HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Allison?

Old
06-30-2007, 01:02 PM
RangersMoogle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
What SML said, he's got skills, but he wouldn't want to be in a third line role, probably not even on the second line. Bad chemistry all around. Pass.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

If it comes down to signing Allison--most likely because plan A, plan B, plan C and plan D didn't work out--might as well play Immonen. He's faster than Allison.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 10:51 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Where is Callahan?

Where is Hossa?

Prucha and Shanny showed zero chemistry last season....Next year could be diffrent but is that something you would want to see again?

Hasn't the square peg in the round hole philosphy been proven to fail here? Hasn't the need for youth been proven to you yet?

Allison has no business on this roster....Would he really be that much of an upgrade over Dubinsky?
swallow a big fat chill pill there SOS

I can do without Hossa in the line-up, but you are right, Callahan needs to be in this line up but I fail to see the square peg?

Prucha and Shanny showed no chemistry because they have no playmaking center to get them the puck, if they are all out there trying to do something they shouldn't be doing, it's going to screw them up. Get them a playmaker and limit their responsibilities and I'm sure the points will come.

And right now, without question he'd be an upgrade over Brandon, who's not ready for full time NHL duty.

for 1 year to bridge the gap between opening night and when a kid is ready and still very very young having Allison for 1 year on the cheap is not a horrible idea.

As for the speed issue, Immonen's problem wasn't just that he wasn't fast enough, he wasn't good enough. Allison may not be a fast player, but he miles ahead of Jarkko in terms of his playmaking abilities. He's played well enough throughout his career to keep up in the NHL I doubt that his speed is an issue.

For those of you with charachter questions, how would you approach your next job in the NHL if NO ONE wanted to sign you for a full season for some questionable behavior? I HIGHLY doubt he's a head case for any team that signed him and I truly expect a 60-70+ point out of Jason.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote