HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bench Khavanov now

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2003, 05:17 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Bench Khavanov now

For what seemed like the 1 millionth time in his short career he turned the puck over in his own zone and the Wings won the game. This play happened because like always he didnt want to take a hit and I am Sick of it.

He shouldnt be in the lineup at all much less playing close to 20 ****ing minutes a night. I dont care how often Kelly Chase or anyone else says he isnt that bad. Get him out of the lineup now.

Also before someone comes here and says the Blues were shorthanded and uses that as an excuse. Yes they were shorthanded and they did play a good game but when you are shorthanded you have to minimise your mistakes more and Khavanov is a mistake on skates. This **** has got to stop.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:25 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
For what seemed like the 1 millionth time in his short career he turned the puck over in his own zone and the Wings won the game. This play happened because like always he didnt want to take a hit and I am Sick of it.

He shouldnt be in the lineup at all much less playing close to 20 ****ing minutes a night. I dont care how often Kelly Chase or anyone else says he isnt that bad. Get him out of the lineup now.

Also before someone comes here and says the Blues were shorthanded and uses that as an excuse. Yes they were shorthanded and they did play a good game but when you are shorthanded you have to minimise your mistakes more and Khavanov is a mistake on skates. This **** has got to stop.
Should we bench mellanby for turning over the puck on the powerplay at the point leading to the SH goal? All I gotta say is, when in the heck is jackman gonna be back. Weight is now hurt with a pulled groin, as he didnt play in the 3rd. And apparently bogi made the trip. So he must be close. This team may need a shot in the arm from someone to rebound from this. Whats sad is in everygame we have played against the wings this season, it could have gone either way. Hopefully we can snatch the last 2 in the series.

Last edited by topshelf331: 12-22-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old
12-22-2003, 08:16 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Should we bench mellanby for turning over the puck on the powerplay at the point leading to the SH goal? All I gotta say is, when in the heck is jackman gonna be back. Weight is now hurt with a pulled groin, as he didnt play in the 3rd. And apparently bogi made the trip. So he must be close. This team may need a shot in the arm from someone to rebound from this. Whats sad is in everygame we have played against the wings this season, it could have gone either way. Hopefully we can snatch the last 2 in the series.
Good point about Mellanby's turnover. My answer to that would be no because he doesnt kill you with vertually the samw mistakes every game. (Note I am not saying every Khavanov turnover results in a goal because that would be stupid) However a good majority of the time he turns the puck over it is simply because he had a player bearing down on him and he didnt want to take a hit and it has gone well past the unnaceptable point for me. I can live with a mistake by a guy like Mellanby who gives you 110% every night because all players make mistakes. Laflamme would play against the Hawks tommorow if it was up to me.

Old
12-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
No, Mellanby would not be benched because his giveaways have not been habitual. Khavanov can't play defense at the NHL level, plain and simple. Make him a wing if you want, cause that seems to be what he wants to do. Does anyone think that we can get Parrish for him?

Old
12-23-2003, 01:49 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski
No, Mellanby would not be benched because his giveaways have not been habitual. Khavanov can't play defense at the NHL level, plain and simple. Make him a wing if you want, cause that seems to be what he wants to do. Does anyone think that we can get Parrish for him?
I settle for a Mayers type grinder, because Mayers is playing like **** also or a draft pick.

Old
12-29-2003, 03:00 PM
dats-13

datsyuk tends to embarrass those who suck-khavanov
and those who can play-turco,denis,luongo,fernandez,etc...

Old
12-29-2003, 05:06 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
datsyuk tends to embarrass those who suck-khavanov
and those who can play-turco,denis,luongo,fernandez,etc...
That wasnt my point I meant no disrespect to Datsyuk, he is a great young player. My point was that the whole giveaway was cause by the same old problem with Khavanov, he will not take a hit he will just try and throw the puck away blindly.

Old
12-29-2003, 06:00 PM
dats-13

no disrespect taken...kind of unlucky for st louis that the puck was given right to datsyuk, instead of a player like deveraux
(the wings were buzzing on that shift, i said to my friend that they will score soon)

Old
01-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Adding to the "Khavanov Appreciation Thread"....

Notice on the final Sharks goal last night, Khavanov dove toward the puck to stop the shot on goal (or whatever it was he thought was about to happen)...thereby leaving Todd Harvey all alone in the spot Khavanov had just been. Harvey took the pass that went through the very spot Khavanov had been smartly positioned at and slammed it home into the empty side of the net.

Thanks again, Sasha!

01-04-2004, 11:24 AM
topshelf331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Adding to the "Khavanov Appreciation Thread"....

Notice on the final Sharks goal last night, Khavanov dove toward the puck to stop the shot on goal (or whatever it was he thought was about to happen)...thereby leaving Todd Harvey all alone in the spot Khavanov had just been. Harvey took the pass that went through the very spot Khavanov had been smartly positioned at and slammed it home into the empty side of the net.

Thanks again, Sasha!

I thought it might have been that salvador fell down.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:18 PM
topshelf331

SJ played great defense last night, and outworked us, and you have to give them credit for that. But they didnt necessarily outplay us. The thing that upset me most, was the fact that was the first game where i saw the blues completely give up. IF we were down by 3,4,or 5 goals with 2 minutes to go, i could see it. But this is the first time ive seen them give up down by 2. They pretty much layed down after that 3rd goal.

Closed Thread