HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Flyers/Stars: 9 broken Synergy sticks

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Flyers/Stars: 9 broken Synergy sticks

I hate hate hate the Synergy sticks. Tonight, I got to see nine get broken. Arnott had two snap on one shift. His shift was spent doing laps back to the bench while his teammates were setting up the game tying goal by Turgeon.

These pieces of crap really have to go. So many scoring chances are lost because these sticks break so often. I'm not a fan.

Old
12-29-2003, 08:32 PM
BCCHL inactive

Sure they're all Synergy? I've heard that most one-piece graphites (Synergy, Vector, M1, you name it) have a habit of breaking easily.

Apparently, Graf's one-piece is a tough stick to break. Maybe more NHLers should use them.

Old
12-29-2003, 08:49 PM
190Octane

All sticks break. Besides, how do you know they weren't two piece sticks that broke?

Old
12-29-2003, 10:51 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure
I hate hate hate the Synergy sticks. Tonight, I got to see nine get broken. Arnott had two snap on one shift. His shift was spent doing laps back to the bench while his teammates were setting up the game tying goal by Turgeon.

These pieces of crap really have to go. So many scoring chances are lost because these sticks break so often. I'm not a fan.

They're easily the best stick ever made.They weigh one pound and are durable.They improve everyone's shot immensly.Brodeur said those sticks should be outlawed because of how fast the puck comes at them now.(Per THN 2001-2002 Yearbook)

Old
12-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

While it's easy to criticize these sticks when they break because that's so obvious and visual, you might never know if a goal scored off a synergy (or similar style) stick might have gotten stopped by the goalie if the player firing it didn't get some extra speed or action from their stick.

Old
12-29-2003, 11:02 PM
chris_dub
Avoid Catalina...

Send a message via MSN to chris_dub
Quote:

Is your name Pierre Mcguire by any chance?

Old
12-30-2003, 03:46 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dub
Is your name Pierre Mcguire by any chance?
Damn you beat me to it... :p

Old
12-30-2003, 03:49 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Sure they're all Synergy? I've heard that most one-piece graphites (Synergy, Vector, M1, you name it) have a habit of breaking easily.

Apparently, Graf's one-piece is a tough stick to break. Maybe more NHLers should use them.

Robert Lang was using the Graf Laser earlier this year. Fairly durable, but not much "feel" IMO. In reality, any stick made of a composite material, OPS or not, is going to be a prime candidate for breaking at any level. All it takes is one good slash and the stick is toast. I've had it happen to me at a moderate level roller hockey.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:50 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:

Well, I understand the frustration over durability, but there's no denying the stick's performance. Just ask Peter Forsberg.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:00 AM
Looger

was it the third straight shutout victory of the ducks over the wild, where (i think) park was at the side of the net and his one-piece broke into nine pieces, as he was aboot to tie the game?

if the players get frustrated enough, they will switch back on their own. i've seen some quality chances disappear because of them, but also some lasers slip past goalies that were _just_ too fast.

also at a minny game in calgary i laughed my a$$ off when wes walz broke his, and had three or four thrown at him from the bench - he missed them all... probably made funnier by the fact i was sitting with a cousin of his!

Old
12-30-2003, 07:19 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Damn you beat me to it... :p
Grrrrrr, me too. Thief. :mad:

Old
12-30-2003, 07:34 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
It's player preference really. If they want to trade durability for some extra shot power, it's up to them. Not all goal scorers like the new one-piece composites. Just ask Markus Naslund. Despite advertising for Nike and using all Nike equipment, he asked Nike to make a wooden stick especially for him...and Nike's biggest seller is a one-piece composite.
Once they think it hampers their performance on ice, the players will find something else. Maybe they shouldn't slam their sticks in frustration. Or maybe the team will stop buying them their sticks because it costs too much.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:59 AM
190Octane

I just wanted to add that one reason why there were so many broken sticks is that Modano was trying out a new Easton stick called the Stealth.. needless to say it has durability issues.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Grrrrrr, me too. Thief. :mad:
And I as well!

Old
12-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Fedz

Quote:
So many scoring chances are lost because these sticks break so often. I'm not a fan.
But on the other hand, so many scoring chances are created because of their velocity, flex, and superiority. Players will never change back to wood sticks, live with it.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:02 AM
DJ Spinoza

I don't know what kind of stick Koltsov uses, but he goes through about 50 in one month.

Closed Thread