HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yablonski to get his shot..

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 08:04 PM
STEELHEADSFAN

vCash: 500
Yablonski to get his shot..

Yabber will be dressed for the game tomorrow versus Philly! Let's see him show his stuff! Two words....Donald who?

Old
12-29-2003, 09:00 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELHEADSFAN
Yabber will be dressed for the game tomorrow versus Philly! Let's see him show his stuff! Two words....Donald who?
Kick ass Yabo!!!!! he was the Physical star of camp.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:25 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Are you sure Yablonski has been recalled? I don't think so.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:09 AM
STEELHEADSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Are you sure Yablonski has been recalled? I don't think so.
Came straight from his mouth. He has to get there and sign contract this a.m.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:21 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
I find it hard to believe... but we'll see....

Old
12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
I find it hard to believe... but we'll see....
Why would it be hard to believe. Look at Philly's lineup, they dress both Brashear and Fedoruk and they both play. The Blues may figure they need a bit more muscle for tonight. Just sit Martins or Mayers to make room.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Why would we need him and mclaren. Unless something happened to mclaren in that fight last night. Otherwise him and yabo in the lineup together might hurt our chances of winning.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:49 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Why would we need him and mclaren. Unless something happened to mclaren in that fight last night. Otherwise him and yabo in the lineup together might hurt our chances of winning.
I was just throwing it out there that Philly has a very tough lineup. Fighting is up around the NHL and Maybe Q figures McLAren cant battle both of those guys all night by himself.

Also if you were at camp and saw Yablonski (Maybe you were) this kid can Fight. If we dress both he and McLaren. we will have no problem maching Philly physically.

Adressing your other point it will require Q to juggle lines more but that shouldnt be a problem.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:02 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp

Also if you were at camp and saw Yablonski (Maybe you were) this kid can Fight. If we dress both he and McLaren. we will have no problem maching Philly physically.

Adressing your other point it will require Q to juggle lines more but that shouldnt be a problem.

I was at camp every day. And watched yabo. He actually played well in camp. But if Philly suits up 2 fighters, we should try and take advantage of that. If we suit up 2 fighters , we would be playing their game, not ours. I could be wrong, and i can see where it might be necessary. But if we throw johnson or divis in net, dress 2 fighters, while missing jackman, demitra, cajanek, boguniecki. We would really have to play a completely solid game and outwork them tremendously. I would rather dress 1 fighter and a work horse like martins.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:12 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I was at camp every day. And watched yabo. He actually played well in camp. But if Philly suits up 2 fighters, we should try and take advantage of that. If we suit up 2 fighters , we would be playing their game, not ours. I could be wrong, and i can see where it might be necessary. But if we throw johnson or divis in net, dress 2 fighters, while missing jackman, demitra, cajanek, boguniecki. We would really have to play a completely solid game and outwork them tremendously. I would rather dress 1 fighter and a work horse like martins.
Topshelf, I was just at the Bluess site and they had the lieups up for tonight. Niether Yablonski or McLaren was listed, but they left room for one player and McLaren was listed as being o injured reserve.

That makes me think that If Yablonski gets here and signs his contract he will be in the lineup because it would be equally crazy to dress no toughness vs Philly. Brashear would go crazy.

Also Steelheads fan know Yablonski and that makes me believe he is going to play providing he doesnt have to clear waivers like McLaren did when he came up.

Kick Brash's ass Yabber.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:00 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Just a side note from the Philly side-

Fedoruk still has a steel plate in his face from the fight he had with Eric Cairns. He hasn't fought since his return and I believe he's being encouraged to stay away from any fisticuffs for a while.

Also c-carp, if you're that worried about the Flyers being overly physical then you haven't watched too many Flyers games this year. Hitchcock doesn't know how to use whatever muscle he does have, Brashear has been in Hitch's doghouse, Fedoruk's still hurt, Vandermeer got sent down, and Primeau hasn't done anything more than paw at other guys all year.

Let's just hope for at least one good McLaren or Yablonski VS Brashear fight, and leave it at that.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:50 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Derrick Goold says:

Yabo in.

McLaren out... hand injury.

Johnson starting.

Divis backing up.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Frenzy1

McClaren messed up his wrist in the fight last night against Shelly. It was a decent fight, I gave the win to McClaren.

D. Gould at StLtoday said Yablonski will be in the line up tonight. This may be his one chance to prove me wrong, but IMO, he adds less to the lineup then McClaren and Low. There is a reason he has spent a good bit of the year w/ in the ECHL.

Old
12-30-2003, 12:27 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
Just a side note from the Philly side-

Fedoruk still has a steel plate in his face from the fight he had with Eric Cairns. He hasn't fought since his return and I believe he's being encouraged to stay away from any fisticuffs for a while.

Also c-carp, if you're that worried about the Flyers being overly physical then you haven't watched too many Flyers games this year. Hitchcock doesn't know how to use whatever muscle he does have, Brashear has been in Hitch's doghouse, Fedoruk's still hurt, Vandermeer got sent down, and Primeau hasn't done anything more than paw at other guys all year.

Let's just hope for at least one good McLaren or Yablonski VS Brashear fight, and leave it at that.
Lets hope Brash and Yabo drop em because he is going to be in the lineup. Too bad a bout Fridge I like that kid. I didnt know he got hurt that bad in his fight with Cairns.

Old
12-30-2003, 12:29 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
McClaren messed up his wrist in the fight last night against Shelly. It was a decent fight, I gave the win to McClaren.

D. Gould at StLtoday said Yablonski will be in the line up tonight. This may be his one chance to prove me wrong, but IMO, he adds less to the lineup then McClaren and Low. There is a reason he has spent a good bit of the year w/ in the ECHL.
Too Bad "Stone Cold" got hurt he was doing a good job with the chance he was given. I was hoping both he and Yablonski would play.

Old
12-30-2003, 12:36 PM

Yabo is busted up pretty bad...he gets into a fight it may not be pretty.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:30 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Whats wrong with him 210? If he isnt healthy we definatly need to wait to give him his chance because Brashear will be a handfull.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:32 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Thanks for the scoop Steelheadsfan. You were 100 percent right.

I saw Yablonski this season in Hartford and an exhibition game in Bridgeport. He is the best fighter I've seen in a long time. If he's healthy tonite he'll deck Brashear.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:46 PM
STEELHEADSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Yeah 210....what is up?

Old
12-30-2003, 03:18 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Thanks for the scoop Steelheadsfan. You were 100 percent right.

I saw Yablonski this season in Hartford and an exhibition game in Bridgeport. He is the best fighter I've seen in a long time. If he's healthy tonite he'll deck Brashear.
A) the chances of Brash fighting him are slim to none. Brashear doesn't generally give the young guns a chance like most enforcers do, which is one of the knocks on him

B) As much as I hate they guy, even with the impressive footage I have seen of Yab (though not that much), I just can't see the guy coming into the league and beating Brash in his first NHL fight. Brash hasn't lost in over 3 years.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Avery4Byng*

Wow he is sure trying to get Brashear to go.... shows what kind of idiot brashear is.... if that was domi, tie would give the kid a chance.

good to see Yablosnki in the show. hard working kid. good story to hear.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:48 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Wow he is sure trying to get Brashear to go.... shows what kind of idiot brashear is.... if that was domi, tie would give the kid a chance.

good to see Yablosnki in the show. hard working kid. good story to hear.
I'll agree with the Brash part, but Domi is as guilty of that kind of stuff now adays as Donald is.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:16 PM
blah

What's up w/ Yabo's face? Looks like he gave somebody holding a bat a fair one.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
What's up w/ Yabo's face? Looks like he gave somebody holding a bat a fair one.
Lot's of fights in a short time...which is what I refering too.

Even when you win odds are you're still gunna get hit.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:31 PM
STEELHEADSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Lot's of fights in a short time...which is what I refering too.

Even when you win odds are you're still gunna get hit.
True dat!

Closed Thread