HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers sign Artem Anisimov - 3 yr ELC, $850k per

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2007, 10:25 PM
  #101
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
How is Montoya even 1 on your list? Guy doesn't belong in the IHL let alone NHL. Pure garbage.
OK, I'll bite. Explain.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
  #102
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,763
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
How is Montoya even 1 on your list? Guy doesn't belong in the IHL let alone NHL. Pure garbage. But I agree Staal Cherepanov Anisimov have value.
could you tell me when you last seen Montoya play? a lot of us here don't have access to Hartford games, so when someone like you comes along who obviously has access to our prospects, it's great to see.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:29 PM
  #103
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
OK, I'll bite. Explain.
Seen him upclose during lockout he sucks. He's like Weekes plays to low i'm sorry but he's not the next Louangoor Fernandez here he belongs wearing the Jani King jackets picking up the hats fans throw on the ice when theres a hat trick.

To be very frank pay the franchise goalie already stop low balling Henrik and we won't have to go through the whole I told you so's.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:31 PM
  #104
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
could you tell me when you last seen Montoya play? a lot of us here don't have access to Hartford games, so when someone like you comes along who obviously has access to our prospects, it's great to see.
It was a while ago but he's been in the minors forever now that alone tells you he's ***** notice they can't even trade him says alot. Hopefully no more lockouts and I won't have to watch scrub Montoya in AHL again lol.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
  #105
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Seen him upclose during lockout he sucks. He's like Weekes plays to low i'm sorry but he's not the next Louangoor Fernandez here he belongs wearing the Jani King jackets picking up the hats fans throw on the ice when theres a hat trick.

To be very frank pay the franchise goalie already stop low balling Henrik and we won't have to go through the whole I told you so's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
It was a while ago but he's been in the minors forever now that alone tells you he's ***** notice they can't even trade him says alot. Hopefully no more lockouts and I won't have to watch scrub Montoya in AHL again lol.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:38 PM
  #106
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,763
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
It was a while ago but he's been in the minors forever now that alone tells you he's ***** notice they can't even trade him says alot. Hopefully no more lockouts and I won't have to watch scrub Montoya in AHL again lol.
yeah, 22 years old and still in the minors, clearly a washed-up has-been.

nice of you to take a sample from his worst season and draw a bad conclusion from it.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:39 PM
  #107
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Seen him upclose during lockout he sucks. He's like Weekes plays to low i'm sorry but he's not the next Louangoor Fernandez here he belongs wearing the Jani King jackets picking up the hats fans throw on the ice when theres a hat trick.

To be very frank pay the franchise goalie already stop low balling Henrik and we won't have to go through the whole I told you so's.
Yea and he Montoya hasn't developed a drop in the past two and half years since you've watched him up close.

You didn't go to Ohio State by any chance?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:50 PM
  #108
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Seen him upclose during lockout he sucks. He's like Weekes plays to low i'm sorry but he's not the next Louangoor Fernandez here he belongs wearing the Jani King jackets picking up the hats fans throw on the ice when theres a hat trick.

To be very frank pay the franchise goalie already stop low balling Henrik and we won't have to go through the whole I told you so's.
when did Lundqvist's agent sign up for the HFboards?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
  #109
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yea and he Montoya hasn't developed a drop in the past two and half years since you've watched him up close.

You didn't go to Ohio State by any chance?
Na to Ohio State. But if you think Montoyas the real deal your out of your mind noone even offered the Rangers a trade for him.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:56 PM
  #110
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
noone even offered the Rangers a trade for him.
How do you know that?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:57 PM
  #111
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,763
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Na to Ohio State.
let me guess, you have the NHL Network. they showed Michigan a ton during the lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
But if you think Montoyas the real deal your out of your mind noone even offered the Rangers a trade for him.
so not being traded=no one being interested. ok.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 10:58 PM
  #112
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
when did Lundqvist's agent sign up for the HFboards?
If I was Henriks agent i'd be pretty lucky. The guy is probably the best goalie in the NHL playing in NYC. If he can handle it here he can handle it anywhere.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
  #113
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How do you know that?
Look at the generation we live in. Blogs Message boards catch everything. A 22 year old goalie sitting behind Henrik drawing no interest at all. Means 1 of 2 things scouts saw what I did and understand he should be released. Or all the scouts are wrong and he's a rising big time netminder.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 11:35 PM
  #114
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Look at the generation we live in. Blogs Message boards catch everything. A 22 year old goalie sitting behind Henrik drawing no interest at all. Means 1 of 2 things scouts saw what I did and understand he should be released. Or all the scouts are wrong and he's a rising big time netminder.
what the hell are you talking about?

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Al_Montoya/

Career potential
No. 1 goaltender.

Last year:
6SO
2.30
0.914
27-17-0



oh yes, lets definitely release him outright cause on some message board we dont hear about some rumors involving him.



ok, since thats what it takes, did you know the Rangers were -->||<--- THAT close to trading Montoya straight up for Crosby, but the Rangers had to back out of it since they didnt get enough back.



Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
  #115
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
what the hell are you talking about?

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Al_Montoya/

Career potential
No. 1 goaltender.

Last year:
6SO
2.30
0.914
27-17-0



oh yes, lets definitely release him outright cause on some message board we dont hear about some rumors involving him.



ok, since thats what it takes, did you know the Rangers were -->||<--- THAT close to trading Montoya straight up for Crosby, but the Rangers had to back out of it since they didnt get enough back.



27-17 in the minors. They would eat him alive in the NHL. If they really had a chance for Crosby for that piece od trash and rejected then fire Sather now. Vallaquette>Montoya.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
  #116
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
27-17 in the minors. They would eat him alive in the NHL. If they really had a chance for Crosby for that piece od trash and rejected then fire Sather now. Vallaquette>Montoya.


no no, its true also Ovechkin was on the table, but you know, he sucks so we dont want him.


what? Ovechkins scored goals in the NHL?

BIG DEAL, I saw him play 5 years ago, and that day he was TERRIBLE, so obviously getting him now is retarded.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
  #117
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Alright guys, it was fun for a bit, but its gone completely off topic (with my help included), lets get back on topic with Anisimov.

If you want to continue the goalie situation/discussion bring it to the Lundqvist thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=397805

or the Montoya Thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=399140

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:16 AM
  #118
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Alright guys, it was fun for a bit, but its gone completely off topic (with my help included), lets get back on topic with Anisimov.

If you want to continue this discussion bring it to the Lundqvist thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=397805
Speaking of Artem, how old is he? To be honest if he can replace useless Cullen that be a huge plus.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:18 AM
  #119
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Speaking of Artem, how old is he? To be honest if he can replace useless Cullen that be a huge plus.
He just turned 19 about a month and a half ago. I wouldn't put him on the Rangers right now though, he is just breaking out, turning into a very good prosepct but definitely needs more time to develop (maybe only a year in the AHL though).

At this point Cullen definitely brings more then the young Russian would bring at this time.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:23 AM
  #120
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,044
vCash: 500
imho artem needs 1 full year in hfd minimum. id probably say 2 years is HIGHLY likely to get all you can out of him. transitioning from the RSL with minimal minutes to a whole new country, with a whole new rink, a whole new language, and a whole different playing style takes time, especially when you are young. very few players are of the ilk of an Ovechkin or Kovalchuk.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:23 AM
  #121
Renney=Savior*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: Italy
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
He just turned 19 about a month and a half ago. I wouldn't put him on the Rangers right now though, he is just breaking out and definitely needs more time to develop (maybe only a year in the AHL though).

At this point Cullen definitely brings more then the young Russian would bring at this time.
Yeah I have to agree there. I always thought he was older for some reason. Too bad Cherepanov is stuck in that Russian league another year would actually have made a trip to see him and Chere play if they were line mates.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM
  #122
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yea and he Montoya hasn't developed a drop in the past two and half years since you've watched him up close.

You didn't go to Ohio State by any chance?
maybe, but it's doubtful that s/he was going to hockey games. They've never been able to fill that arena.

Michigan State would be a better guess.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
  #123
chappie
lemon snow!
 
chappie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Is this signing confirmed? If so, does this mean he's coming to Hartford for a year or two?

I hope so...I will be rushing out to get my Anisimov Pack jersey SUPER quick.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
  #124
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 500
I have no confirmation that Anisimov was signed yet, but that does not mean he has not been inked to an entry level contract.

BTW, while most ELCs are for 3 years, college players are signed to 2-year ELCs.

As for Anisimov, he looked like an excellent prospect at the development camp, however, I am hoping to see him more (at both Traverse City and the fall camps, if he is there) before I can reasonably say one way or another whether he will be best suited on the Rangers or Hartford for the 2007-08 season (that assumes that he has actually signed or will do so prior to the beginning of the season).

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:11 AM
  #125
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Players who sign their first contract at age 18-21 are required to sign three-year Entry Level contracts; players age 22-23 will be required to sign two-year deals; and players age 24 will be required to sign a one-year Entry Level contract.
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.