HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Uh-oh

Old
06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

vCash: 500
Goodbye Schneider, Bertuzzi! Please re-sign Markov and Hasek!

Zetterberg4Captain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
who cares. you could ice a Pee Wee team and still mop the floor with what is left of our roster.

..sorry, its been a long day.

At least they're staying in Nashville, thats a plus.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 02:19 AM
kurri_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
who cares. you could ice a Pee Wee team and still mop the floor with what is left of our roster.

..sorry, its been a long day.
Geeze man, try being an Oil fan the last year :-) Life for us really sucks.
Hasek is worth the bucks on a one year and then pick one of the other two. Bertuzzi can go.
It will still be a damn good team in Detroit. Besides... not like Nashville got better. :-)

kurri_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Fugu

vCash:
From Ansar Khan at Mlive.com:

Quote:
By all indications, the Wings will sign Dominik Hasek later in the week. They’ll end up paying a little more than they anticipated, probably a base salary around $2.5 million, with another $1 million-plus in bonuses, but it’ll be worth it.

Schneider might take a hometown discount to stay, but he's not likely to accept less than $5 million. And the Wings aren't going to break the bank to sign him. It would help is Scott Niedermayer announces this week that he's not going to retire. If the Wings bring back Schneider, I can't imagine they'll have the money to sign Danny Markov.

So pencil in Dom for $3.5 MM, keeping in mind that the $1 MM bonus can get deferred later in the season. However it has to go on the books when the cap projections are done for the upcoming season.

Khan also thinks Bert may sign for $2 MM. That would be low, and may not include any bonuses. imo.

Old
06-26-2007, 03:14 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post

So pencil in Dom for $3.5 MM, keeping in mind that the $1 MM bonus can get deferred later in the season. However it has to go on the books when the cap projections are done for the upcoming season.

Khan also thinks Bert may sign for $2 MM. That would be low, and may not include any bonuses. imo.
Like I said in ANOTHER thread, I was kinda hoping that Dom would take a little bit less then $3.5 million. Don't get me wrong I love to have him back.

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought incentives could only be deferred if they are playoff/postseason award incentives? Any regular season incentives count against the cap until they can't be earned?

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought incentives could only be deferred if they are playoff/postseason award incentives? Any regular season incentives count against the cap until they can't be earned?
I'm guessing that Dom has again accepted playoff only bonuses. You have interpreted the difference correctly.

Old
06-26-2007, 03:39 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
I'm guessing that Dom has again accepted playoff only bonuses. You have interpreted the difference correctly.
That means that he wants to come back for the right reasons.

I hope one day that I will be in the same position, that I can say I will play for anther season for a couple of million less then I actually am worth

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
TRIARII*

from the press it sounds like domi - markie - todd are all around 3 mil , by me thats fair enough . and ide give both todd and mark 3 for 3 making a long term commitment because they both make it harder to push this soft team around .

schneiders too much to sign so i may have to trade liljas salary to make space to bring in a better D man than him via trade or ufa to play with kronzie on 2nd pairing . itd go like this =

lids + markie

kronzy + ------------

cheli + lebda

#7 - dr quincey stat

* or the way lilja looked in playoffs he just might fit on the 2nd pairing with kronzy .
and save the cap for after the new year or so so the cash goes farther on a new D man . yes i like waiting and going with lily and seeing what happens .

TRIARII* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
JacksonGalaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper keeper View Post
domi markie todd todd mark kronzie lids markie kronzy cheli dr quincey stat kronzy
Am I the only one who has trouble taking this post seriously?

JacksonGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:

Dom and Bert for $5.5 MM total per year would be awesome. Even if Bert signs for more than one year that's a very decent risk/reward scenario.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
wingnut22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda View Post
Not really, I wondered for a few seconds "why the hell is he talking about Tie Domi?"

wingnut22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 07:27 AM
TheDakkster*

Quote:
I think everyone has trouble taking any post by trapper seriously.

TheDakkster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:26 AM
caseygraves
Don Cherry apologist

vCash: 50
Quote:
I couldnt understand it...

caseygraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Fonzie:

Kronzie:

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
i dont think anyone can take most of his posts seriously, so no, im with you

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
That's the way it works with a cap. You will never see a team like the 2002 Wings again. It's simply a financial impossibility to build a team completely from UFA's. Rookies / young players from within are a vital ingredient. Is it risky? Yeah. But everyone is forced to do it.
And that's fine. Where it becomes becomes exceptionally stupid is when the way one suggests allocating resources requires a team to put rookies in top 6 forwards /top 3-4 dmen. I have no problem putting rooks in the bottom 6 or bottom 2-3. Properly run teams who seek to be Cup competitive will have established talent dominating their top 6/top 3-4, however. Running a roster any other way invites russian roulette-itis to strike.

Quote:
Yes, there are risks to Hasek and Bert. But you're kidding yourself with the "can't be too frugal" logic. Want to know what will happen if Holland gets too frugal? You'll see Sammy, Cleary and probably Flip as fixtures in your top six.
And you're the worst kind of short-term thinker if you wouldn't rather see that for one year than get stuck with one or two big-money deals which handcuff the team for 3 or 4 years.

Besides... um, help me out here... who dominated the IT on the second line for the large part of last year? Lang, Samuelsson, Cleary, Williams, right?

Quote:
You'll see either Lilja or Quincey in your top four, and maybe even both. Think I'm kidding, or exaggerating? Think again. If Holland is too gun shy to spend $3M on Bert then he damn sure isn't going to spend double that+ for a Drury, Gomez or Smyth. If he won't spend $4M on Markov then he's not going to spend 6M+ on Souray or Rafalski.
Help me out here again... isn't Holland paying over 6 mil to two players already? Isn't that number going to be three as soon as Z gets closer to a negotiating window that works for him (assuming Lidstrom plays past this year)?

Holland will pay money. He just won't do it stupidly. This is good.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDakkster View Post
I think everyone has trouble taking any post by trapper seriously.
I might take him seriously if I knew what the F he was saying half the time. I feel like I need to watch Hoffman's Rainman scenes at 2x speed as prep for reading his posts, though.

Old
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
At least they're staying in Nashville, thats a plus.
For whom?

Anyone in Nashville with a brain knows the team will be a)much worse this year and b)moving in no more than 3 years, and probably in 2. They hardly came out in 05-06 and 06-07... when the team was exceptionally good and the fanbase could proceed under the delusion that the team would be in Nashville indefinitely.

As a fan I'd be more morose about knowing my team was 'dead franchise walking' than if they just up and moved immediately. It's like the franchise is dying of a long, wasting and painful disease rather than just dropping dead of a heart attack.

Much more suffering.