HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TB/ Nashville Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Idealsupra*

vCash: 500
TB/ Nashville Trade Proposal

What would it take to get Vokoun from you guys.

WITHOUT the involvement of the BIG 4.

Last edited by Idealsupra*: 06-21-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old
06-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Ha Ha, are you serious? Lightning get a top 5 NHL goaltender plus a 70 point winger for a goalie with negative trade value, a third liner, and a good prospect?

Wow.

Old
06-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voros19 View Post
Ha Ha, are you serious? Lightning get a top 5 NHL goaltender plus a 70 point winger for a goalie with negative trade value, a third liner, and a good prospect?

Wow.

i was throwing things out there...and asked what nashville thought it would take.

erat had his BEST season of his career last year and was 57 points. thats a bit away from 70 there. and denis still has trade value and i only included him to give you guys a solid backup to mason. and helenius is one of the top goaltending prospects (id say top 15) in the league. its not exactly chicken feed.

on top of that see that + its for something else and then some that i couldnt think of.....

and i would say vokoun is top 10 goaltenders not top 5... luongo, brodeur,turco,giggy, kippy ( in no particular order) would be my top 5.

Last edited by Transported Upstater: 06-21-2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Nope. You cannot post like that.
Old
06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealsupra View Post
can you not read? i was throwing things out there...and asked what nashville thought it would take.
and we think it will take A LOT more - and "ha ha" for good measure

don't give attitude after coming up with such a lopsided trade, that just makes things worse...

Old
06-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Roger Explosion

For a start I think that proposal is fairly bad. Our starting goaltender and first line right wing for your expensive backup goaltender, prospect goaltender and a 3rd liner. I actually think Craig and Helenius could turn out to be fairly good players but they definitely aren't enough to land Vokoun, let alone Erat as well.

IMO Tampa and Nashville don't make good trading partners at the moment. If a fire sale is gonna happen we would be looking for draft picks which I believe Tampa doesn't have any for the 1st and 2nd round this year? Correct me if i'm wrong. Also we need forward prospects which again Tampa doesn't really have anyone notable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealsupra View Post
What would it take to get Vokoun from you guys.

It seems as though Nashville is trying to cut as much salary as possible. You guys also have Mason who was very good for you last season.

Maybe something like:

TB Gets:
Vokoun (cuts 5.7M)
Erat (we need a winger for our second line)

Nashville Gets:
Denis (Cheaper backup?)
Helenius (Top Goaltender prospect)
Craig (gritty and has GREAT hands... good 3rd line center)
+?

Im just throwing things out there so dont take it to hear too much...id love to hear what you guys think it would take to get at least vokoun...and ill say now WITHOUT any of the big 4 (lecavalier,st louis, richards, boyle) going back that way.

Thanks!

Old
06-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

This proposal is getting more positive feedback than I thought it was. If you're only slightly disgusted by it, how about trading Weber and Radulov to Colorado for Jose Theodore (a former Hart and Vezina winner) and Scott Parker (gritty and has manly facial hair)? It seems a little more fair than the previous proposal, at least.

Old
06-21-2007, 06:45 AM
handtrick

mods put this thread out of its misery, don't you think Nashville fans have been sodomized enough by real events, let alone crap like this.....

Old
06-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Idealsupra*

wow....you 7 responses and only ONE that actually contributes to the thread....tanks aussie predator...

the rest of you....i dont even know....i edited it....NOW maybe you can see what i was trying to get at to begin with...and apply that to giving me an actual response.

Old
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
lstcyr

Lecavalier and a first rounder.

Old
06-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Lecavalier and a first rounder.
hahahaha and I GOT lambasted over my original trade proposal....wow..

ok editing it again....

Old
06-21-2007, 10:17 AM
lstcyr

I don't think we would make a trade without one of the top four without an outrageous offer you wouldn't consider. Vokoun means too much to us to not get an exceptional player in return. Sorry.

Old
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
mods put this thread out of its misery, don't you think Nashville fans have been sodomized enough by real events, let alone crap like this.....
good idea.

Closed Thread