Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brzgalov

Old
06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
caliamad

vCash: 500
Sorry I didn't see any specific offers. Are the ducks looking to unload Bryzgalov for prospects/picks, or an experience forward/defenseman?

If Teamu retires, personally, I'd try and make a big splash w/ Tampa and Vinny specifically. Bryzgalov/Ryan or Bryzgalov/Andy Mac

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Kimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
Sorry I didn't see any specific offers. Are the ducks looking to unload Bryzgalov for prospects/picks, or an experience forward/defenseman?

If Teamu retires, personally, I'd try and make a big splash w/ Tampa and Vinny specifically. Bryzgalov/Ryan or Bryzgalov/Andy Mac
We're not going to be able to take Vinny's contract. With Getz and Perry getinng about $6m more between them, Teemu's salary is used up from when he retired and we're going to but close to $42m~ cap were working on again. Add Vinny into that and it's not good.

Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post

and sorry but nothing anaheims offers is worthy of vinny to be frank. and they arent trading him for a POSSIBLE number 1 goalie.

Idealsupra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Players that I've heard moving to Anaheim should they make a deal with Tampa are Eric Perrin, Matt Smaby and Karl Stewart plus a 4th in 09.

I'd take that with a grain of salt because Perrin is a UFA and Stewart is an RFA....It would have to be done by July 1st and it would have to be a sign and trade.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Kick Save

[QUOTE=wildcat48;9693478]Players that I've heard moving to Anaheim should they make a deal with Tampa are Eric Perrin, Matt Smaby and Karl Stewart plus a 4th in 09.

I'd take that with a grain of salt because Perrin is a UFA and Stewart is an RFA....It would have to be done by July 1st and it would have to be a sign and trade. /QUOTE]

Not only that, but didn't we just acquire and then trade Karl Stewart last year?

Kick Save is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Players that I've heard moving to Anaheim should they make a deal with Tampa are Eric Perrin, Matt Smaby and Karl Stewart plus a 4th in 09.

I'd take that with a grain of salt because Perrin is a UFA and Stewart is an RFA....It would have to be done by July 1st and it would have to be a sign and trade.
so it would be rights to perrin and stewart and then smaby? asking for smaby for bryz is fair imo...so the rest would be a bonus to burke so i could see that being the case.

hmmmm im in love with smaby and he should be moved into the nhl this season on our backline...but thats not a bad price to pay for bryz...id prefer to see one of the other d prospects go that way though such as rogers or egener

is it just bryz coming back to tampa or anything else? roster players etc?

also can i ask where you get your info? are you close to the team etc? thanks!

Last edited by Idealsupra*: 06-26-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old
06-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Tokala

I really don't see Tampa making a deal for a goalie without sending Denis the other way. Tampa may need an upgrade in goal, but they sure as hell don't need 4 goalies going into training camp.

Tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 05:32 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

[QUOTE=Kick Save;9693740]
Quote:

I'd take that with a grain of salt because Perrin is a UFA and Stewart is an RFA....It would have to be done by July 1st and it would have to be a sign and trade. /QUOTE]

Not only that, but didn't we just acquire and then trade Karl Stewart last year?
No, they acquired Stewart in the trade Vishnevski, but lost him on waivers to Pittsburgh, then Chicago claimed him and finally he ended up in TB.

Anaheim really likes him and feel he could fill a role much like a Sean Avery.

Old
06-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
I really don't see Tampa making a deal for a goalie without sending Denis the other way. Tampa may need an upgrade in goal, but they sure as hell don't need 4 goalies going into training camp.

if feaster gets bryz he could try to find a home for denis... remember once bryz is off the market that leaves fenandez and denis as the only goalies left for the teams who still need them. boston phoneix and la all still need goalies....maybe another team or two also.... its like musical chairs....someones gonna be without a seat

Old
06-26-2007, 05:35 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealsupra View Post
so it would be rights to perrin and stewart and then smaby? asking for smaby for bryz is fair imo...so the rest would be a bonus to burke so i could see that being the case.

hmmmm im in love with smaby and he should be moved into the nhl this season on our backline...but thats not a bad price to pay for bryz...id prefer to see one of the other d prospects go that way though such as rogers or egener

is it just bryz coming back to tampa or anything else? roster players etc?

also can i ask where you get your info? are you close to the team etc? thanks!
It would be Bryz, Skinner (who the Ducks qualified) and the conditional 3rd that they received for Shannon.

As for my source, I work in the media so I keep them close to me for obvious reasons.

Old
06-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
It would be Bryz, Skinner (who the Ducks qualified) and the conditional 3rd that they received for Shannon.

As for my source, I work in the media so I keep them close to me for obvious reasons.

who is skinner? couldnt find him on your roster? and what is the conditions for the pick?

it would be a tough pill to swallow losing smaby...... im real big with him coming up this year and showing what he can do.... but it might just be worth it... i could only hope feaster would do something else with the D then on the team as we would be TWO dmen short lol.

and good enogh answer for me on the source.... thanks!

Old
06-26-2007, 06:09 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
who is skinner? couldnt find him on your roster? and what is the conditions for the pick?

it would be a tough pill to swallow losing smaby...... im real big with him coming up this year and showing what he can do.... but it might just be worth it... i could only hope feaster would do something else with the D then on the team as we would be TWO dmen short lol.

and good enogh answer for me on the source.... thanks!
Brett Skinner - Defense

The condition is Anaheim gets Vancouver 3rd round pick if Ryan Shannon plays a certain number of NHL games.

Old
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Brett Skinner - Defense

The condition is Anaheim gets Vancouver 3rd round pick if Ryan Shannon plays a certain number of NHL games.

thank you!

i dont know much about skinner but its obviously a d prospect coming back... im assuming smaby is decently better however its not too bad. if this went down it would be very interesting.

Old
06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Hank

Quote:
remember once bryz is off the market that leaves fenandez and denis as the only goalies left for the teams who still need them. boston phoneix and la all still need goalies....maybe another team or two also.... its like musical chairs....someones gonna be without a seat
Gerber is still out there as well.

Also, I fully expect at least one of those three teams you mentioned standing pat either because salaries don't add up or the trades cost more than they want to pay.

But I'd add St Louis to the list. From now till camp is going to interesting.

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 07:18 PM
The Zookeep

Quote:

Ya I'm sure Feaster is clamoring to trade Vinny after coming off an MVP type year. Especially after waiting 7 years for him to reach this level.

Eklund has to stop mentioning Vin in his silly rumours, people get delusional about tbay trading him.

The Zookeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Hear anything about Phoenix? I'd beat the Tampa offer, if I could.

06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hockey Duckie

I know it's not often done, but what about trading with the Kings? They've got a lot of prospects and they need a starting netminder. What would the Kings be willing to part with for Bryz? There's an offensive d-man I like... but I don't know how to gauge Bryz' trade potential.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
I know it's not often done, but what about trading with the Kings? They've got a lot of prospects and they need a starting netminder. What would the Kings be willing to part with for Bryz? There's an offensive d-man I like... but I don't know how to gauge Bryz' trade potential.
who needs bryz when you got a guy like HICKEY

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
fcpremix88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Gerber is still out there as well.

Also, I fully expect at least one of those three teams you mentioned standing pat either because salaries don't add up or the trades cost more than they want to pay.

But I'd add St Louis to the list. From now till camp is going to interesting.
St. Louis has Legace and 2 goalies for the backup role (Bacashua and Riksman), and Shwarz coming along in 2-3 years. No need for Bryzgalov, really.

Although, I wouldn't mind him there.

I hope Tampa gets him... would Bryzgalov for Holmqvist be any good? Would anaheim need a backup if Brygalov left? or would Garon be the guy? I don't really know anaheim that well.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:14 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
St. Louis has Legace and 2 goalies for the backup role (Bacashua and Riksman), and Shwarz coming along in 2-3 years. No need for Bryzgalov, really.

Although, I wouldn't mind him there.

I hope Tampa gets him... would Bryzgalov for Holmqvist be any good? Would anaheim need a backup if Brygalov left? or would Garon be the guy? I don't really know anaheim that well.
Caron signed with a team in Europe. If Anaheim does deal Bryz, I think we'd look into Hiller or someone in the minors.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Often? Try never. Though Burkie did admit he tried last year but I don't think he tried that hard. It's not common practice to trade with your arch rival. In fact I hope Burke sends him to an Eastern team so we don't have to worry about him much at all. Though him going to Phoenix wouldn't surprise me too much considering the Ducks and Yotes have traded with each other many times.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
As mod it is my duty to ban you from the glorious boards of Anaheim to hockey hell. Thats right, the NJ Devils board. Consider yourself banned for 1 week.

I have spoken!
All Hail Gordon Bombay

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Ghosthoffa

Trade Proposal

Bryzgalov to Phoenix

Boynton Leneveu and second rounder in 08 to anaheim

Ghosthoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Ghosthoffa

I would also need to negotiate an extension or that second rounder is conditional on him signing a new contract with us...

Ghosthoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 03:14 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthoffa View Post
Trade Proposal

Bryzgalov to Phoenix

Boynton Leneveu and second rounder in 08 to anaheim
That's an extremely lopsided trade in our favor and there's no way Maloney would ever do it. I'd love to get Leneveu in exchange for Bryz but I don't ever see it happening. Hell I'd take Boynton straight up for Ilya but I don't that happening either.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote