Notices

Mathieu Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Teh_Flames

vCash: 500
Mathieu Lombardi

What do you think this guy will be like in the future. Personally I think he is going to be an awesome offensive talent for the Flames in the future.

Old
01-06-2004, 12:16 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Flames
What do you think this guy will be like in the future. Personally I think he is going to be an awesome offensive talent for the Flames in the future.
Well I hope he'll be awesome, but even just a solid 60 points a year 2nd line center is fine by me if that's how it turns out.

Old
01-06-2004, 12:52 PM
reg dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Well I hope he'll be awesome, but even just a solid 60 points a year 2nd line center is fine by me if that's how it turns out.
This guy was a Button draft pick... Button has some good hockey sense, he should have been hired as assistant G.M or director of player personnel... i think he could have done well in this scenario..

Old
01-06-2004, 04:29 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg dunlop
This guy was a Button draft pick... Button has some good hockey sense, he should have been hired as assistant G.M or director of player personnel... i think he could have done well in this scenario..
For sure, I don't think he was necessarily even that a bad GM, wasn't very good with cash (though dealing with that is tough in Calgary) and couldn't get the right coach, but he was improving. If he gets another chance he'll be good I think.

He sure was a solid drafter though, I'll second that.

Old
01-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
For sure, I don't think he was necessarily even that a bad GM, wasn't very good with cash (though dealing with that is tough in Calgary) and couldn't get the right coach, but he was improving. If he gets another chance he'll be good I think.

He sure was a solid drafter though, I'll second that.
Button was a horrible GM.

He was very good at the draft table, but that alone cannot make up for his other deficiencies.

Old
01-06-2004, 05:34 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye

He was very good at the draft table, but that alone cannot make up for his other deficiencies.
Well we still are living with quite a few of Button's players on this roster and doing just fine, coaching is the real change IMO. The Drury deal was major, but there hasn't been huge changes other than that since Button left.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye

Button suffered the most by the lack of a good coach. Sutter comes in and this is a .500 team. I'm not saying he was a good GM but he wasn't horrible. He did a number of good moves and the team was in a much better position then when he started.

Closed Thread