HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Richards on the block?

Old
06-21-2007, 03:05 AM
houtan99

vCash: 500
Brad Richards on the block?

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hoc...77761-sun.html

"League sources say Tampa general manager Jay Feaster might be willing to offer centre Brad Richards and his $7.8-million US salary for each of the next four years to the Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers and Phoenix Coyotes. "

houtan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:12 AM
The Puck

If I were the GM of any of these teams, I might be willing to shove the offer up Feaster's keester.

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:12 AM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

So have been the rumors anytime there are trade winds flowing from Tampa

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:14 AM
gobolt7

Feaster has been publicly denying this for months.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:16 AM
FissionFire

Chicago is still paying off their last big money ex-'Ning player. I don't think they'll be going back to that well anytime soon.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:19 AM
ThatOneGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Chicago is still paying off their last big money ex-'Ning player. I don't think they'll be going back to that well anytime soon.

Thats the point a swap of Richards for Khabi would benefit both teams. Im sure Khabibulin doesn't want to face Datsyuk 12 more times next season either, not after Dats made him cry on three seperate occasions this year

ThatOneGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Steve L*

if Im the Flyers, I try to make this into a bigger deal sending either Sanderson or Gauthier to TB too and see what else we can get out of TB.

I think the Bolts want to dump salary to go after Giggy and finally get a goalie.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 04:17 AM
BritSabre

Richards + Gagne

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 04:31 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Ship View Post
If I were the GM of any of these teams, I might be willing to shove the offer up Feaster's keester.
Gold.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Talentless Practise*

Can't see him getting a lot for Richards. I mean, he'll get a nice package but nothing like Tampa fans imagine. He's the highest paid forward (cap hit, i know Jagr gets a bit more dough) in the league while struggling to be among the 20 best forwards. 7.8 mil bought Tampa 70 points and a -19.

I have a gut feeling he'll end up in Philly. For what, i don't know. Pitkanen might well be going to Tampa.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Chayos

Well thos 1st three probably will keep their pick, but I will be the first oiler fan to offer teh number 6 pick for Richards.

He gives u a true number one center and while expensive, he is relatively young and would fit in nice centering Hemsky.

The lightning get a chance at a player like Alner or Gagner.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 05:16 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post

Feaster has been publicly denying this for months.
lets step in the back track machine and lets deal with comment from the Bolts about a certain Buhlin wall goalie and the chances of trading him...

you do remember the comments--

deny deny deny

that is why no one believes a TB gm

48h before HAbby was traded--the Bolts Gm was on a radio station saying he had no intention of trading him......

how was Habby B in the TB nets last year?

The Bolts have holes that need to get filled and they have about 4 mill too muc tied up in the top 3 guys(all 3 contracts combined--not just one)---They need to spread money down the lines. IMO--they need a few things that cost money and enless the cap goes up to about 53mill a year--I think they need to do something.

Also

I have to admit, reading some posts and come back from Bolt fans--I think some posters--get board and go--you know what--"I think I'll annoy a Bolts fan today" just to see the response.

One thing that tends to lead people to this debate is the fact that the Bolts only made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth

my biggest problem with the offers that some people come up with is that fact it does not deal with the biggest need of the bolts

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycrazycanuck View Post
And it's not just TB. Every GM does it. It's meaningless. They almost always deny everything considering that if a deal falls thru, they're stuck with a player that knows he was shopped around.

So yeah, nobody cares what Feaster or any other GM denies.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
lets step in the back track machine and lets deal with comment from the Bolts about a certain Buhlin wall goalie and the chances of trading him...

deny deny deny

48h before HAbby was traded--the Bolts Gm was on a radio station saying he had no intention of trading him......
The only problem here, of course, is that that Khabibulin wasn't traded.

Feaster was denying the trade rumors the year before the lockout, at which time he exercised the option on Khabby's contract and did not trade him, exactly as he said he would do. The year after the lockout that option year was deemed served and Khabibulin left via free agency.

But never let the facts get in the way.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Sotnos

Quote:

deny deny deny

It might help if you had the foggiest clue what you're talking about before you post. Quit trolling the Bolts fans, please, enough already.

06-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Flyersguru

Screw Richards, I want Vinny.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:

deny deny deny

how was Habby B in the TB nets last year?

The Bolts have holes that need to get filled and they have about 4 mill too muc tied up in the top 3 guys(all 3 contracts combined--not just one)---They need to spread money down the lines. IMO--they need a few things that cost money and enless the cap goes up to about 53mill a year--I think they need to do something.

Also

I have to admit, reading some posts and come back from Bolt fans--I think some posters--get board and go--you know what--"I think I'll annoy a Bolts fan today" just to see the response.

One thing that tends to lead people to this debate is the fact that the Bolts only made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth

my biggest problem with the offers that some people come up with is that fact it does not deal with the biggest need of the bolts
10,000 plus posts and you are unable to actually look up facts nor correct basic spelling errors. Unbelievable

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Maybe we can trade Richards for Khabibulin! I bet nobody has thought of that before!

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
It might help if you had the foggiest clue what you're talking about before you post. Quit trolling the Bolts fans, please, enough already.
You guys get as abused as Leafs fans, and I just don't understand why. The Tampa Bay Lightning is a model franchaise, jealousy you think?

Old
06-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Maybe we can trade Richards for Khabibulin! I bet nobody has thought of that before!
Vinnie for Ryder, Ribero and a 3rd!!!

Old
06-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
10,000 plus posts and you are unable to actually look up facts nor correct basic spelling errors. Unbelievable
I am convinced he has a personal vendetta against the Lightning and its fans. It seems every thread on this board about the Lightning he is there baiting Lightning fans by posting fiction as fact.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
Ribero is in Dallas.

flannelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Hammerwise

Difficult to get value back. Yeah, richards is more tradeable than Vinny (for that 1mil more you get 2 more contract yrs.)

But I can't see CHI doing it and Phx, nah. PHX could offer some nice (but not flawed) prospects but I can't see them doing it.

Philly might do it, and gladly would give you denis gautheir and sanderson (2.1 and 1.5) and probably the 2nd overall, but its poor value tradewise. (Not to mention TB is trading Richards to get money flexibility to improve team depth. Sure Gautheir & Sanderson would help with depth a bit, but at the end of the day, you're only freeing up 4mil)

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Ribero is in Dallas.

Um it was a joke, you must be new here

Old
06-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
You guys get as abused as Leafs fans, and I just don't understand why. The Tampa Bay Lightning is a model franchaise, jealousy you think?
For a lot of people, it's definitely jealousy, and I'm glad we have things that make people jealous!

On this particular guy, I agree with Patrick's assessment.

Sotnos is offline   Reply With Quote