HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Man Sather is Smooth

Old
06-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Procrastinator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
ignorance, ignorance, let's dance in the ignorance.. Brighton Beach is a fine place, and Russians (we) are good people. revel in your xenophobia
so angry. im not sure i can be xenophobic to my own kind. i happen to be russian and live 3 blocks away from brighton since 90. i think your dancing alone to this one.

Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
you really need a life.
just because you were born in america doesnt give you the right to be racist.

Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 08:07 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
As your mother will tell you, there is no problem with partying, however, excessive partying leads to the land of no return... In case you don't know what Brighton Beach is about then let me be the one to inform you. You have you self-made millionaires who enjoy the opportunity to drink, gamble and due drugs with celebrities... Now when you have a child (Cherepanov is a child) who is vulnerable to outside influences then what are the probabilities he would turn down the high end life to dedicate himself to hockey fully... I would say if he was to fall to the wrong crowd you could be assured he would show up to practice and games, sleep deprived, hung over and not motivated...

P.S. In case you don't know when the Rangers won the cup in 94 the Russians of that team brought the cup to a restaurant called National, several non-Russian players were with them and after partying with the so called mobsters, the entire squad of players who were in attendance were done for several days from alcohol, girls and etc... Now I understand they won and were celebrating however the Russians don't need a reason to celebrate, bottles of vodka will float either way....
Obviously you didn't read my bio. You don't need to info on Brighton Beach, I was born and raised in NYC. Only after the cup in 94 did I move south. Based on your analogy we should place him in a bubble, because he can't go to mahattan, hell's kitchen on th west side, the irish mob. Can't go downtown, the original mob. Can't go uptown because of harlem and the eastside (that's where I'm from) is off limits because of all the partying that goes on there. I guess the only safe places are in NJ now that the sopranos are off the air!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 09:41 AM
dkich96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Obviously you didn't read my bio. You don't need to info on Brighton Beach, I was born and raised in NYC. Only after the cup in 94 did I move south. Based on your analogy we should place him in a bubble, because he can't go to mahattan, hell's kitchen on th west side, the irish mob. Can't go downtown, the original mob. Can't go uptown because of harlem and the eastside (that's where I'm from) is off limits because of all the partying that goes on there. I guess the only safe places are in NJ now that the sopranos are off the air!
Hey I appreciate your support that you showed the Rangers this past playoffs in Atlanta... I recall your enthusiastic posts, etc. However, I'm the last person to say to keep him in a box, if you install walls around an individual that would simply mean that individual would want to brake through them even more.... However, what I was originally attempting to convey in my message was my concern that Sather and company should make it enticing for the kid to voluntarily forgo the excessive partying with the wrong crowd... A mentor, a role similar to what Jagr played for Prucha his first year here...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Pizza

Was going to start another thread, but this one says it all.

It's official Sather is a genius!!!

First the draft and Cherry, now this.

Let the hate begin. The Rangers kicked down the door today and have stolen everybody's fire.

Night and day from a few years ago. Gomez and Drury are two charcter guys who can really help lead the team into the future.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2007, 09:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Was going to start another thread, but this one says it all.

It's official Sather is a genius!!!

First the draft and Cherry, now this.

Let the hate begin. The Rangers kicked down the door today and have stolen everybody's fire.

Night and day from a few years ago. Gomez and Drury are two charcter guys who can really help lead the team into the future.
If you would like to enjoy some incredibly bitter "we've returned to the pre-lockout days" comments go to the article on tsn.ca and read the reader comments underneath.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote