HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats Ranger fans on getting Cherapanov !!

Old
06-23-2007, 10:27 PM
scott99

vCash: 500
Congrats Ranger fans on getting Cherapanov !!

Great pickup !! I'm an Isles fan, who knew the Smyth trade would blow up in our faces. Edmonton wound up with our pick (15th overall), and we might have wound up with Cherapanov ! Great pick, he's gonna be a good to great one !! You guys have drafted extremely well the last few years, I loved the Saguenetti pick last year.

Congrats again !!

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:32 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Great pickup !! I'm an Isles fan, who knew the Smyth trade would blow up in our faces. Edmonton wound up with our pick (15th overall), and we might have wound up with Cherapanov ! Great pick, he's gonna be a good to great one !! You guys have drafted extremely well the last few years, I loved the Saguenetti pick last year.

Congrats again !!
thanks man, hope things turn around for the isles and smyth ends up there. u guys want him back bad

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:43 PM
ap215

Thanks i'm thrilled what the Rangers did in the draft.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:52 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
thanks man, hope things turn around for the isles and smyth ends up there. u guys want him back bad
Haha, I swear he looks like young Jagr in that avatar you have of him

But anyway, I'm as excited as the next person but I think some of us may be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Let's wait until he actually suits up in Blue to start evaluating him

I also hope he learns some English. That would absolutely invaluable to us fans (thankfully I'm lucky and understand Russian).

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 11:00 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post

But anyway, I'm as excited as the next person but I think some of us may be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Let's wait until he actually suits up in Blue to start evaluating him

I also hope he learns some English. That would absolutely invaluable to us fans (thankfully I'm lucky and understand Russian).
Tyutin can help him when he gets to New York I think Vally knows some Russian, he did play for Russia before he came back to the Rangers.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 11:05 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

Well when drafting a player you have to assume he is going to make it, and Cherry has been called the most ready out of this year's draft. Nobody is 100% expecting him to make it, but it's the basic assumption. Right now we assume Sanguinetti, Sauer, Dubinsky, Bourret, Dawes, Korpedo, etc. will all make it. Do we truly believe every single guy is gonna make it? No, it's just that it's the assumption you make with prospects.

I don't think there is much of a medium for Cherry. It's not like a guy like Korpedo who if he isn't a top 6 guy he will be a useful 3rd or 4th liner. Cherry will either be top 6 or nothing at all. I like his chances though.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Jagr68Lundqvist30

Thanks man, but as an Isles hater I cant wish you guys luck. Cherepanov is going to be a STAR

Jagr68Lundqvist30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:

The worst that can happen is that he'll ask for a helmet and get a plant instead. Besides, if English doesn't work out he can always pick up Hollweg's gibberish language instead.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 06:03 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68Lundqvist30 View Post
Thanks man, but as an Isles hater I cant wish you guys luck. Cherepanov is going to be a STAR
While i think it was a great pick for where the Rangers were picking, there is a reason he fell that low. I sort of get a Zherdev vibe out of him which is both a blessing and curse at the same time.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 07:32 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i8...&current=2.jpg
if they had the same color hair they would look more alike

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 07:35 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
The worst that can happen is that he'll ask for a helmet and get a plant instead. Besides, if English doesn't work out he can always pick up Hollweg's gibberish language instead.

i love that commercial!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxJUyd6lF9s

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Yizee*

is there any chance that all the other NHL teams agreed to not pick Cherapanov because they want the Rangers to be a stanley cup contender and give the NHL better ratings and more fans?

Yizee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 08:26 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee20 View Post
is there any chance that all the other NHL teams agreed to not pick Cherapanov because they want the Rangers to be a stanley cup contender and give the NHL better ratings and more fans?
I look at Cherapanov like a dot com stock. You buy low, then it will take a rapid rise in value but will come to a halting crash. The key is to try find that time his value is at his highest and then trade him to get the full value for him.

I am guessing come World JRs time he will be a big star, then if he plays in the NHL next year(2008/09) he will probably put up decent stats(50-60 points) and everybody will be raving about him. That is the time to trade him before his contract runs out and he starts playing the RSL card in negotiations and people realize his game is one dimensional and lacking in other areas.

I still think it's a great pickup if the Rangers use him wisely(as a trading chip when his value is high).

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 08:59 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i8...&current=2.jpg
if they had the same color hair they would look more alike
Mullet power!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 01:08 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I think u got yourself a steal!!!

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Jagr68Lundqvist30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I look at Cherapanov like a dot com stock. You buy low, then it will take a rapid rise in value but will come to a halting crash. The key is to try find that time his value is at his highest and then trade him to get the full value for him.

I am guessing come World JRs time he will be a big star, then if he plays in the NHL next year(2008/09) he will probably put up decent stats(50-60 points) and everybody will be raving about him. That is the time to trade him before his contract runs out and he starts playing the RSL card in negotiations and people realize his game is one dimensional and lacking in other areas.

I still think it's a great pickup if the Rangers use him wisely(as a trading chip when his value is high).
lol, we're not trading him

Jagr68Lundqvist30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 02:07 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post

Eh? Can you at least give him a chance before you crap all over him. Way to generalize...

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote