HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

****Official New Jerseys Thread**** (Post ALL jersey information here!!)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2007, 10:57 PM
  #301
fIREnIcE
Registered User
 
fIREnIcE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Fan Forever View Post
This looks like the new Flyers jersey. You can't tell much from this pic, but there it is:

looks pretty much the same, but I can see the orange on the sleeve is thicker on the rigth arm....what happend to the solid orange that jersey really will always be what I think of when I think of the Flyers, its good for me as I am a Devil fan, the Orange wa intimidating

fIREnIcE is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 01:18 AM
  #302
Midnight
Registered User
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
That Penguins logo is way better than the current one and everyone who doesn't think so must be blind or something.
The current Pens logo is the franchise's classic logo--and the one they won two Cups with. Regardless of the artistic merits of the mid-to-late 90s' "modern" logo, you just shouldn't mess with the one that most Pens fans have grown up with. It's a good thing management learned its lesson and returned to it.

Midnight is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 01:24 AM
  #303
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
The current Pens logo is the franchise's classic logo--and the one they won two Cups with. Regardless of the artistic merits of the mid-to-late 90s' "modern" logo, you just shouldn't mess with the one that most Pens fans have grown up with. It's a good thing management learned its lesson and returned to it.
It's just the same with my lovely Ducks. Many seemed to hate the old Mighty Ducks logo because it was to cartoonish, still that is the logo Ducks fans has grown up with and for those I think it will always be missed.

Elvs is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 01:43 AM
  #304
Vector
Registered User
 
Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Junktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
It's just the same with my lovely Ducks. Many seemed to hate the old Mighty Ducks logo because it was to cartoonish, still that is the logo Ducks fans has grown up with and for those I think it will always be missed.
It will be missed by those that grew up with it but now that the Ducks have won a Cup with their new logo look for this to remain relatively unaltered for a long time.

Vector is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 01:49 AM
  #305
fIREnIcE
Registered User
 
fIREnIcE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
The current Pens logo is the franchise's classic logo--and the one they won two Cups with. Regardless of the artistic merits of the mid-to-late 90s' "modern" logo, you just shouldn't mess with the one that most Pens fans have grown up with. It's a good thing management learned its lesson and returned to it.
on the nose

fIREnIcE is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 02:47 AM
  #306
dkhockey
Registered User
 
dkhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Devilsmark
Country: Jersey
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Fan Forever View Post
This looks like the new Flyers jersey. You can't tell much from this pic, but there it is:

.
An interwiew with Gagne huh?..... can it been seen online anywhere?

dkhockey is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 07:41 AM
  #307
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd
 
The Tang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pittsburgh. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post

About the Pengunins current logo, it doesn't skate properly and why does it have gloves!? It's not like Penguins has hands... And even if they had, the gloves are terrible.
While you're talking about ridiculous aspects that make symbols bad, I can only assume these following thigns must also make for bad symbols by your logic:
-Animals dont have the elongated and blank eyes like in the Wild's symbol
-Orca whales dont make C shaped splashes when coming out of the water
-Sabre tooth tigers werent silver w/ blue trim like the Preds portray them
-the snout of the coyotes symbol is far more square than a real coyotes snout
-the crowns kings use to wear werent silver with purple trim

The Tang is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 08:26 AM
  #308
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero View Post
While you're talking about ridiculous aspects that make symbols bad, I can only assume these following thigns must also make for bad symbols by your logic:
-Animals dont have the elongated and blank eyes like in the Wild's symbol
-Orca whales dont make C shaped splashes when coming out of the water
-Sabre tooth tigers werent silver w/ blue trim like the Preds portray them
-the snout of the coyotes symbol is far more square than a real coyotes snout
-the crowns kings use to wear werent silver with purple trim
Yeah but then the eye of the Wild logo is supposed to visualize a star or something. And as you may know, the orca whale visualiezes a C as in Canucks. What I'm trying to say is that the penguin of the Pittsburgh jersey is just a penguin. The gloves doesn't symbolize anything, neither does the broken leg and therefor that could have been better done.


Last edited by Elvs: 07-23-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Elvs is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 11:35 AM
  #309
Raoul Duke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,007
vCash: 500
Ducks don't wear hockey masks but you countless times said you like those jerseys.
It doesn't "symbolize" anything.

Raoul Duke* is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
  #310
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
Ducks don't wear hockey masks but you countless times said you like those jerseys.
It doesn't "symbolize" anything.
No, that's not what i ment. A penguin is not ABLE to wear gloves, even if they liked to do so. A Duck can wear a goalie mask theoretical if it's designed for a Duck, which the Mighty Ducks logo was. A penguin isn't able to wear gloves unless it has hands, which I don't believe any sort of penguin has, but tell me if you see one.


Last edited by Elvs: 07-23-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Elvs is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
  #311
catchthesun
Registered User
 
catchthesun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhockey View Post
.
An interwiew with Gagne huh?..... can it been seen online anywhere?
Yep, it's on flyershockey.net. Good video, overall

catchthesun is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
  #312
jk421*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toon Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
No, that's not what i ment. A penguin is not ABLE to wear gloves, even if they liked to do so. A Duck can wear a goalie mask theoretical if it's designed for a Duck, which the Mighty Ducks logo was. A penguin isn't able to wear gloves unless it has hands, which I don't believe any sort of penguin has, but tell me if you see one.

Wow. Just...wow...

jk421* is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
  #313
Corban
.
 
Corban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
No, that's not what i ment. A penguin is not ABLE to wear gloves, even if they liked to do so. A Duck can wear a goalie mask theoretical if it's designed for a Duck, which the Mighty Ducks logo was. A penguin isn't able to wear gloves unless it has hands, which I don't believe any sort of penguin has, but tell me if you see one.
This is just plain crazy.

This logo is loved by many fans, we get it, you can't understand the 'logic' behind such a crazy concept. Get over it. We have had this logo for 30+ years, deal with it.

Corban is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
  #314
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk421 View Post
Wow. Just...wow...
This is how I should put it:

Are Ducks wearing goalie masks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

Does wheels have wings? No --- Can they in theory? Yes if you have a couple of wings to put on, not that it will fly though.

Is Sharks eating hockey sticks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

and finally...

Does Penguins wear gloves? No --- Can they in theory? No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban View Post
This is just plain crazy.

This logo is loved by many fans, we get it, you can't understand the 'logic' behind such a crazy concept. Get over it. We have had this logo for 30+ years, deal with it.
So you shouldn't criticize the logo because it's classy? The old Mighty Ducks logo is one of the classiest logos in sports history, still there was a lot of people that criticized it, why should the penguins logo get any special treitment? It's not like I hate the Penguins logo or the team (which is one of my favorites next to Anaheim), I'm just saying the triangle penguins logo looked better and that a logo doesn't nessecary have to look better than any new one just for being older and therefor more classy.


Last edited by Elvs: 07-23-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Elvs is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:15 PM
  #315
Pillard32
Registered User
 
Pillard32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
This is how I should put it:

Are Ducks wearing goalie masks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

Does wheels have wings? No --- Can they in theory? Yes if you have a couple of wings to put on, not that it will fly though.

Is Sharks eating hockey sticks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

Does Penguins wear gloves? No --- Can they in theory? No
You're fighting a losing battle.

Pillard32 is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
  #316
Corban
.
 
Corban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
This is how I should put it:

Are Ducks wearing goalie masks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

Does wheels have wings? No --- Can they in theory? Yes if you have a couple of wings to put on, not that it will fly though.

Is Sharks eating hockey sticks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

and finally...

Does Penguins wear gloves? No --- Can they in theory? No

What in the hell are you trying to accomplish here? To prove to us all that a penguin can't play hockey???

Thanks o great one, I'm not sure what the rest of us were even thinking.

Corban is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
  #317
hossua34
Mutt
 
hossua34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 2,606
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
This is how I should put it:

Are Ducks wearing goalie masks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

Does wheels have wings? No --- Can they in theory? Yes if you have a couple of wings to put on, not that it will fly though.

Is Sharks eating hockey sticks? No --- Can they in theory? Yes

and finally...

Does Penguins wear gloves? No --- Can they in theory? No

Thank you, Ali G.

hossua34 is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
  #318
Corban
.
 
Corban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
So you shouldn't criticize the logo because it's classy? The old Mighty Ducks logo is one of the classiest logos in sports history, still there was a lot of people that criticized it, why should the penguins logo get any special treitment?





Stop it, this is your issue, you are upset that your ducks logo is made fun of and the penguin is not. Pathedic, don't worry so much about something you have no control over.

And you can not understand why this would be this way? The ducks were started after a MOVIE made by Disney, thats it, it really is that simple. As for the Pittsburgh Penguins, we did not have a movie to break us into the NHL.

Corban is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:37 PM
  #319
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 708
No, I've several times now been told to not criticize the Penguins logo because it's soooo classy. I would have taken the Ducks to compare with even if I weren't a fan of the team. What I mean is that the Ducks logo has been very criticized although it was just as classy, but still it was ok to mess with.

A classy logo doesn't have to be the best looking one, I'm not a fan of the Toronto, Montreal or Detroit logo just because they are classy. I doubt all of the original 6 logos would have been just as well liked if they made their NHL debut today.

Elvs is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:42 PM
  #320
jk421*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toon Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
No, I've several times now been told to not criticize the Penguins logo because it's soooo classy. I would have taken the Ducks to compare with even if I weren't a fan of the team. What I mean is that the Ducks logo has been very criticized although it was just as classy, but still it was ok to mess with.

A classy logo doesn't have to be the best looking one, I'm not a fan of the Toronto, Montreal or Detroit logo just because they are classy. I doubt all of the original 6 logos would have been just as well liked if they made their NHL debut today.

I believe the word you are looking for is "classic". The skating Penguin dates back to the original expansion in 1967.

Some of the best players in hockey have worn the skating penguin.

Two cups have been won with the skating penguin on the jersey.

I really do think you are the only one who thinks that the old Ducks logo is "classic". I think the original ducks logo was just silly as it was explicitly a Disney cartoon.

Now I didn't really want to "go here" but,
Not to mention hockey is played on ice...penguins live on ice...

Ducks don't really have much to do with hockey at all (although the majority of other team names have nothing to do with hockey either I suppose).

jk421* is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:42 PM
  #321
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk421 View Post
The current Pens logo is a classic.

I'm not sure why you are over-analyzing a cartoon.
so is the Hamilton Tigers logo, but classic doesnt always mean it looks good.
the 90s penguins logo is far superior


edit: also i understand where you guys are coming from. take the rangers classic logo for instance. the rangers liberty logo looks okay in my books, but if they went for it permanently id go on the barricades. so i understand your point, but i still believe your classic logo just sucks and it looks like a kid draw it.


Last edited by MrAlfie: 07-23-2007 at 12:49 PM.
MrAlfie is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
  #322
Raoul Duke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
No, that's not what i ment. A penguin is not ABLE to wear gloves, even if they liked to do so. A Duck can wear a goalie mask theoretical if it's designed for a Duck, which the Mighty Ducks logo was. .
Hilarious. If someone was out to design a hockey mask that could theoretically fit on a Duck's head, I'm sure someone out there with all the crazy technology today could fasten together a pair of gloves to put on a Penguin.

This is the stupidest argument I think I've ever gotten myself into.

Raoul Duke* is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
  #323
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk421 View Post
I believe the word you are looking for is "classic". The skating Penguin dates back to the original expansion in 1967.

Some of the best players in hockey have worn the skating penguin.

Two cups have been won with the skating penguin on the jersey.

I really do think you are the only one who thinks that the old Ducks logo is "classic". I think the original ducks logo was just silly as it was explicitly a Disney cartoon.

Now I didn't really want to "go here" but,
Not to mention hockey is played on ice...penguins live on ice...

Ducks don't really have much to do with hockey at all (although the majority of other team names have nothing to do with hockey either I suppose).
It's not like there haven't been any good players wearing the triangle penguins logo. And actually, Penguins is the only animal which lives on ice in this league, so making funny of the Ducks for that reason is nothing else but stupid.

And I seriously doubt I'm the only one who thinks the Mighty Ducks logo is classic, since it's one of the most popular and recognized sports logos there is. Even my friend from Thailand, who doesn't know anything about hockey, recognizes the logo.

I'ts classy for beeing well known...

Elvs is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
  #324
jk421*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toon Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Mexes View Post
so is the Hamilton Tigers logo, but classic doesnt always mean it looks good.
the 90s penguins logo is far superior


edit: also i understand where you guys are coming from. take the rangers classic logo for instance. the rangers liberty logo looks okay in my books, but if they went for it permanently id go on the barricades. so i understand your point, but i still believe your classic logo just sucks and it looks like a kid draw it.

It's a good thing I could care less what a Rangers fan thinks.

The barricades looks like it was made on MS Paint. And the Liberty logo looks as ugly as the real statue.

jk421* is offline  
Old
07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
  #325
Mack
Registered User
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaningFizz View Post
I'm not talking about the last five years when I say recent.

Jerseys used to be sweaters that fit relatively tight over the equipment. Then they switched materials and they were still tight over the equipment. Then, the players started to wear the jerseys in bigger sizes because it restricted their movement less.

Now, we have a new material that can be closer to the classic cut while not being restrictive like the material we have now. So far of the jerseys we've seen, nothing has been significantly different from before except for the cut and materials. Why is this such an issue for everybody?

http://www.beehivehockey.com/images/...iehowe2h_f.jpg
http://www.bumfonline.com/images/YzermanYoung3.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/cont...inbrothers.jpg
Those guys would have looked so much cooler if they were wearing team-colored parachutes.
equipment has gotten bigger and so have players

Mack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.