Notices

Brzgalov

Old
06-27-2007, 04:48 AM
Pepper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
That's an extremely lopsided trade in our favor and there's no way Maloney would ever do it. I'd love to get Leneveu in exchange for Bryz but I don't ever see it happening. Hell I'd take Boynton straight up for Ilya but I don't that happening either.
We can't afford Boynton except if Selanne and/or Nieds retires.

but I agree, that offer is ridiculously lopsided in our favor.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 06:35 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthoffa View Post
Trade Proposal

Bryzgalov to Phoenix

Boynton Leneveu and second rounder in 08 to anaheim
Steep. Too steep.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
St. Louis has Legace and 2 goalies for the backup role (Bacashua and Riksman), and Shwarz coming along in 2-3 years. No need for Bryzgalov, really.
Legace is an ideal backup, but a starter he's not. Going with two of those three mentioned assures Blues fans they'll be seeing one of the worst tandems in the league (IMO).

Quote:
I hope Tampa gets him... would Bryzgalov for Holmqvist be any good? Would anaheim need a backup if Brygalov left?
A goal tender is the last thing Burke will be looking for in return. They seem happy with the goalies already in the system and are looking at the available UFA vets for possible backups just in case.

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Idealsupra*

how about:

To Tampa:
Ilya Bryzgalov
Francois Beauchemin

To Anaheim:
Karl Stewart
Matt Smaby
Andy Rogers
Rights to Eric Perrin
3rd round Draft pick in 2008
4th round draft pick in 2009

maybe? id say thats relatively fair value wise....im not sure about the exact needs of the ducks though. especially depending on neidermayer/selanne retiring or not.

Idealsupra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealsupra View Post
how about:

To Tampa:
Ilya Bryzgalov
Francois Beauchemin

To Anaheim:
Karl Stewart
Matt Smaby
Andy Rogers
Rights to Eric Perrin

maybe? id say thats relatively fair value wise....im not sure about the exact needs of the ducks though. especially depending on neidermayer/selanne retiring or not.
Zero chance of Beauchemin getting dealt.

Its going to be a deal of Bryz for a d-man/forward and a pick most likely

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
bleuer

Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
no way they are giving beauch away with the possible retirement of scotty...and please, no eric perrin. he played in switzerland, I've seen him a lot...no thanks.

bleuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
how about:

To Tampa:
Ilya Bryzgalov
Francois Beauchemin

To Anaheim:
Karl Stewart
Matt Smaby
Andy Rogers
Rights to Eric Perrin

With Nieds possibly retiring, Beauchemin is the 2nd least likely defenseman on the Ducks to move (Pronger). Not a chance. Valuewise looks close (slanted to TB's favor), but the Ducks would never do it given the team's circumstances.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Alb Tkachuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
With Nieds possibly retiring, Beauchemin is the 2nd least likely defenseman on the Ducks to move (Pronger). Not a chance. Valuewise looks close (slanted to TB's favor), but the Ducks would never do it given the team's circumstances.
I don't see the same value on these sides. For me it looks a bit like quantity for quality.
Rogers is a good shut-down at the best, but he has absolutely no offense. I'm not high on Smaby too. Beauchemin can shoot, hit, play offense, play defense, I can't see we trade him away (especially for only above-average prospects). Perrin, Stewart and the picks are just fillers and nothing special.

Alb Tkachuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Idealsupra*

i could definitely understand the ducks not wanting to deal bo if neids retires...however if he DOESNT....then it would get them two very solid D prospects and IMO smaby will be BETTER then bo in the long run. like i said it really depends on the needs AND the situation of anaheim.

as a tampa fan id like to see maybe a high 3rd line or low 2nd lower fwd come with bryz as well... and in return we add in another pick or prospect (AGAIN situation determined)

i hate the waiting game... wildcat if you get any updates on this please post them up

if we got bryz and could deal denis to someone even for just a high draft pick.... i think it would put the TBL in a MUCH better situation and would improve them as well.

for the record anaheim is my western conference team (2nd only to the lightning) so needless to say trading between the two is fine with me cause i still can enjoy the players going to anaheim.

oh and a late congrats on the cup from a tbl fan.

Old
06-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Davey Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
Zero chance of Beauchemin getting dealt.
Yeah, he found a diamond in the rough in Beauchemin who fits perfectly on this team and plays a huge role. Why give up someone you know works here that is at a great price for some guys that you aren't sure will work out here?

Quote:
however if he DOESNT....then it would get them two very solid D prospects
An established #2 d-man is worth more than two sold prospects to the Ducks. We aren't rebuilding. We are trying to win again.

Davey Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:18 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alb Tkachuk View Post
I don't see the same value on these sides. For me it looks a bit like quantity for quality.
Rogers is a good shut-down at the best, but he has absolutely no offense. I'm not high on Smaby too. Beauchemin can shoot, hit, play offense, play defense, I can't see we trade him away (especially for only above-average prospects). Perrin, Stewart and the picks are just fillers and nothing special.
I'm just a big fan of big, defensive Dmen. I like Smaby, Rogers has promise too. I think they'd both be better than any of our defensive prospects other than Mitera. Although that's probably too much of the same thing. And Anaheim liked Stewart for a depth role, we just lost him through waivers. The rest is pretty much filler though. But any trade we do would likely be the opposite direction in terms of quantity for quality.

Old
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM
caliamad

not to mention that he's on an affordable contact, is well liked by the whole organization and will probably the leader on defense once Neidermayer/Pronger leave/retire. I think he's only 26.

And with Tampa, I realize getting Vinny is a longshot, but if Feaster really doesn't want to put all his eggs in his forwards, I'd be willing to pull out all the stop to get him.

Vinny makes aorund 6 million I thought, I was thinking we could afford him and still have cap space next year. I think after a year like this, Anaheim will up their internal budget if they do well again this year.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

If by 6 million you mean 6.9, then yeah. That and if they want to get rid of one of the big 3 it wouldn't be the best of the 3.

Old
06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Bruin72

BostonProposal
Hannu Toivonen, Matt Lashoff and 2008 1rst round pick FOR

Bryzalogov and Dustin Penner

Bruin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:05 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin72 View Post
BostonProposal

I'll pass. I think Pens has a shot at 40 goals this year is the PPG line gets first line minutes. Burke doesn't have a gun to his head with Bryz. He can be patient and take the best deal for the Ducks.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
BostonProposal

i really dont think boston is looking to give up their 1st round pick in a GREAT draft to get a "stopgap" in goal for a year or two until rask is ready..... especially in their current situation....

im not enlightened on lashoff but i would think anaheim would consider it value wise.

Old
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Ghosthoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
That's an extremely lopsided trade in our favor and there's no way Maloney would ever do it. I'd love to get Leneveu in exchange for Bryz but I don't ever see it happening. Hell I'd take Boynton straight up for Ilya but I don't that happening either.
Trust me Maloney would dump Lenny and Boynton in a heart beat

Ghosthoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthoffa View Post
Trust me Maloney would dump Lenny and Boynton in a heart beat
lol hindsight is 20/20 when you see boynton on waivers huh

Old
06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Hank

Quote:
i could definitely understand the ducks not wanting to deal bo if neids retires...however if he DOESNT....then it would get them two very solid D prospects and IMO smaby will be BETTER then bo in the long run. like i said it really depends on the needs AND the situation of anaheim.
Who cares about the "long run" when they can keep Beauchemin and very possibly win the Cup again next year.

If you haven't noticed, after Niedermayer and Pronger there is a very large gap in talent to the Ducks next tier of defensemen excluding Beauchemin. He is the critical player that fills that gap. Without him they have very big problems that two prospects aren't going to help with.

Old
06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Who cares about the "long run" when they can keep Beauchemin and very possibly win the Cup again next year.

If you haven't noticed, after Niedermayer and Pronger there is a very large gap in talent to the Ducks next tier of defensemen excluding Beauchemin. He is the critical player that fills that gap. Without him they have very big problems that two prospects aren't going to help with.
what you say is a given...which is why i said IF NEIDS DOESNT RETIRE then they COULD afford to trade bo for two good d prospects....because they will still have pronger and neids on the backline. you said it yourself...the talent after those two needs help...so this two for 1 deal would work IF neids doesnt retire...

if he does i can understand not being able to...

agian im just throwing random things out there because i hate the offseason and this passes the time lol

Old
06-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Hank

Quote:
what you say is a given...which is why i said IF NEIDS DOESNT RETIRE then they COULD afford to trade bo for two good d prospects....
No they can't afford that.

Quote:
you said it yourself...the talent after those two needs help...so this two for 1 deal would work IF neids doesnt retire...
I said Beauchemin is the needed talent after the big two. Prospects do not help fill out your top 4.

Old
06-27-2007, 03:46 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
how about:

To Tampa:
Ilya Bryzgalov
Francois Beauchemin

To Anaheim:
Karl Stewart
Matt Smaby
Andy Rogers
Rights to Eric Perrin

hmmm....that should land us st. louis or you're next 2 first round picks at least....no way that's happening and that's lopsided towards you guys.

luckoftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckoftheduck View Post
hmmm....that should land us st. louis or you're next 2 first round picks at least....no way that's happening and that's lopsided towards you guys.
well i know not to take anything you say as gospel. considering you think a 2nd pairing dman and a non proven POSSIBLE decent goalie is worth one of the top 10 players in the league.

Old
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
BostonProposal

KNowing that your first rounder will most likely be top-10, I might do that trade. Lashoff is a top d-man prospect and Toivonen has all kinds of potential and could be as good as bryzgalov...not to mention that that first round pick could probably develop into a franchise player.

Old
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
well i know not to take anything you say as gospel. considering you think a 2nd pairing dman and a non proven POSSIBLE decent goalie is worth one of the top 10 players in the league.
I guarantee Brian Burke would say the exact same thing to Feaster if he proposed your trade. I'm not beating around the bush, I'll tell you that that's a complete bull trade and I would never do it. Beauch is a top-pairing d-man and Bryz is a non-proven good(possibly great) goalie.