HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

5-0 Usa VS Slovakia

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
5-0 Usa VS Slovakia

Any news on Halak's performance??? Was he in goal and how many shots he stopped?

Did we make a mistake not taking Parise instead of Kat? Just wondering...

Old
12-28-2003, 11:25 AM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Any news on Halak's performance??? Was he in goal and how many shots he stopped?
Yikes. Shots were 43-18 for the US. Halak saved 38. Not great, but he really got peppered.

Old
12-28-2003, 11:26 AM
habs1988

Quote:

Just wait for Kast. At the last draft, he was supposed to be in the top 5 player to be selected 1st. So, he is a great player, just wait to see him next year at the WJ.

Old
12-28-2003, 11:29 AM
kobe

Parise is a hell of a player. The NJ Devils got a steal!

Old
12-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

I wanted Parise but was also happy with Kastitsyn. Parise is a lock to be at least a great 2 way NHLer, and a great leader with the possibility of becoming a star, whereas Kastitsyn is more of a bang or bust prospect. I think both of these players have great upside but Kastitsyn's downside is much worse than Parise's downside.

Old
12-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Obviously far too early to tell...Parise struck me as a more talented version of Chris Higgins...Kastsitsyn on the other hand seems to be a "swing for the fences" type pick. Boom or bust, if you will...

Old
12-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

It's kind of funny to see the posters on this board. I mean, Zach Parise score one goal today and because of that, people think he's a better player than Kastsistyn... C'mon!!! I think we already have a Prise type of player in Higgins. We don't need another sure bet with the same type of play. And don't be scrared about the performance of Halak. He don't have the greatest defence/offence in front of him. He will be good...just wait and relax when you see a good performance by a prospect!

Old
12-28-2003, 12:21 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
It's kind of funny to see the posters on this board. I mean, Zach Parise score one goal today and because of that, people think he's a better player than Kastsistyn... C'mon!!! I think we already have a Prise type of player in Higgins. We don't need another sure bet with the same type of play. And don't be scrared about the performance of Halak. He don't have the greatest defence/offence in front of him. He will be good...just wait and relax when you see a good performance by a prospect!
parise also had a hat trick in the last game!!!!!

the isles were stupid to pick this swedish guy instead of parise and what did nj trade to move up in the draft and get parise?

Old
12-28-2003, 12:24 PM
habs1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
parise also had a hat trick in the last game!!!!!

the isles were stupid to pick this swedish guy instead of parise and what did nj trade to move up in the draft and get parise?
Maybe, but against wich team did he get these 3 goals ? Certainly not Russia !!!

Old
12-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
I finally got a picture !
:-----

Quote:
Two of Team USA's final three markers were the result of pucks bouncing the team's way. Murray was in the right place at the right time when a Slovakian clearing attempt deep in their zone ricocheted off the forechecking winger and into the back of the net. On the fifth U.S. tally, Stephen Werner batted in his own rebound from out of the air to close out the scoring.
The U.S. had a number of chances in the first frame, outshooting Slovakia 17-3 in a spirited period.

38 Saves for Halak .

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 12-28-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old
12-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan

I was very vocal on this board prior to the draft that I wanted Parise but would settle for Kastitsyn, I certainly am not some ridiculous bandwagon jumper. As for the Parise/Higgins comparison there are some similarities such as leadership, work ethic and other intangibles but as far as pure skill and talent Parise is definitely a notch above Higgins.

I don't beleive any team can have too many "winners" such as Parise and Higgins.

Old
12-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby

the isles were stupid to pick this swedish guy instead of parise
It's too early to make such a statement. Right now Nilsson looks like a phenominal young offensive talent. He's bulked up a lot over the last year and has several different gears and a full package of offensive tools.

Old
12-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Good work for Halak, speaking of young goalies. Remember the name Alexander SALAK. He made 69 saves tonight for the Czech U17 team, he is eligible in 2005. Maybe the Habs could snag him late!!

I broadcasted the game and the kid was absolutely amazing.
Unbiased Canadian

Old
12-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
whoa 69 saves ! Ket's hope his GF is around for the after-game rhwa-rhwa

Old
12-29-2003, 04:40 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
It's too early to make such a statement. Right now Nilsson looks like a phenominal young offensive talent. He's bulked up a lot over the last year and has several different gears and a full package of offensive tools.
Yeah, I agree. Nilsson was a steal for the Isles too. I wanted Parise at the draft, Nilsson was actually my second choice, then Kastsitsyn. All three are excellent prospects.

Old
12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
David

Quote:
I've been saying for a couple of years now that any GM not selecting Parise will have him come back to haunt them over and over again...I think that it's just starting...

Old
12-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Asgalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Yeah, I agree. Nilsson was a steal for the Isles too. I wanted Parise at the draft, Nilsson was actually my second choice, then Kastsitsyn. All three are excellent prospects.

exactly same ranking for me.

- Parise
- Nilsson
- AK-47

... Parise was the sure bet (1 or 2nd liner).. load of upside, grit and talent (skills) with a very low downside..but the other 2 can be better or worst. It was a huge bet. Now that we took it, we will know if it will pays off sooner than later...lets just wait a few years.

NJ made the real steal since they got Parise in 19th draft pick. but Nilsson and even Kastsitsyn are steals at the rank they were picked.

Old
12-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Maithz

vCash:
It's not Kotsitsyn who is potential was approximatively the same as Gaborik ?

For me AK is the best prospect we could draft at 10th overall

Old
12-29-2003, 06:05 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I've been saying for a couple of years now that any GM not selecting Parise will have him come back to haunt them over and over again...I think that it's just starting...
Come on guys.

I know it's fun sometimes to speculate, but don't you think we should at least wait until each of them plays at least a full NHL season before we conclude how many GMs made a mistake? What's done is done, so let's just support the guy we got.

Closed Thread