How bout Souray?

Old
06-17-2007, 02:55 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
If Nieds retires i'd like to see us sign two defensemen, no high end guys that'll get more than they are worth. I'd like Pressing he could play with Pronger, and then a stay at home guy so that Beauch can play more offense. I really think Niedermayer is going to retire because this is dragging out so long.
Scotty is a HUGE part of this team and if he retires Burke will need the very best he can get to replace him. The only guys that could really replace Scotty are Lidstrom and Zubov and neither one of them are going anywhere. Souray is good and can rack up a lot of points but Scotty does so much more than score points. In fact, I'd put his offensive contributions third behind is defensive ability and his leadership on the ice. He is a world-class talent that won't be replaced if he retires. But Rafalski would be a nice relief though.

But all this is moot because once the aches and the pains of the long season goes away and Scotty and Robbie enjoy the Cup together he'll realize how badly he wants to do it again. Plus, would he really walk away from 13 and a half million dollars?

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Remember the days when our best Dman was Bobby Dollas? lol I think we're all too spoiled to have Scotty Niedermayer and Chris Pronger these days.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 11:40 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Remember the days when our best Dman was Bobby Dollas? lol I think we're all too spoiled to have Scotty Niedermayer and Chris Pronger these days.
I remember feeling spoiled back when we had Dmitri Mironov and JJ Daigneault. This franchise has come a long way.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Davey Duck

How about Pitkanen? Potentially on the block and possibly for a decent discount considering his poor year last year. On a good team, this guy can be a beast.

Davey Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
The best defence consistency ever... But I think he would pay for the Ducks too much.... I think we'd rather take for example Jackman. We nevertheless could take the Cup!

So I've drunk... I'm sorry about some errors in my writing...
change your avatar now....

joke... but seriously change it...

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote