HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drury down to LA and SJ?

Old
06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Drury down to LA and SJ?

The only reason why I find this worthy of a new thread is that I can't find a Drury thread and I'm getting tired of appending updates to other threads, so let's just make this the unofficial Drury thread for now and, maybe, next week.

Eklund is reporting today, "The current line on Chris Drury is... San Jose or LA. plain and simple."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8248

For commenting on the Souray rumor, I say that we keep that to the Souray thread that I bumped, if we can.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:02 PM
devilinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
The only reason why I find this worthy of a new thread is that I can't find a Drury thread and I'm getting tired of appending updates to other threads, so let's just make this the unofficial Drury thread for now and, maybe, next week.

Eklund is reporting today, "The current line on Chris Drury is... San Jose or LA. plain and simple."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8248

For commenting on the Souray rumor, I say that we keep that to the Souray thread that I bumped, if we can.

Lets Hope Dean can make this move. I really think the Kings can move from Last to first very fast.

Reporting from portugal

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Rob Blake needs to ask himself if there is anything more he can do to influence Drury's decision. IF Drury becomes a king and Blake had anything to do with it, then the Blake signing was worth it in my opinion.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Fat Elvis

It'd be nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up until it happens. Drury and Hannan would be a huge step in the right direction. But at what price is Drury too high? Seeing that Gomez may get 8 mil , that puts Drury anywhere from 5.8-7+. Maybe a 5 year 30 mil deal? That's a lot imo for a guy who's not a ppg, so you hope his intangibles are worth the price (ie taking his young wingers to the next level of play). Sunday should be interesting.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Rob Blake needs to ask himself if there is anything more he can do to influence Drury's decision. IF Drury becomes a king and Blake had anything to do with it, then the Blake signing was worth it in my opinion.
I have an honest question about this. Is it considered collusion or tampering if Blake is having 'discussions' with Drury before July 1?

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
Lets Hope Dean can make this move. I really think the Kings can move from Last to first very fast.

Reporting from portugal
cloutier!

Old
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient Meat View Post
I have an honest question about this. Is it considered collusion or tampering if Blake is having 'discussions' with Drury before July 1?
I'm not certain about NHL rules but I think it's Ok for players to talk amongst each other. I just don't think Blake can offer him a contract but i really don't know. Can teams talk with any of these players before the free agency period starts, it seems like they do with so many players signing during the frenzy of the first day.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I'm not certain about NHL rules but I think it's Ok for players to talk amongst each other. I just don't think Blake can offer him a contract but i really don't know. Can teams talk with any of these players before the free agency period starts, it seems like they do with so many players signing during the frenzy of the first day.
I seem to recall Luc claiming he had discussions with Steve Duchesne while shaking hands after the Blues eliminated us in 97, so I would assume players can talk all they want. Hopefully this potential UFA recruiting turns out better than that one did.

Eshutz Escors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Goallum

I'm glad to see celebrities like Eklund stop by our lowly Kings board, and report what they learn here to the masses.

Glad to have you around, Ek! Don't be a stranger!

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient Meat View Post

I believe that starting June 26, teams were able to talk to UFAs. I could be wrong, but I remember seeing it somewhere. It makes sense to allow some days leading up to July 1 for "talks", otherwise very few deals would get done on July 1 or even the 2nd for that matter. Deals take some time to get done.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:35 PM
tomd

realistically, even with Drury and Stuart the kings are 1-2 years away from even making the playoffs. DL admitted as much based upon his select-a-seat comments last night. they are probably 2-3 years away from winning a playoff series and 4-5 years away from seriously competing for anything. Drury has a 5 year window on his career- he can go to a young very very good team in San Jose or he can come to a young fairly poor team in LA. unless he is coming he to lay on the beach during off days, why would he pick LA?

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
kingsfan25

Bob Mckenzie mentioned last night that LA is expected to make a serious bid for either Briere or Drury. This, combined with DL's SAS comments, really add legitimacy to these rumours that have been floating around for so long.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
lumbergh

I hope he signs for less than $6 million. That's still a lot of money for a second line center who has yet to put up 70 points in a season. I like his competitiveness and his willingness to sacrifice for the team. He'll be an excellent mentor for Cammalleri. I'd say 3 years, 16-17 million, although in a seller's market, that probably won't be enough.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberg View Post
I hope he signs for less than $6 million.
Replace $ with €, and you're in the ballpark.

Old
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24 View Post
Replace $ with , and you're in the ballpark.
exactly. not worth it for a 31 year old when this team is at least 3 years away from competing for anything meaningful.

Old
06-27-2007, 02:34 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
exactly. not worth it for a 31 year old when this team is at least 3 years away from competing for anything meaningful.
How are they 3 years away from competing? If they were to sign Drury and one of Stuart/Hannan then they will probably be a playoff team next season. At worst it will take one more year to become a playoff team. My prediction for now is that they finish in the "black hole" next season and they make the playoffs in 08-09. That is 2 years. A guy like Drury not only helps you win but he helps the development of all of your younger players. He brings a winning mentality that rubs off on everyone.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
How are they 3 years away from competing? If they were to sign Drury and one of Stuart/Hannan then they will probably be a playoff team next season. At worst it will take one more year to become a playoff team. My prediction for now is that they finish in the "black hole" next season and they make the playoffs in 08-09. That is 2 years. A guy like Drury not only helps you win but he helps the development of all of your younger players. He brings a winning mentality that rubs off on everyone.
they will most likely need 100 points to make the playoffs - they are not yet a 100 point team and probably won't be this year or next. let's assume, however, that they make the playoffs in 3 years as a 6-8 seed. they will most likely be eliminated in the first round. perhaps in year 4 they will be a 4-5 seed and maybe make it past the 1st round. only in year 5 (assuming Bernier is ready to compete as an elite goalie) will they be ready for realistical playoff success. this is the very typical pattern of playoff progression that teams like San Jose, Buffalo, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, [insert any other playoff team here] follows. are there exceptions? yes. should we count on being an exception? no.

Old
06-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Tadite

If Ek says Drury is going to either LA or SJ then he must be going to the Rangers....

That being said. I don't really care about Drury. Why does it matter when we still don't have a defense or a goalie? All Drury would do is give us the 7th pick instead of the 4th...

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Captain Ron

This is not directed at Osprey....but I remember reading somewhere on this site that making a thread based on a blog or referencing anything that Eklund says was not permitted. The rules could have changed since then I guess?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 03:48 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
they will most likely need 100 points to make the playoffs - they are not yet a 100 point team and probably won't be this year or next. let's assume, however, that they make the playoffs in 3 years as a 6-8 seed. they will most likely be eliminated in the first round. perhaps in year 4 they will be a 4-5 seed and maybe make it past the 1st round. only in year 5 (assuming Bernier is ready to compete as an elite goalie) will they be ready for realistical playoff success. this is the very typical pattern of playoff progression that teams like San Jose, Buffalo, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, [insert any other playoff team here] follows. are there exceptions? yes. should we count on being an exception? no.
This is exactly why DL is going for a guy who leads by example, rather than a flashy goal scorer.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
This is not directed at Osprey....but I remember reading somewhere on this site that making a thread based on a blog or referencing anything that Eklund says was not permitted. The rules could have changed since then I guess?
The rule changed like a year ago...pretty much right after it was implemented. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time with your family and friends, you would know that.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 05:21 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Bob Mckenzie mentioned last night that LA is expected to make a serious bid for either Briere or Drury. This, combined with DL's SAS comments, really add legitimacy to these rumours that have been floating around for so long.
Yup and don't forget this thread on LGK.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Yup and don't forget this thread on LGK.
... or this.

Old
06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Quattro

Quote:
I don't get that kind of thinking either. 18 months ago, would ANYBODY have considered the Ducks to be one season away from winning the Cup? And this was after they had added S. Neidermeyer. Look at Carolina the year before.

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 05:59 PM
spudboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24 View Post
... or this.
... or this

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote