HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque vows to score 10!

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 02:59 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Laraque vows to score 10!

Just when oh when is this crap gonna stop? That means every 5th game from here on in, BG is gonna score. Yes Georgie.............whatever you say.

How about saying something like, "I'm going to do everything in my job description to help this team win".???

How often do you hear him say "the team"? It's usually, "when I or if I or I want to."

Where the hell is this guys head? He still acts like a 12 year old with a microphone. Like I've been saying for 3 seasons, the guy has the attention span of house cat.

The Oilers can be losing 5-1, and BG can be seen on the bench cracking jokes and playing games. Big smile on his face........while everyone else is ashen and focussing on a come back. There's a time and place for this crap, but BG hasn't the slightest clue when that is. It's like he's living in some dream world or something.

Play time needs to end for George..........the sooner the better. He's abused his priviledge to the MAXIMUM.

This guy needs to sit for 10 games in a row......then tell him when he gets another chance......the first game he isn't a presence out there.............it's back up stairs for another 10.

The guy is living in a fantasy world. I can't stand the guy any longer.

Last edited by gretzky2kurri: 12-27-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Old
12-27-2003, 03:09 PM
mamettt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Just when oh when is this crap gonna stop? That means every 5th game from here on in, BG is gonna score. Yes Georgie.............whatever you say.

How about saying something like, "I'm going to do everything in my job description to help this team win".???

How often do you hear him say "the team"? It's usually, "when I or if I or I want to."

Where the hell is this guys head? He still acts like a 12 year old with a microphone. Like I've been saying for 3 seasons, the guy has the attention span of house cat.

The Oilers can be losing 5-1, and BG can be seen on the bench cracking jokes and playing games. Big smile on his face........while everyone else is ashen and focussing on a come back. There's a time and place for this crap, but BG hasn't the slightest clue when that is. It's like he's living in some dream world or something.

Play time needs to end for George..........the sooner the better. He's abused his priviledge to the MAXIMUM.

This guy needs to sit for 10 games in a row......then tell him when he gets another chance......the first game he isn't a presence out there.............it's back up stairs for another 10.

The guy is living in a fantasy world. I can't stand the guy any longer.
Agreed 100%. The guy makes my skin crawl with the way he knowingly hides behind his "code of ethics" while his teamates are pummelled to the ground and have to do his job for him. An example of a guy who has a reputation he never deserved and never earned, and a guy whose ego has gone to his head. Shape up or move out georgie, because from here on in you wont get a free ride from me or a lot of other oiler fans. The act is not wearing thin...it's at its breaking point.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:21 PM
gretzky2kurri

Oh yes I meant to add this little story.....

Last season when the (Nucks?) were in town I was sitting fairly close to the bench.

The Oilers were down late in the 3rd. I noticed BG squirting Janne(?) with a water bottle. Huddy walked up behind BG, ripped the bottle from his hand and started jawing at him after he slammed it on the ground.

You couldn't hear what Charlie was saying........but you could tell the "F" word was being said often.

See what I mean? The guy has NO CLUE whatsoever.

Little kid in a candy store...

Old
12-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Even better, how about Georges saying something like, "From this day hence, I vow to beat up everyone not wearing blue & copper, including people I see on Whyte Ave."

We need someone to scare the bejeesus out of the other team, like Dave Brown, or Semenko, or even Dave Manson. Someone slightly unhinged, not someone who's coming after you with a big grin and an invitation for dueling pistols at dawn....

Old
12-27-2003, 05:58 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Someone slightly unhinged, not someone who's coming after you with a big grin and an invitation for dueling pistols at dawn....

So.... would you accept?

Old
12-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai

So.... would you accept?
You bet-we all know he can't shoot.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:04 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
You bet-we all know he can't shoot.

Like a Hemsky cross-crease pass to Smyth... I totally set you up for that quip and I didn't even see it coming.

Closed Thread