HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OTHER Lundqvist

Old
11-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
No way we trade Betts, he's awesome in the defensive aspect of the game. He doesn't score any points, but he doesn't allow his opponents to do so either.

Prucha and Hollweg for Lundqvist and a 2nd, or Prucha for Lundqvist? We're getting nowhere with Prucha anyway and we play Lundqvist on a wing position. I honestly don't think Lundqvist has less of a scoring touch than Prucha has. Prucha gets a new chance to produce on a new team and we receive a tough forward with a good wrist shot, also with a new chance. And who knows, the two twins on the same team might get them both to perform better.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
blue425

Havnt read the whole thread but a BIG no on trading Betts.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
No way we trade Betts, he's awesome in the defensive aspect of the game. He doesn't score any points, but he doesn't allow his opponents to do so either.

Prucha and Hollweg for Lundqvist and a 2nd, or Prucha for Lundqvist? We're getting nowhere with Prucha anyway and we play Lundqvist on a wing position. I honestly don't think Lundqvist has less of a scoring touch than Prucha has. Prucha gets a new chance to produce on a new team and we receive a tough forward with a good wrist shot, also with a new chance. And who knows, the two twins on the same team might get them both to perform better.

You dont trade Betts but you trade a 30 goal and 22 goal scorer in his first 2 NHL season, and a heart and sould hussler in Hollweg, who sticks up for team mates etc... for a 3rd liner and a 2nd rounder. A 3rd liner who isnt needed, and first off your trading 2 wingers for a center that NYR does not need.

I guess that makes plenty of sense, maybe to you..

yeah and the twins together will get Henk to perform better, cause he definitly needs alot of help in his game, henk is playing definitly not up to par. So yeah we will just keep Betts. cause Joel coming here and playing with his bro will make a 30 goal scorer, i dont know how that would help considering Henk is a golaie, but what ever floats your boat.

Last edited by Jay88*: 11-16-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

good god, Joel Lundqvist is Jed Ortmeyer with slightly less hoofshapen hands.

i seriously question the sanity of some of the posters here. Joel hasnt scored more than 20 goals on any level in about a decade. He has 5 career NHL goals, and despite Petrs terrible start, they are tied in goals and assists right now.

Petr Prucha has scored 54 goals in the nhl over the past 2 years and so far this year.

At the rate Joel is scoring, itll take him over 6 full 82 game seasons to equal what Prucha has done in 166 games (just over 2 seasons).

Last year, Prucha averaged 12:59 per game
2 years ago 13:41
this year 12:53

Joel last year: 11:20
This year: 12:24

reasonably close minutes, 3 times the production for Prucha.

Sure, why not, lets trade em straight up, while were at it, I hear the Kings would trade us Labarbera and a first for Lundqvist.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Nyrfan25

Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
good god, Joel Lundqvist is Jed Ortmeyer with slightly less hoofshapen hands.

i seriously question the sanity of some of the posters here. Joel hasnt scored more than 20 goals on any level in about a decade. He has 5 career NHL goals, and despite Petrs terrible start, they are tied in goals and assists right now.

Petr Prucha has scored 54 goals in the nhl over the past 2 years and so far this year.

At the rate Joel is scoring, itll take him over 6 full 82 game seasons to equal what Prucha has done in 166 games (just over 2 seasons).

Last year, Prucha averaged 12:59 per game
2 years ago 13:41
this year 12:53

Joel last year: 11:20
This year: 12:24

reasonably close minutes, 3 times the production for Prucha.

Sure, why not, lets trade em straight up, while were at it, I hear the Kings would trade us Labarbera and a first for Lundqvist.

Nyrfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Nich

um not to say your wrong inferno...but you are

joel has only played 11 games for the stars this year (for a total of 47 in his career) and has the same amount of points as peter.

and that being said, we aren't trading him for his upgrade in scoring. but rather an upgrade in pretty much every other aspect. he has skills to score, sure not at the same clip as prucha, but he is better defensively, on the puck, off the puck, positioning, hitting, puck possession, penalty kill, etc

and really this is only made possible by peter being passed on the depth chart by other players.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 10:42 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
why do we need to trade for a 3rd liner when our depth is great on the current roster (forget Straka or Cally?!) and we have plenty of guys who could do the same as Joel LUndqvist in the minors who'd be younger.

If you want him just to make Henrik even happier then just give him a job next to Sam Rosen.... he's not needed on the ice at MSG.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
why do we need to trade for a 3rd liner when our depth is great on the current roster (forget Straka or Cally?!) and we have plenty of guys who could do the same as Joel LUndqvist in the minors who'd be younger.

If you want him just to make Henrik even happier then just give him a job next to Sam Rosen.... he's not needed on the ice at MSG.
I dont agree with that at all.

Sounds like you've never seen Joel play.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post

joel has only played 11 games for the stars this year (for a total of 47 in his career) and has the same amount of points as peter.

and that being said, we aren't trading him for his upgrade in scoring. but rather an upgrade in pretty much every other aspect. he has skills to score, sure not at the same clip as prucha, but he is better defensively, on the puck, off the puck, positioning, hitting, puck possession, penalty kill, etc

and really this is only made possible by peter being passed on the depth chart by other players.
But the only thing this team currently needs to address has been the lack of scoring. We're sound defensively, excellent on the PK, have enough grit, win the majority of face offs, etc... Joel Lundqvist will not boost our scoring, and when Prucha gets hot, he absolutely will. Plus, as others have said, we have players potentially as good or better than Joel Lundqvist in our system. If Prucha is moved, it should be for something that will improve the team longterm, not for what would amount to a lateral deal at best.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
But the only thing this team currently needs to address has been the lack of scoring. We're sound defensively, excellent on the PK, have enough grit, win the majority of face offs, etc... Joel Lundqvist will not boost our scoring, and when Prucha gets hot, he absolutely will. Plus, as others have said, we have players potentially as good or better than Joel Lundqvist in our system. If Prucha is moved, it should be for something that will improve the team longterm, not for what would amount to a lateral deal at best.
see you are thinking right now..when cally and straka come back, it isn't dawes who is going to sit...it is going to be prucha and orr/hollweeg.

and no we do not have anybody in the ahl who plays the game joel does. if so, name one? moore? joel is better. Bourett is more of a scorer. so who is this guy in our system that plays his game and is better at it?

Old
11-16-2007, 11:01 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
see you are thinking right now..when cally and straka come back, it isn't dawes who is going to sit...it is going to be prucha and orr/hollweeg.

and no we do not have anybody in the ahl who plays the game joel does. if so, name one? moore? joel is better. Bourett is more of a scorer. so who is this guy in our system that plays his game and is better at it?
I said that we have players potentially as good or better than Joel Lundqvist. Right now, I don't see how his game would be of much benefit to us as our only weakness has been our lack of scoring punch. That's why I called acquiring him a lateral move- it won't make us better, it won't make us worse. Why trade assets in such a deal? We already have Marcel Hossa, who possesses a similar skill set, and I don't think we need another player like that.

I'm not opposed to moving Prucha, but I think a deal for him should better address the long term needs of the team.

Old
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Nich

i think it strengthens our team for it allows us to replace hollweeg on the 4th line with someone who is better defensively and can actually score more.

ok so it doesn't havre to be straight up, but i do think that joel here would make us a better team without a doubt

honestly

a line of

joel - blair and hossa

would be one of the best 4th lines in the league, able to shut down top lines, as well as score

Old
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
i think it strengthens our team for it allows us to replace hollweeg on the 4th line with someone who is better defensively and can actually score more.

ok so it doesn't havre to be straight up, but i do think that joel here would make us a better team without a doubt

honestly

a line of

joel - blair and hossa

would be one of the best 4th lines in the league, able to shut down top lines, as well as score
You might be right. I guess I'm just pretty content with the team we have now, and I'm getting sick of people proposing trades just for the sake of making a trade. I'm not at all saying that's what you're doing, I'm just immediately skeptical when I see "let's move this guy for this 3rd-liner" in a thread. Lundqvist would probably help us, but I like Prucha and would prefer to keep him around.

Old
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

he has the same amount of points THIS YEAR, not for his career. And were talking about the Rangers, a team that was almost universally struggling to score goals. A team that has Chris Drury (who plays more than 4 times the power play time) with only 1 more goal than Petr.

a team that is having trouble scoring should never trade a sniper like petr for a 3rd or 4th liner in lundqvist who is roughly as good as dane byers.

maybe joel is better in some aspects, but being a better penalty killer? so what? controlling the puck? half the board is a-ok with hossa being benched because he isnt putting the puck in the net. hossa does all those things that joel does, and more.

i think this is one of the most ridiculous discussions ive ever read on here.

Old
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Jay88*

Quote:

honestly

a line of

joel - blair and hossa

I try to find points in just about every post you make , but for some reason I cant.EVER.

Also they could shut down any first line in the league, arent the NYR's 4th line doing that already, plus they got 2 very tough hard working players that will drop the gloves at any time already, are you blind to this.
One of the best 4th lines in the league, what are you kidding me.. NYR's 4th line is as good as it gets and its tough.

So yeah take Hollweg and Orr out and NYR just gets softer and abused regularly. You just cant seem to get that through your shallow minded litttle brain, can you. Sorry to be a dick but some people just dont understand. And getting them to understand common sense things,well it gets annoying.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Anyone else think that it might be a little distracting for them to be playing with each other? For the most part it will probably make both more competitive, but you never know.
You're right, it would be good to know how they work together when playing for the same team, like say since they were toddlers. Oh well, I guess we'll never know...

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I try to find points in just about every post you make , but for some reason I cant.EVER.

Also they could shut down any first line in the league, arent the NYR's 4th line doing that already, plus they got 2 very tough hard working players that will drop the gloves at any time already, are you blind to this.
One of the best 4th lines in the league, what are you kidding me.. NYR's 4th line is as good as it gets and its tough.

So yeah take Hollweg and Orr out and NYR just gets softer and abused regularly. You just cant seem to get that through your shallow minded litttle brain, can you. Sorry to be a dick but some people just dont understand. And getting them to understand common sense things,well it gets annoying.
haha..nice post....hahaha

except you go against common sense with it

and when was the last time holly dropped his gloves?

Old
11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post

Not a fan of a 'rookie' coming here, right or wrong, that treats people who've been here for years like this.

Old
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Nich

honestly, i am just more amazed that i got that response with this being my first trade proposal ever in 3 years

Old
11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
That would be pretty sweet to have Joel play with Henrik.

Having J. Lundqvist could replace Ortmeyer.

I don't want to see Henrik's jersey to have the H. Lundqvist though
Having Callahan replaces Ortmeyer.

I like the way Joel plays though and have made proposals on other boards for him during the offseason. Immonen, Hossa, and even Dawes were viamently shot down by Dallas and Ranger fans.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=immonen

Obviously I value Dawes, much more now, than I did then.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Not a fan of a 'rookie' coming here, right or wrong, that treats people who've been here for years like this.

It's the age we live in. And it's not civilized regardless of who it's directed to, new or not.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
It's the age we live in. And it's not civilized regardless of who it's directed to, new or not.
Yeah, true, tis the age we live in, my post is more directed at the newbies than anything else.

Its great that newbies can show up and be heard, but don't insult people who are respected around here.

Old
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
honestly, i am just more amazed that i got that response with this being my first trade proposal ever in 3 years
youre lucky I didnt go Jigsaw on you for this proposal.

Old
11-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
youre lucky I didnt go Jigsaw on you for this proposal.

bring it fire guy, bring it!

Old
11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
bring it fire guy, bring it!
Hello Nich, I want to play a game.

as you will note, the device strapped to your head renders you unable to close your eyes, and in front of you is a television that will play every single devils game from 1995 till today. You will have to watch some of the most boring hockey, and be unable to look away.

in your right hand is a self destruct button that will end your misery.

live or die, make your choice.

*3 seconds later Nich pushes the button*