HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Michael Repik

Old
06-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Optimist*

vCash: 500
Michael Repik

handclap:Coming from florida I obviously havent seen this guy play, can somebody tell me how good he is/can be? And maybe a comparison? Thanks!!!!

Optimist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Gapper

From what I saw of him at the Memorial Cup, he seems like a good player. I've read comparisons with Milan Hejduk. He is a pretty skilled player and should be good for a second rounder

Gapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Repik is a good player. Has all the tools, skates, plays physical despite his smaller stature. Thing is that a lot more was expected from him in the regular season since it was his 2nd WHL season,but he only managed to match his rookie season totals.

He did light it up in the play-offs where he was the leading scorer in the Memorial Cup, including the Cup winning goal.

Having seen him play a few times, I think that he will need to continue to develop, and will have to make sure that he doesn't become a perimeter player (which he tended to do at times last season).

I think his upside stats wise is a 25-30 goal scorer a la Michael Ryder, though his style isn't the same.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
thecupismine

vCash: 50
Giants fan here. He's an extremely skilled player, there's no doubt about it. He showed up last season when it counted most, which is a good thing. However, he only matched his rookie season totals, which could be a sign of things to come. He can also be a perimeter player at times. If he can play like he did during the playoffs and the memorial cup, there is no doubt he'll be an extremely skilled player and many will ask why they didn't pick him in the first round. He is kind of a boom or bust kind of guy, as he'll either play in your top 6 or not play at all.

thecupismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 09:07 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Had good chemistry in Vancouver with Rabbit and Lucic (both prospects in Boston). I was really hoping the Bruins would get him. He's a good player he was great for the Giants in their playoff run to the Memorial Cup.

You'll like him.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
daethfromabove1979

the guy had an unreal 4 point night at the mem cup... i was pretty damn impressed

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 10:08 PM
zoomba

I think he has a chance to be a very good pro. He is a talented offensive player who is quick and good around the goal. I think he plays a bit like Vyborny only more of a scoring mindset than playmaking.

zoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Red

His skills are impressive but the Giants games I watched during the regular season, he was the definition of perimeter Euro with incredible hands but no drive or heart, soft and a hit would throw him out of the game. However, he simply had a terrific performance in the playoffs, which is where it counts most, and an amazing Memorial Cup.

I guess it depends on which Repik decides to show up for the rest of his career, the former gets you an frustrating journeyman player who can't find a job in the NHL, the latter gets you a very good second-liner. He's really not going to be anything in between.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Russian_fanatic

Future 20-25 goal scorer if everything goes right IMO. Love him, his offensive game reminds you of Milan Hedjuk.

Russian_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Canucks5551

I was kind of hoping the Canucks would get him or Moller with our second pick. Great pick for Florida.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote