HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stupid quick question

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2007, 04:09 PM
  #1
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Stupid quick question

Just curious. Say I shoot, goalie makes the save, rebound, and another teammate of mine scores. Do I get the assist? Do rebounds negate the assists?

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
06-16-2007, 04:11 PM
  #2
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president
 
Backstrom #19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Savannah Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,322
vCash: 50
It's an assist, that's how Ovechkin gets his assist.

Backstrom #19 is offline  
Old
06-16-2007, 05:14 PM
  #3
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
It's an assist, that's how Ovechkin gets his assist.
Haha awesome. Thanks, I wasn't sure, I knew someone would know.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
  #4
Vagabond
Registered User
 
Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,818
vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Just curious. Say I shoot, goalie makes the save, rebound, and another teammate of mine scores. Do I get the assist? Do rebounds negate the assists?

Not to sound rude.. but, how long have you been watching the game?

Vagabond is offline  
Old
06-16-2007, 11:09 PM
  #5
Keetz
Registered User
 
Keetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Little Falls
Country: Scotland
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Not to sound rude.. but, how long have you been watching the game?
you don't sound rude just pompass, I've watched all my life and never knew this rule till I started playing 7 years ago when I was 30. I'm not a stat geek. Its just one of those overlookable rules that doesn't really matter to anyone till your the guy who put it on net.

Keetz is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 12:33 AM
  #6
Vagabond
Registered User
 
Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,818
vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetz View Post
you don't sound rude just pompass, I've watched all my life and never knew this rule till I started playing 7 years ago when I was 30. I'm not a stat geek. Its just one of those overlookable rules that doesn't really matter to anyone till your the guy who put it on net.
Pompass! Been a while since I've seen that word used. I could understand if a person became recently interested into the sport and didn't know.. but for an avid fan, that just sounds like a silly question to ask.

Vagabond is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 12:51 AM
  #7
TBLfan
Registered User
 
TBLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
well if you pay attention you're bound to notice that a slop goal normally has an assist or two and you only have to assume...

TBLfan is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 02:54 AM
  #8
Keetz
Registered User
 
Keetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Little Falls
Country: Scotland
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Pompass! Been a while since I've seen that word used. I could understand if a person became recently interested into the sport and didn't know.. but for an avid fan, that just sounds like a silly question to ask.
I live in L.A. pompass is quite prevalent here! As an American Hockey Fan its quite prevalent on these boards from posters north of the boarder too. When every other call is unassisted when touched by the opposing player it IS NOT a silly question. the original poster started the post by "stupid question", and then you post with a (exactly how stupid are you?) question. yes thats pompass. Sorry I call a fair game.

Keetz is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 08:11 AM
  #9
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetz View Post
you don't sound rude just pompass, I've watched all my life and never knew this rule till I started playing 7 years ago when I was 30. I'm not a stat geek. Its just one of those overlookable rules that doesn't really matter to anyone till your the guy who put it on net.
Actually this was dead on. I normally pay attention to who scored. Most people will asked "Who scored?" not "Who got the assist?" It's rare I hear the second question. My one teammate has 2 goals off of me off my rebounds and I was 95% sure they counted as assists for me, just wasn't 100% sure if I was correct, so I came here for reference rather than search google where I'd probably find nothing because its such a specific question.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 09:08 AM
  #10
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetz View Post
you don't sound rude just pompass, I've watched all my life and never knew this rule till I started playing 7 years ago when I was 30. I'm not a stat geek. Its just one of those overlookable rules that doesn't really matter to anyone till your the guy who put it on net.
heh

i've played hockey my whole life, and not until bantams did i figure out that you dont get a plus on a PP goal for

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 09:12 AM
  #11
Marns
@thestretchpass
 
Marns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Pompass! Been a while since I've seen that word used. I could understand if a person became recently interested into the sport and didn't know.. but for an avid fan, that just sounds like a silly question to ask.
I'm with you.

Marns is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 09:19 AM
  #12
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_ View Post
heh

i've played hockey my whole life, and not until bantams did i figure out that you dont get a plus on a PP goal for
I learned that 2 years ago, and I've been a fan for 12 years now. Always learning something new!

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 09:41 AM
  #13
nexusrage21
Registered User
 
nexusrage21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
I'm going to be pompous for a minute and point out that pompass is not a word.

Also, there are many rules that are difficult to understand just by watching. You can get a feel for them, such as this one, but often a little clarification goes a long way.

I have a friend who plays College hockey here in the states, and he asked me about the same thing not too long ago. Granted he is a goalie, so I'm guessing he doesn't really care too much about assist rules, but still, just because someone has been around the game, doesn't mean they need to know everything.

nexusrage21 is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 10:09 AM
  #14
RangersMoogle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_ View Post
heh

i've played hockey my whole life, and not until bantams did i figure out that you dont get a plus on a PP goal for
Been playing since I was eleven, I did not know that!

I'm a defenseman, we don't have to know this crap.

RangersMoogle is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 10:29 AM
  #15
TBLfan
Registered User
 
TBLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Actually this was dead on. I normally pay attention to who scored. Most people will asked "Who scored?" not "Who got the assist?" It's rare I hear the second question. My one teammate has 2 goals off of me off my rebounds and I was 95% sure they counted as assists for me, just wasn't 100% sure if I was correct, so I came here for reference rather than search google where I'd probably find nothing because its such a specific question.
Well they(the broadcasters or commentators) kind of tell you who got the assist(s) after each goal. I don't know, I guess I just pay more attention than the average joe.

TBLfan is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 10:41 AM
  #16
Vagabond
Registered User
 
Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,818
vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetz View Post
I live in L.A. pompass is quite prevalent here! As an American Hockey Fan its quite prevalent on these boards from posters north of the boarder too. When every other call is unassisted when touched by the opposing player it IS NOT a silly question. the original poster started the post by "stupid question", and then you post with a (exactly how stupid are you?) question. yes thats pompass. Sorry I call a fair game.

..And thats why I stated clearly, "I'm not trying to sound rude" before I asked my question. You definitely took what I said out of context and there was nowhere in my question where I said he was stupid nor a hint of insinuation where he was stupid. I find it rare up here for an avid fan to not know and assumed he was just learning about hockey..

You need to get laid or something..

Vagabond is offline  
Old
06-17-2007, 11:03 AM
  #17
Pangolin
Registered User
 
Pangolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,914
vCash: 500
Alright, since the question's answered and all, I don't want this to get any further out of hand

Pangolin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.