we need if we do not get anyone and if Fehr and Flash do not grow into their role as RW.

By that time I think we would be able to make a serious run at the cup with a young team that has gelled and if we can get an awesome center and veteran d guy.

dbui72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 05:31 PM
TempusFugit

Just a redundant, and prohibitively expensive in terms of trade price and salary, player. Big no from me

TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 05:56 PM
jensen35

I would be all for this. we cannot give up the farm, but if the price was right I say HELL YES

jensen35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Eb0la11

lol, why the hell would a coach chase his best player out of town? Can we close this thread? I personally think its worse than other ones Ive posted that have been closed.

Eb0la11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

You will not get Iggy.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui72 View Post
You know I was reading about Calgary and Keenan. I bet money Keenan will chase Iginlia out of town.

He will be a UFA july 2008. I think he would be great for the team then. I know it is ways off but was thinking he would be RW we need if we do not get anyone and if Fehr and Flash do not grow into their role as RW.

By that time I think we would be able to make a serious run at the cup with a young team that has gelled and if we can get an awesome center and veteran d guy.
Keenan will go before Iginla does. The Flames are not going to choose Keenan over their star player. He is the heart of that team.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Fattal

Please, Jarome Iginla.

Fattal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Volsus

it would be a beautiful thing to see Ovechkin and Iginla driving up the wings on the same line, but pretty unrealistic to expect

Volsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
Keenan will go before Iginla does. The Flames are not going to choose Keenan over their star player. He is the heart of that team.
Did Florida say that about Luongo? Did St. Louis say that about EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on their roster?

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Did Florida say that about Luongo? Did St. Louis say that about EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on their roster?
Did either one of them have Darryl Sutter as their GM?

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 07:32 PM
CapGoodie

I'm not a Keenan fan, but if anything I see Iggy becoming his strongest supporter - he's the typical, near perfect, Keenan type player. Iginlia will probably love being coached by him, at least for a year or so before Keenan drives everyone insane.

Besides, if things go bad in Calgary I doubt Iginlia will be the first guy sent packing, probably 22 other guys on the roster and Mike Keenan himself would be sent out of town before they moved Iginlia.

CapGoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 07:42 PM
txpd

I doubt there is any chance there is enough money in the Caps budget to afford two mvp candidates...Ovechkin and Iginla...pipedream

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 07:55 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

You're barking up the wrong tree. Huselius is the first casualty. He's probably been wetting his bed the past few nights just thinking about the upcoming season.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 08:22 PM
CapGoodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
You're barking up the wrong tree. Huselius is the first casualty. He's probably been wetting his bed the past few nights just thinking about the upcoming season.

That's hilarious. I totally forgot about that situation. Keenan might as well have called all the STH's in Florida personally and told them Huselius was afraid of his own shadow on the ice. Poor Huselius, he had really started to find his game in Calgary (including adding enough grit to be useful). I bet his confidence as a hockey player has evaporated to zilch in the past 24 hours. Didn't the Flames just extend Huselius recentlly too?

Oh well, you can add another name to the trade bin this summer lol.

CapGoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Iginla is the last person whose position is in doubt with a Keenan hiring. In fact, if anything this should be confirmation Sutter wants to continue building around Iginla, instead of suggesting that Sutter is contemplating dealing him.

I'd predict triple-digit point totals for Iginla, if this wasn't Calgary. The team style will change somewhat, but the parts in place still make an, oh, 110-point season for Iginla likely out of reach.

That said, it's not way out there to lay 50/50 or better odds that Iginla puts up a career year. Keenan's perfect for him. Or rather, Iginla is a perfect Keenan player. Keenan will ride him hard, and Iginla's ATOI numbers should be the highest he's seen.

All bets are off with 2/3 of the rest of roster, though... and of course, that's the point. This season, Sutter was not happy with the effort level for too many players on that team for his liking. Whatever his other strengths, Playfair doesn't call players to account; this hiring is a message from the GM to his club that this changes now.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I don't like Keenan much at this point in his coaching career but for some reason I could see this working for Calgary.

06-16-2007, 07:55 AM
dbui72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11 View Post
lol, why the hell would a coach chase his best player out of town? Can we close this thread? I personally think its worse than other ones Ive posted that have been closed.
Because he will be a UFA next year and he would be more willing to test the market. Besides it is unrealistic that we could pay Ovechkin and Iggy, plus Semin I know. But if say Jerome does test UFA next year, tell me you would not like GMGM to atleast ponder it. If we could afford it, I say yes. I would even get rid of Kolzig and Pottier to make room. Heck, I am not sure if it would be wise, but would be willing to give Johnson or our young Russian goaltender a shot at backup to see that happen.

I know that will not be a cup team, but a playoff team maybe or a team even fun to watch.

Heck we are not expected to have a shot at the cup for atleast two years in my estimation.

Last edited by dbui72: 06-16-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old
06-16-2007, 07:57 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Ignilia?

06-16-2007, 08:07 AM
dbui72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary View Post
You will not get Iggy.
I know, it is just a dream.

Old
06-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Florida was talking about trading Luongo long before Keenan got their.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote