HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
  #1
TSV
Registered User
 
TSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Tahiti
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TSV
Dubinsky

will he make the blue shirts on a regular basis ?? 3rd line or 4th ??

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
  #2
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
will he make the blue shirts on a regular basis ?? 3rd line or 4th ??
See me in September.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 02:33 PM
  #3
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
He will have to DESTROY at camp

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 03:12 PM
  #4
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
AHL for another year at least.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 03:21 PM
  #5
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
AHL for another year at least.
good for him, he is still young, he did not look bad in those games he played this past year. He should be given a look for the 2ed line position.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 03:23 PM
  #6
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
More then likely he starts the year and gets good experience in Hartford, but you never know when these kids are ready to take off.....He has the physical gifts and attitude, but his off-season work (speed and strength) and training camp performance.will decide if he can be slotted as a quasi 3rd line C (betts is 4th and way too early for Dubinksy for the 1st or 2nd)....Yes, that's assuming/hoping/paving the way for a deal of the overpriced Cullen ....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 03:25 PM
  #7
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
It depends on what the Rangers do over the offseason and how he does at camp.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
  #8
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
good for him, he is still young, he did not look bad in those games he played this past year. He should be given a look for the 2ed line position.
He didn't look bad but he didn't look dominant either. He needs to still "develope" and he'll be able to do that much better in the AHL. If he's going to be a second line forward he has to score. He didn't do that in the AHL last year. There is no way he'll be able to do it in the NHL.

Callahan is the perfect model for which the Rangers will know when Dubinsky is ready. Callahan first dominated the AHL.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 03:44 PM
  #9
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
He didn't look bad but he didn't look dominant either. He needs to still "develope" and he'll be able to do that much better in the AHL. If he's going to be a second line forward he has to score. He didn't do that in the AHL last year. There is no way he'll be able to do it in the NHL.

Callahan is the perfect model for which the Rangers will know when Dubinsky is ready. Callahan first dominated the AHL.
then what about Dawes??? 4 minutes on the 4th with betts and Hollweg did not help his cause. Maybe if they put Dawes with Cullen and Prucha it would have helped.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
  #10
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
then what about Dawes??? 4 minutes on the 4th with betts and Hollweg did not help his cause. Maybe if they put Dawes with Cullen and Prucha it would have helped.
Callahan came up and made things happen. Dawes hasn't. I agree put Dawes on a line with Cullen/Prucha for the year.

Callahan is aggressive in all parts of his game so even if he doesn't score he has an impact. Dawes has to score to be noticed.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 04:15 PM
  #11
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Callahan came up and made things happen. Dawes hasn't. I agree put Dawes on a line with Cullen/Prucha for the year.

Callahan is aggressive in all parts of his game so even if he doesn't score he has an impact. Dawes has to score to be noticed.
maybe we can use dawes as bait to get a draft pick or prospect. we got alot of small players. this is why we dealt russell

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
  #12
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
i love all the players in hartford (dawes, callahan, duby) they all have amazing potential. they are the future of the rangers. you wait, in 3 years they'll be capt (callahan) and assistant capt (dawes, duby).
we will all be experiancing their greatness

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 04:45 PM
  #13
Speedtrials
Registered User
 
Speedtrials's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alphabit City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i love all the players in hartford (dawes, callahan, duby) they all have amazing potential. they are the future of the rangers. you wait, in 3 years they'll be capt (callahan) and assistant capt (dawes, duby).
we will all be experiancing their greatness
Lets not compare them to having a group of Crosby, Malkin, and Staal in your system. If two of them(dawes, callahan, duby) become good, to very good NHL players, we should be happy.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
  #14
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
Lets not compare them to having a group of Crosby, Malkin, and Staal in your system. If two of them(dawes, callahan, duby) become good, to very good NHL players, we should be happy.
i never said anything about crosby, malkin, and staal. All i said was they are the future for this team.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 04:58 PM
  #15
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Dubi showed some flashes when he was up, but I'd like to see him produce more and produce consistently in the AHL before I'm ready to call him NHL-ready. You don't put up 43 points in the AHL one season and center a scoring line in the NHL in the next. He'd have to really force Renney's hand with an amazing camp.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
  #16
alucard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Not to change the subject of the post, but someone mentioned Dawes and if anyone saw the "Fan Faves" on MSG last night with Opening Night, Dawes had 1-2 pretty good scoring chances from what I saw. Then again Callahan got chances and also skated hard every time he was on the ice, during his games he played.

alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
  #17
Speedtrials
Registered User
 
Speedtrials's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alphabit City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i never said anything about crosby, malkin, and staal. All i said was they are the future for this team.
Well when you say we will get watch their greatness, is seems as to appear that you think all 3 will become superstars.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 06:18 PM
  #18
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
I'm thinking only callahan and Valiquette* will be brought up to broadway right away. Anyone else pending a Rag's injury.

* Has anyone heard anything on weekes? or the future of our back-up goalie position?

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 06:54 PM
  #19
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Who are the "Rags" ?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
  #20
FmmF3*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I'm thinking only callahan and Valiquette* will be brought up to broadway right away. Anyone else pending a Rag's injury.

* Has anyone heard anything on weekes? or the future of our back-up goalie position?
Weekes will not be back; he wants a chance to start. Valli will be back for the job. I think if Weekes doesn't get any interest, he may sign with us late in the season at <$1MM.

FmmF3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 07:02 PM
  #21
NYR1724
Registered User
 
NYR1724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Rags is a derogatory nickname used by other teams fans to describe the Rangers. If you support this team I would recommend not calling them Rags.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
  #22
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Lately this board is getting too hypersensitive for my liking. Few here can take a joke.


Pretty sure there are a fair amount of Devils fans that say debbies.
Or Islander fans that say fishies, etc.

Next time I post I'll be sure to be wearing My super-serious-Dr. Maturity hat. apologies to all of you here, and the entire rangers franchise.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
  #23
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i love all the players in hartford (dawes, callahan, duby) they all have amazing potential. they are the future of the rangers. you wait, in 3 years they'll be capt (callahan) and assistant capt (dawes, duby).
we will all be experiancing their greatness
The Hall of Fame today announced that they are not only waiving the time after retirement to let these three Hockey Gods in but that they will never have to set foot on ice again before the official trifecta induction ceremony.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 07:33 PM
  #24
kilo41ak
 
kilo41ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Lately this board is getting too hypersensitive for my liking. Few here can take a joke.


Pretty sure there are a fair amount of Devils fans that say debbies.
Or Islander fans that say fishies, etc.

Next time I post I'll be sure to be wearing My super-serious-Dr. Maturity hat. apologies to all of you here, and the entire rangers franchise.
Nice... Mr Claps for you

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 09:34 PM
  #25
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
the rangers NEVER just hand a spot to a kid, they will first do everything humanly possible to give the spot to a vet no matter how much better the kid is while dubinsky starts the year in hartford. eventually someone will get hurt and dubinsky will get a shot and we have to hope that he steps in and plays well enough that they keep him.

it happened with lundqvist, prucha, girardi, callahan, etc none of them would have gotten a shot if it wasn't for injuries first.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.