HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PROPOSAL: Blues - Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 09:07 PM
DrHockeyMD

vCash: 500
PROPOSAL: Blues - Capitals

Blues receive: Stana (G), [eat some Johnson salary]

Capitals receive: Johnson (G), 4th rounder,

---------
The Capitals are presently dressing Kolzig and Ouellet while Stana and Charpentier are in the minors and Daigneault (spelling) is still in Majors, I believe. Right now it seems that the crowd aren't even somewhat confident in Johnson and St. Louis needs a good, young goaltending prospect (Divis and Sanford in minors, but neither of which are younger than Stana [Sanford older by one year]). Since Washington would still have Charpentier and Ouellet in the minors and Daigneault in Majors, I don't see how it could possibly hurt Washington by aquiring an adequate backup.

Thoughts?

Old
12-30-2003, 09:10 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
i dont see either teams doing this.. no reason for stl to down-grade in net since both goalies could be the number 1 again in stl, and then makes little sense for washington since a lot of ppl say oulette could probably almost start as it is

Old
12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
DrHockeyMD

Johnson will never make it into the starting role in St. Louis anymore. I guess you have to live here to really know, but the crowd has no confidence in him at all. I can't imagine him being able to rebound mentally from what we give him here. He's not that bad of a goalie, but we're harsh on goalies.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:40 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHockeyMD
Johnson will never make it into the starting role in St. Louis anymore. I guess you have to live here to really know, but the crowd has no confidence in him at all. I can't imagine him being able to rebound mentally from what we give him here. He's not that bad of a goalie, but we're harsh on goalies.
Bingo! Fuhr has said that st. louis is one of the hardest places for a goalie to play. Although i would say that most fans are pretty happy with what osgood has done so far.

The thing that upsets me most ,is lately its starting to leak to d-men.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:50 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
I think iuts more likely the Caps trade Kolzig then Stana or Ouellet. UNless its somethign good for Stana (not Johnson), in a position they need (defense).

Old
12-31-2003, 03:13 AM
txpd

No chance on this one. The Caps have Kolzig, who in a slump is as good as Johnson. If his game comes back strong, Kolzig will stay. With a salary cap coming there is no way the Caps trade ouellet or stana.

Offer a solid top 6 defenseman and maybe we can talk about Stana, but the Caps have no need to add a goalie.

Closed Thread