Notices

Scotty hanging them up or what?

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Winginit

vCash: 500
Scotty hanging them up or what?

This is killing me. I have Scott Niedermayer in my lifetime pool. Expected him to play at least another 5 quality years, even more cause it's him and he's a machine. So what gives? What's the hold up? Is he hanging them up or not? Anyone have any insight? I'm thinking the longer he waits, the more likely he'll return. An answer soon, sure would help me out. Why retire anyways? Sure he's done everything. He wants to retire at the top of his game, well in 5yrs he'll still be a top 5 d-man in the NHL, so I don't buy that. Why not win back to back cups, he hasn't done that yet. Why not play for Canada in 2010 in his own back yard(or pretty damn close)? This thread may seem a bit biased towards my fantasy hockey team, but I am a huge fan of his, and would hate to see him leave now, when he has so much more to offer. So if anyone has any inside scoops on what he is doing, I'd truly appreciate it.

Old
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winginit View Post
This is killing me. I have Scott Niedermayer in my lifetime pool. Expected him to play at least another 5 quality years, even more cause it's him and he's a machine. So what gives? What's the hold up? Is he hanging them up or not? Anyone have any insight? I'm thinking the longer he waits, the more likely he'll return. An answer soon, sure would help me out. Why retire anyways? Sure he's done everything. He wants to retire at the top of his game, well in 5yrs he'll still be a top 5 d-man in the NHL, so I don't buy that. Why not win back to back cups, he hasn't done that yet. Why not play for Canada in 2010 in his own back yard(or pretty damn close)? This thread may seem a bit biased towards my fantasy hockey team, but I am a huge fan of his, and would hate to see him leave now, when he has so much more to offer. So if anyone has any inside scoops on what he is doing, I'd truly appreciate it.
Wow how many questions are in that paragraph? Jeez..

Oh, and no one but Scotty knows if he's retiring. As far as now goes...
"I'm strongly leaning toward retirement"--Scott Niedermayer

Take that for what it's worth.

Old
07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Who cares about a lifetime fantasy hockey pool.

Old
07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Actually everyone here on the Ducks boards have known about what Scotty has decided we are just really good at keeping things a secret.

Old
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Davey Duck

All your answers and more are available in other threads!

There are way too many people on this board that enjoy threadstarting more than searching for an appropriate thread and putting their questions there.

Old
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Duck View Post
All your answers and more are available in other threads!

There are way too many people on this board that enjoy threadstarting more than searching for an appropriate thread and putting their questions there.
Is a new thread really a beef with you?

Old
07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Davey Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Repetitive threads are.

EDIT: Oh, and fantasy threads are. Double whammy on this one.

Last edited by Davey Duck: 07-10-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old
07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
kenabnrmal

I dunno, I'm sure he pays quite a bit for them, so they should be of good quality and shrinkage shouldn't be a problem. I'd be more concerned with ruining the shape of them if he hung them up, so I'd be he leaves them in the dryer after washing them.

What? I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about his shirts...

Old
07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal View Post
I dunno, I'm sure he pays quite a bit for them, so they should be of good quality and shrinkage shouldn't be a problem. I'd be more concerned with ruining the shape of them if he hung them up, so I'd be he leaves them in the dryer after washing them.

What? I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about his shirts...
Maybe, but that'd all be back in 1980. We all saw what he wore at that school. Too bad those pictures are gone now and I can't link one.

Old
07-11-2007, 12:48 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Repetitive threads are.

EDIT: Oh, and fantasy threads are. Double whammy on this one.
Why? A lot of guys are in these fantasy things...it's a source of entertainment and it generates a lot fo interest in the game.

Old
07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Is it so hard to find the old thread and just post on that one instead of creating a new one?

Old
07-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Yeesh, everybody's so CRANKY.

Ha.

Old
07-11-2007, 01:11 AM
MOENing

his brother also knows

Old
07-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Davey Duck

Quote:
Why? A lot of guys are in these fantasy things...it's a source of entertainment and it generates a lot fo interest in the game.
What you said is entirely true, but it doesn't mean fantasy talk should run rampant side by side with real life hockey talk. There's places for fantasy talk for those that want to read fantasy talk. Here's one sentence summarizing why fantasy talk usually sucks...

You are the only one that cares about your fantasy team.

Old
07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
What you said is entirely true, but it doesn't mean fantasy talk should run rampant side by side with real life hockey talk. There's places for fantasy talk for those that want to read fantasy talk. Here's one sentence summarizing why fantasy talk usually sucks...

You are the only one that cares about your fantasy team.
The guy is asking what the deal is with Scotty's retirement plans. Big deal. If he was asking 'Should I start Scotty next week in my roster?" then you'd have a point, but that simple question is total valid. Notwithstanding, the other 100 threads about it!!! ha

Old
07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
Yeesh, everybody's so CRANKY.

Ha.
Is this supposed to be ironic coming from the head CRANKSTER himself?

Old
07-13-2007, 07:26 PM
MOENing

So I'm begining to doubt Scotts fate?
I think he may have change his mind. If I were him and had to make this decision and took me this long I would stay with the team. Then if he regrets it he fakes an injury, then if he regrets regretting it he tells the truth.

Old
07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Heske_44

Quote:
The guy is asking what the deal is with Scotty's retirement plans. Big deal. If he was asking 'Should I start Scotty next week in my roster?" then you'd have a point, but that simple question is total valid. Notwithstanding, the other 100 threads about it!!! ha

Agreed. Aside from mentioning he is in a pool all the questions were directly related to Scott himself.

I don't forsee it to be the end of the world.

If it really bugs people so much then why waste the time replying to these types of threads, that is the part I don't understand.

Old
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Winginit

Sorry I asked!

Just asked a few simple questions, cause nothing was being said about him retiring or not. BTW this pool I'm in is worth $1000 each year to the winner, and losing Neids sure don't help me, when I know I can win it this year. Just heard though he wasn't going to make a decision until just before training camp. Also heard he's talking to Gretzky, and other greats, on how they felt before they retired. My guess is they're telling him not to quit. He'll so miss the game, the competition, the guys. BTW, if you don't like what I wrote, don't read it. None of the other threads gave me the answer I wanted, so I went out on a limb to see if anybody else had an answer. Besides who wants to read like 7 pages to get an answer you can get by starting your own thread. I'm done now. Thanks!

Closed Thread