HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs or Bruins?

View Poll Results: Who will finish with the better record this season: the Habs or the Bruins?
Habs 23 48.94%
Bruins 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Habs or Bruins?

Curious as to who Hab fans think will finish with more points this season. I think the Bruins are going to fall just as hard in the second half as they did in the second quarter.

I have no faith in Thornton's leadership skills, in their coaching, or in their goaltending.

Old
12-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Curious as to who Hab fans think will finish with more points this season. I think the Bruins are going to fall just as hard in the second half as they did in the second quarter.

I have no faith in Thornton's leadership skills, in their coaching, or in their goaltending.
That's going too far. It's both underestimating the Bruins and overrating the Habs.

Old
12-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Bruins will finish with more points for sure .

Look at first Line of each team

Bruins : Knuble - Thornton - Murray

Habs : Bulis - Koivu - Ryder

I think I said enough

Old
12-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Patty Roy

Don't know who will finish higher, but i sure do hope its the Habs!

Old
12-27-2003, 12:50 PM
caper13

i think bg will decide this debate we all know what sinden will do but if the teams stay the same well the habs are only going to get alot better all around as the bruins will be a little better but not much imo.

Old
12-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
That's going too far. It's both underestimating the Bruins and overrating the Habs.
I think Gainey is going to continue casting off dead weight in '04 and turn the Habs into a younger, leaner, hungrier squad by season's end. It will look less like an Andre Savard team and more like a Bob Gainey team.

I don't think the Bruins' managment will do what's necessary to improve their team's performance and get them out of the muck.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Habs

Amazing what a few wins does to the attitude of some Hab fans.

From a couple of weeks ago, where the calling for Gainey's head... to now... where we are already putting ourselves ahead of the B's...

It is amusing to watch, if nothing else.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
The bruins have a better team on paper with Raycroft playing the way he is playing. But that being said the game is played on the ice and the bruins defense and team defense suck mightily compared to ours. One of their best dman is struggling from what I've heard (Boynton). They have problem with their transition game.

Beside the bruins nosedive of last season begun earlier this year. Of course the bruins first line is better than ours ... when Thornton decides he wants to play.

I like the Habs chances of finishing highers than the bruins but it will take a combination of things :

1. Thornton has got to keep "slumping" (by the standards he set last year)
2. Theo has got to play well
3. Our key players have got to stay healthy. Losing either one of Theo, Sourray, Koivu or Bulis (yes he's more important than people give him credit for) would make it very hard for us to make the playoffs let alone finishing higher the bruins.
4. The habs have got to keep playing a team game and play with as much energy and learn how to keep leads late in the third.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Amazing what a few wins does to the attitude of some Hab fans.

From a couple of weeks ago, where the calling for Gainey's head... to now... where we are already putting ourselves ahead of the B's...

It is amusing to watch, if nothing else.
People were calling for Gainey's head? As in, they thought he should have been fired?

That's funny. Those people's opinions don't count anyway, so that point is moot.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:27 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Don't know who will finish higher, but i sure do hope its the Habs!

Keep dreaming, Its the loafs who will take a nose dive ...

Old
12-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
My instinct goes for the Habs... I can't see myself voting for Bruins in any polls unless the question is Wich team is the dumbest ever?

Old
12-27-2003, 05:15 PM
BigM1ke

My head says the Bruins but my heart says the Habs.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:28 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boutmania
My instinct goes for the Habs... I can't see myself voting for Bruins in any polls unless the question is Wich team is the dumbest ever?
Making statement like this one at least spell "Wich" right you smart****.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:35 PM
BLONG7

B's lost again tonight... TBay scored 3 shorthanded goals in one game! Man the fans in Beantown are wild tonight, and are calling for and expecting a major trade because MOC is in the HOT seat. Great time for BG to **** the B's? They will make changes, but not trading with the Habs... probably Washington or maybe the Oil.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
B's lost again tonight... TBay scored 3 shorthanded goals in one game! Man the fans in Beantown are wild tonight, and are calling for and expecting a major trade because MOC is in the HOT seat. Great time for BG to **** the B's? They will make changes, but not trading with the Habs... probably Washington or maybe the Oil.
Brutal. T-bay is ripe for the picking and you let them beat you like that? Three SH goals? Wow.

Out of T-Bay, NYI, Bos, NYR, and the Habs, only three will make the playoffs. Not only do I think the Habs will finish ahead of Boston, I don't even think Boston will be one of the three teams to make it. I think it will be NYI, MTL, and TB, in that order.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:03 PM
BruinsGirl

So by Canadiens fans Toronto wasn't supposed to make playoffs this year too.

Toronto
Ottawa
NJ
Flyers
------------------ <----- these will make playoffs

TB/Atlanta - one or both of them too

It leaves us with NYR,NYI,Wash,Habs,Bruins,Panthers and even Carolina,
Sabres.

I am not sure about the B's but I don't see how Habs are better than any of these teams. Is that because they had a little hot sreak in November/December? Give me a break. :confused

Old
12-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Cloudigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl

Toronto
Ottawa
NJ
Flyers

Sabres.

I am not sure about the B's but I don't see how Habs are better than any of these teams. Is that because they had a little hot sreak in November/December? Give me a break. :confused
Well i dont see how you cant see if the habs are better or not then panthers, buffallo,carolina and washington.... that being said.. the bruins will make the playoffs and way ahead of montreal... and they are certainly the best team not in the top 4 (imho better then TB and ATl) thast being said I hate the bruins...

Old
12-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:

Toronto
Ottawa
NJ
Flyers

Sabres.

You don't see how the Habs are better than the Sabres and Carolina?

Let's end this debate right now, because we're obviously watching different leagues.

Old
12-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
You don't see how the Habs are better than the Sabres and Carolina?

Let's end this debate right now, because we're obviously watching different leagues.
I believe Carolina is a better team..., and am convinced they will make the playoffs.

Staal is an incredible young player....

Old
12-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I believe Carolina is a better team..., and am convinced they will make the playoffs.

Staal is an incredible young player....
Agreed. Carolina has an underrated group of players that've just been snake bitten. Combine that and some terrible coaching from Maurice which gives the results you see on the stat sheet.

Right now I like the collection of veterans and youth that the Canes have assembled, both up front and on the blueline. Not convinced Weekes is good enough, though.

I like the increased role that Staal's been given under Laviolette. And he's responding to it nicely by the looks of tonight.

For Montreal to even compete for the playoffs, Theodore needs to continue playing stellar hockey, key players all need to stay healthy, and some gritty bottom six forwards need to be obtained. I don't think the Habs will maintain .500 hockey between now and Begin's return without getting someone else to add grit to the third line. That's not to say Begin's a key to Montreal's success, just that the team needs a couple players who add that dimension to the club.

Old
12-28-2003, 12:32 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:

Toronto
Ottawa
NJ
Flyers

Sabres.

i never thought it waz a hot streak at all it waz consistant hockey, during a fair margin of games as for the habs problems there alote less then the bruins right now, all we need is a solid 3rd and 4th line forward, the b's need a hellava lot more then that starting with net, no matter how good you think raycroft is, and there defence problem is alote worse then the habs, all i have to say is good luck to tha b's they need it.
and as for the people in here who think carolina is a better team then the habs, im sorry but your gonna have to put up a better statement then staal is playing good, his diference to that team right now is extreamly minimum.
i think atlantas for real and nyi are starting to scare me, bolts have alote of games in hand, im not to scared of the b's sad team to watch more so then how we played tonight(no chemistry at all).

Old
12-28-2003, 04:02 AM
BruinsGirl

As much as it pains me...(I hate Carolina) they have better D than B's and Habs. Now..I don't know what is the deal with their O....how in the world they have problem scoring goals with guys like O'Neil,Brindamour,Francis,Cole,Staal etc. Weeks is proven IMHO.

I must say that I liked what I've seen from the Habs this year in some games...although I didn't like many things yesterday. (Many unsure passes.)

I don't understand what's the deal with the B's too...It's not goaltending or D...just forwards playing out of sink and not always backchecking.

I think both of these teams can make or miss playoffs because East is much closer this year.

Old
12-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
some gritty bottom six forwards need to be obtained.
I agree. With Begin's absence, the team is back to soft mode again. Although I think Ward will add part of that dimension, probably on the 4th line, I feel an other player playing a high tempo gritty game needs to be added to that oh so soft 3rd line.

That's why I was praying for that Nilson rumor to be true. Man can't these rumors materialize just once in a while?

Old
12-28-2003, 05:28 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I agree. With Begin's absence, the team is back to soft mode again. Although I think Ward will add part of that dimension, probably on the 4th line, I feel an other player playing a high tempo gritty game needs to be added to that oh so soft 3rd line.

That's why I was praying for that Nilson rumor to be true. Man can't these rumors materialize just once in a while?
never the good ones :[
man i can still recall our best game of the season vs. philly, the habs played soooo frigg'n physical it added an etra dimension to there game man, we really need that in our game!!!
it works wonders

Closed Thread