HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS' propaganda.

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 08:59 AM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
RDS' propaganda.

Have you guys seen their latest ad with "Le baron" for their show?

It's 100% propaganda against Koivu, this is going too far.

All the ad consists of is "Le baron" saying "There is one guy that has to leave and that's Koivu, I've said it last year and I say it again this year"

What the hell is wrong with them?

Old
12-26-2003, 09:06 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov

All the ad consists of is "Le baron" saying "There is one guy that has to leave and that's Koivu, I've said it last year and I say it again this year"

They're close friends to Theodore and Theo's and Saku's contracts both end at the same time... Many people beleive they won't keep them both. Also Ribeiro is the best friend of Theodore and he's doing well so they jump on the occasion to put him on top too. By the way I've read and heard a couple of things that make me thinks that Ribeiro is against all this stuff. Anyways, the journalist are bashing Koivu to keep Theo and all that crap.

Old
12-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Malakhov

Like we couldn't keep both, give me a break.
God I hate the stupid media.

Old
12-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I have said it before and I'll say it again.. Alain Chantelois is a ****ing idiot.

Old
12-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
This is going too far! I suggest that we all write them a letter or an e-mail requesting that they take away this commercial. I'm writing mine tonight.

http://www.rds.ca/fr.accu.ecri.html

Old
12-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Malakhov

We should make a petition.

Old
12-26-2003, 10:21 AM
tinyzombies

If we downgrade from either player we're in big trouble. We're already in big trouble and need to add players as it is!

Old
12-26-2003, 10:27 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

well, I'm leaving for work in a couple of minutes.....

comme nous sommes francophones, je suggère qu'une personne, qui a l'opportunitée, rédige un email exprimant notre manière de pensée. Ensuite, ça serait bien si quelqu'un mettait ça en "sticky" pour que tout le monde n'appuyant pas les propos de RDS et leur manque de professionalisme puisse envoyer le email en question.

Moi je le ferait mais je quitte pour le travail (boxing day!)... En tout cas! J'espère que l'on pourra mettre le projet à éxécution car c'est vraiment notre devoir de payeurs, téléspectateurs et fans.

Old
12-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
well, I'm leaving for work in a couple of minutes.....

comme nous sommes francophones, je suggère qu'une personne, qui a l'opportunitée, rédige un email exprimant notre manière de pensée. Ensuite, ça serait bien si quelqu'un mettait ça en "sticky" pour que tout le monde n'appuyant pas les propos de RDS et leur manque de professionalisme puisse envoyer le email en question.

Moi je le ferait mais je quitte pour le travail (boxing day!)... En tout cas! J'espère que l'on pourra mettre le projet à éxécution car c'est vraiment notre devoir de payeurs, téléspectateurs et fans.
Yep, for sure.
I'm heading to work very soon too, can someone do this?
Maybe we can have the letter "signed" by everyone that is for it and then we all send it. Let's show support for Koivu and end this nonsense. It's really going too far.

Old
12-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Corey

Look, a lot of us are irritated by les grenouilles at RDS. Fortunately, they don't run the CH. Grenouilles can made themselves appear bigger than they are by inflating the bladders in their jaws but if they go too far, éclater!

Old
12-26-2003, 12:50 PM
Erngueva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Look, a lot of us are irritated by les grenouilles at RDS. Fortunately, they don't run the CH. Grenouilles can made themselves appear bigger than they are by inflating the bladders in their jaws but if they go too far, éclater!
WTF ? Les grenouilles ??

Old
12-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Erngueva

Chantelois have his opinion and he have the right to say what he wants...

Old
12-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erngueva
The case isn't that he said that but they put it as a commercial so every time there's a commercial break during an RDS broadcasted game, you hear him say that.

This also creates bandwagons... My friends who heard that started to talk about this yesterday... I had to explain all this to them (They don't know much about hockey). The Baron is hilarous but he should keep these kind of opinions for himself.

Old
12-26-2003, 01:21 PM
doc lafleur

Quote:
So do we, and we should all say what we think of him.

Old
12-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Corey

Quote:
WTF ? Les grenouilles ??
Hinty, hint, they live in ponds. They catch flies with their tongues.

Old
12-26-2003, 01:40 PM
FTK

Quote:
Hinty, hint, they live in ponds. They catch flies with their tongues.
You have to be stupid to come up with the "têtes carrées" Vs "Frogs" debate...the problem is not only the french media, it's all the media. Don Cherry isn't a "grenouille" and he's the worst.

Old
12-26-2003, 01:44 PM
the jpageman

Quote:
Yep, for sure.
I'm heading to work very soon too, can someone do this?
Maybe we can have the letter "signed" by everyone that is for it and then we all send it. Let's show support for Koivu and end this nonsense. It's really going too far.
I just wrote to those idiots. I asked them to explain me why their make such comments. Hope they reply

Old
12-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
You have to be stupid to come up with the "têtes carrées" Vs "Frogs" debate...the problem is not only the french media, it's all the media. Don Cherry isn't a "grenouille" and he's the worst.
You're absolutely right about Don Cherry, but he's not part of the Montréal media and I don't get to see him or read him every day. If he were part of the local scene I would be calling him un vieux cochon. I don't care for bigots or chauvinists of any nationality or ethnicity. My reference to the RDS bunch should not be extrapolated to the entire francophone populace of La Belle Province. I enjoy the atmosphere of Montréal immensely.

Old
12-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Leprechaun

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
Well said

Maybe the best for Corey it's to do HIS own show on HIS own TV network !

Old
12-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun
Well said

Maybe the best for Corey it's to do HIS own show on HIS own TV network !
the post above your's may explain some more. Corey is nearer the truth than you are. Les Montréalais et les Québecois écoutent pas pour la plupart Don Cherry. Cependant lorsqu'on voit les messages sur les talkback de RDS par exemple, on peut voir l'influence des médias, francophones par conséquent. L'utilisation du mot "grenouille" n'est pas approprié mais Corey fait quand même voir son point, avec lequel je suis en accord.

Old
12-26-2003, 06:38 PM
deandebean

Quote:
You're absolutely right about Don Cherry, but he's not part of the Montréal media and I don't get to see him or read him every day. If he were part of the local scene I would be calling him un vieux cochon. I don't care for bigots or chauvinists of any nationality or ethnicity. My reference to the RDS bunch should not be extrapolated to the entire francophone populace of La Belle Province. I enjoy the atmosphere of Montréal immensely.
If Chantelois was an afro-canadian, would you be calling him by the N word? Just a thought.

Old
12-26-2003, 06:46 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
If Chantelois was an afro-canadian, would you be calling him by the N word? Just a thought.

The thing that is bothering me with all the talk about Koivu is this: why are all sports guy in Montreal getting on his case? What happened, or what is happening up close and personal that has every beat writer and every sports commentator get on his case?

the Ribs-Theo thing is bogus. Sure, Theo's got his backers. Mostly Bergeron because of his ties with Cloutier. But even the beat writers are somewhat on Koivu's case (case and point the CP report by Guy Robillard). It's as if they are trying to hide some info to us about something.

Ribs is not biggest mouth out there. Those who know him would attest to it. He's more the laid back, no worry be happy type of guy. It would surprise me that he's the culprit behind all the negative talk about Koivu.

But you've got to admit that there's a pattern out there. The team is doing ok right now, and that's probably why is has toned down. But if the team starts to falter again (and it could happen next week), you'll see the (using a popular terrorism term) chatter will start again.

Last edited by deandebean: 12-26-2003 at 06:59 PM.
Old
12-26-2003, 06:48 PM
5_for_fighting

Quote:

I hate the mtl media for one thing. when they decide to get on a player's back, they don't give up until that player is traded. we've seen it over and over. those sharks don't give up easily.

Old
12-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Erngueva

Je vais écrire en francais pour etre plus a l'aise.. Désoler pour la majorité anglophone de ce board...

Personnellement, je pense que Koivu est le meilleur joueur du Canadiens. Je pense aussi qu'il va terminer au premier rang des marqueurs de cette équipe. Cependant, je me pose des questions sur son leadership, sa force de regrouper une équipe. Tout le monde le sait, la chambre du Canadiens est divisé en quatres clans : les Québécois, les Anglophones, les Européens pis les indifférents. C'est évident qu'il y a des joueurs qui s'aiment pas la face. Le rôle du capitaine c'est d'essayer de rassembler tout ce beau monde. Si le capitaine fait partie d'une de ces clicks ben ce la que ca peut mal virer... Évidemment je peux pas dire si Koivu est dans cette situation puisque je suis a 900 km de la chambre des joueurs. Cependant, il est clair que Koivu n'est pas le genre de gars à fraterniser avec tout les joueurs de l'équipe. Koivu n'est un GRAND leader. Pour ce qui est de l'échanger, je suis pas d'accord puisque sa valeur présentement est inférieur à ce qu'il peut apporter à l'équipe.

Pour ce qui est d'Alain, il est autant justifier de dire qu'il veut qu'il parte que celui qui donne le bon dieu sans confession à Koivu.

Old
12-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I never mentioned Chantelois.

Closed Thread