HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

crosbys goal

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2003, 06:37 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
crosbys goal

i know this isnt oiler related but i just felt the need to comment on the goal crosby scored this morning...... the goalie left about 5 inches at the VERY top corner, sidney was coming down the right wing with lots of speed, he cut into the center without losing much speed and picked the corner perfectly without even pausing to consider.... it was a BEAUTIFUL goal, man this kid just oozes talent .... hers my hopeful oilers season prediction for next year..... 1-80-1.... they try and lose every game but manage to win once against pittsburgh (pittsburgh scores against themselves) ... minnesota is baffled by the oilers as they dont try and score, thus making the minnesota trap ineffective, the wild dont know how to play hockey unless the other team makes a mistake and since the oilers dont try and score they manage to play mistake-free, thus resulting in a 0-0 tie..... the wild are happy with this result..... the oilers win the lottery and move up a pick, and draft crosby..... he goes on to score 45 goals in his first season and hemsky picks up 75 assists

Old
12-28-2003, 03:29 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i know this isnt oiler related but i just felt the need to comment on the goal crosby scored this morning...... the goalie left about 5 inches at the VERY top corner, sidney was coming down the right wing with lots of speed, he cut into the center without losing much speed and picked the corner perfectly without even pausing to consider.... it was a BEAUTIFUL goal, man this kid just oozes talent ....
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Anything this kid does is now seen as mastery, and perfection. He does have some unbelieveable moves, but I just caught the goal on TSN's replay of the game, and even I have pulled that one so many times I can't even count.

Lets try to save the "Crosby is a god" posts for when he actually does something noteworthy. If there was a nice play that game it was Stewart's first goal, he has some nice hands

Old
12-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Anything this kid does is now seen as mastery, and perfection. He does have some unbelieveable moves, but I just caught the goal on TSN's replay of the game, and even I have pulled that one so many times I can't even count.

Lets try to save the "Crosby is a god" posts for when he actually does something noteworthy. If there was a nice play that game it was Stewart's first goal, he has some nice hands
I personally didn't feel Crosby's goal was anything special.. it was extremely impressive that a guy that young scored at such a high level tourny but there was quite a bit of room for him to shoot at as the goalie wasn't snug against the post. Regardless of that, there is no way he should have shot that puck.. Tambellini was wide open for the easy cross-crease pass and Crosby definitely should have fed him the puck

Old
12-28-2003, 04:36 PM
jadeddog

dont see the reason for the hostility abuot this kid.... he is going to prolly finish this season with one of the 5 best point totals for 16 year olds in the Qs *history*.... i dont see how that isnt REALLY impressive..... and that goal was dam nice, not so much the shot (though it was good) but the cut across with speed is what impressed me..... cant remember the last time an oiler did that move to be honest

Old
12-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
dont see the reason for the hostility abuot this kid.... he is going to prolly finish this season with one of the 5 best point totals for 16 year olds in the Qs *history*.... i dont see how that isnt REALLY impressive..... and that goal was dam nice, not so much the shot (though it was good) but the cut across with speed is what impressed me..... cant remember the last time an oiler did that move to be honest
I don't think I was being hostile.. nor was i denying the fact that Crosby is an amazing talent. I agree it is really impressive.. I just didn't think the shot was as amazing as you made it out to be in your initial post. He will be an amazing player though..

Old
12-28-2003, 05:40 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Hemsky also has a ridiculously good shot when he decides to shoot.

Closed Thread