HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Vrana Returns!

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 06:08 PM
PEli*

vCash: 500
Vrana Returns!

Petr Vrana made an unscheduled start tonight in Halifax. He was supposed to either have surgery or rehab for a few months but ended up coming back after just two months with a shoulder injury.

Details of the injury were never really disclosed but a lot of people expected him to be out for the season. He had been practicing with the team for some time and was finally ready to play tonight.

Petr was held pointless and was -2 as the Mooseheads were wiped out by their provincial rival, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. The score was 7-3.

Having no supporting cast has really hurt Petr's numbers this season but help is on the way. Mooseheads GM Marcel Patenaude made a deal recently that will bring Victoriaville's second leading scorer, Daniel Sparre, to the team. Sparre has scored 21 goals and will be placed on the top line with Vrana in hopes that he'll spark Petr's offense.

Good news for Devils fans...great news for Mooseheads fans.

Go Moose Go.

Old
12-27-2003, 07:00 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Hopefully coming back early won't hurt Vrana developmentally and/or physically. Still, this IS good news. May Vrana light many lamps.

Old
12-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Thats awesome news. Thanks for the update PELi. Keep us posted on how he does in coming games if you dont mind.

Old
12-28-2003, 04:33 AM
PEli*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Thats awesome news. Thanks for the update PELi. Keep us posted on how he does in coming games if you dont mind.
Will do. I think the deal for Sparre and Beaulieu will really help Vrana this year and next year. With the firepower coming back to Halifax for another President's Cup run (Q Championship), he'll have a lot of offensive talent to work with.

Right now, coach McKenzie has basically given him and a few other players the green light to go for the goal at any given time. Petr is a very good two way player and could benefit from a little offensive freedom this year.

Old
12-28-2003, 07:59 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

He didnt come back early.

He flew down to Jersey 2 weeks ago and was looked at by the Devils medical staff. They targeted DEC 27th as his return date.

Old
12-28-2003, 08:00 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Vrana looked tired by the 3rd. He needs to get in game shape.

Old
12-28-2003, 08:43 AM
PEli*

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise
He didnt come back early.

He flew down to Jersey 2 weeks ago and was looked at by the Devils medical staff. They targeted DEC 27th as his return date.
All I've been hearing is possible surgery and a three month rehab. I was surprised to see him back last night considering the fact that everybody took things so seriously.

I didn't hear anything about a December 27th targeted return. I try and keep up with things but I never saw that. Weird.

Old
12-28-2003, 09:50 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
All I've been hearing is possible surgery and a three month rehab. I was surprised to see him back last night considering the fact that everybody took things so seriously.

I didn't hear anything about a December 27th targeted return. I try and keep up with things but I never saw that. Weird.
No biggie.

It was mentioned on a road radio broadcast that Petr was in NJ.

Old
12-28-2003, 10:13 AM
PEli*

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise
No biggie.

It was mentioned on a road radio broadcast that Petr was in NJ.
Oh yeah, I remember reading the article about him being flown to NJ to meet with NJ medical staff and officials.

Right on. I'm just glad to see Petr back with the herd. With the addition of Sparre and Vrana returning, the games will be a lot more competitive.

Old
12-28-2003, 01:22 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
Oh yeah, I remember reading the article about him being flown to NJ to meet with NJ medical staff and officials.

Right on. I'm just glad to see Petr back with the herd. With the addition of Sparre and Vrana returning, the games will be a lot more competitive.
Yea for sure. He just needs time to get his wind back.

I know his numbers arent too flattering but he is a great player.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:31 AM
PEli*

Last night in PEI the Mooseheads took the game with a 2-1 score. With the Mooseheads down 1-0 in the second, Vrana tied the game up with his fourth goal of the season.

The game winner was scored by the Mooseheads' other import, Jan Steber. Steber tried to pass the puck across to Vrana but the intended pass his a Rocket defenseman's stick and went past the goaltender.

Quote:
“I was passing for Petr Vrana but the defenceman touched the puck,” Steber said about his 10th goal of the season. “Lucky, I guess.”

MacKenzie said the players recently acquired by the Herd are continuing to adapt to their new team. And Vrana, who had Halifax’s first goal, is also continuing to mend. The Mooseheads captain missed about two months with a shoulder injury.

“I think we looked more comfortable, and that’s something gradual,” said MacKenzie. “Petr certainly had a better game than he had his first game back, which is to be expected. (Daniel) Sparre has had a real good impact on his jump and things.”

David Laliberte gave the Rocket a 1-0 lead at 14:12 of the first period, which was dominated by the Moose. Halifax outshot P.E.I. 12-5 in the opening frame and 31-26 on the night. Vrana tied it late in the second period with a power-play goal.
Post Game Article

Boxscore

Old
01-01-2004, 09:25 AM
PEli*

Another goal for Vrana in a 9-2 victory over Acadie-Bathurst.

Closed Thread