Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Really Need To Sign One of These Guys

Old
07-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Stars-Preds

vCash: 500
Really Need To Sign One of These Guys

Vyacheslav Kozlov (28 goals, 80 points in 81 GP)
Dainius Zubrus (24 goals, 60 points in 79 GP)

... we badly need to sign one of these two. otherwise we are going to get stuck with the names like bertuzzi, lang, or nolan (or worse roenick, friesen, or carter). i really thought we would bring in a guy like jason blake or paul kariya.

the only other option i can think of is signing a defenseman or a backup goalie and placing boucher or mike smith on the trade block for a top-6 forward.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 01:53 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Yup. If both of those guys go off the board, then people can start getting agitated.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 02:18 AM
stars13*

tier II free agents

hey stars fans maybe we could bring kozlov who would fit well with mo because he's crafty and maybe a fan favorite like guerin for cheap, he did play well with morrow and if ribiero gets signed he could dish it off. we got a good core and the window is open for a couple more years.

stars13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 05:31 AM
Simon12*

Jason Blake would have been perfect, I hate to see him play for Leafs. Kozlov and Zubrus don't fit in Dallas roster...

Simon12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Jason Blake would have been perfect, I hate to see him play for Leafs. Kozlov and Zubrus don't fit in Dallas roster...
well i think they'd fit more than Blake...

btw, does someone else think Boucher's value went up through some roofs again yesterday ?

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Sixxleaf

I'm not sold on Zubrus as a good fit for the stars, Kozlov though could be effective only on a short term deal though

Sixxleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 08:50 AM
dallas stars 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars-Preds View Post
Vyacheslav Kozlov (28 goals, 80 points in 81 GP)
Dainius Zubrus (24 goals, 60 points in 79 GP)

... we badly need to sign one of these two. otherwise we are going to get stuck with the names like bertuzzi, lang, or nolan (or worse roenick, friesen, or carter). i really thought we would bring in a guy like jason blake or paul kariya.

the only other option i can think of is signing a defenseman or a backup goalie and placing boucher or mike smith on the trade block for a top-6 forward.
I can't believe the Stars sat idle while all the teams around them in the western conference got stronger. I don't believe Kozlov or Zubrus is right for our team. Kozlov is 35 years old and his best days are behind him. Zubrus wants a 3 yr 15 million that is alot of money. Also look who these players played with last year, Alex O and Kovalchuk. I think a contract with Bertuzzi is our only option, if not it will be a first round exit again. If we even make the playoffs.

dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Pillard32

Would love to see Zubrus in a Stars uniform.

Pillard32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Dr GLU

The Stars will be a playoff team, and they don't have to sign anyone. Morrow and Modano being healthy for most of the season will improve the offense some, and the D won't be any worse. Only two teams in the West really improved themselves (STL and Colorado), and I don't know if it'll be enough to get either over the hump (Colorado's D and goaltending are still shaky, STL's talent level is still on the low end pretty much across the board). Anaheim's D will likely be downgraded if Niedermayer retires, and Detroit won't have Schneider's scoring punch from the back end anymore, which may sting a little bit even though I think Rafalski's better all-around.

The Stars have got a Top 4 D signed that can score and defend at $2.5 million. With guys like Sarich getting $4 million, there isn't a better bargain out there. Hell, even Norstrom at $4.25 million is a bit of a bargain now. Both are assets that could get something better back than one of the FAs if a team panics.

Dr GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
TrueGrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxleaf View Post
I'm not sold on Zubrus as a good fit for the stars, Kozlov though could be effective only on a short term deal though
Completely Agreed

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:41 AM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLU View Post
The Stars will be a playoff team, and they don't have to sign anyone. Morrow and Modano being healthy for most of the season will improve the offense some, and the D won't be any worse. Only two teams in the West really improved themselves (STL and Colorado), and I don't know if it'll be enough to get either over the hump (Colorado's D and goaltending are still shaky, STL's talent level is still on the low end pretty much across the board). Anaheim's D will likely be downgraded if Niedermayer retires, and Detroit won't have Schneider's scoring punch from the back end anymore, which may sting a little bit even though I think Rafalski's better all-around.

The Stars have got a Top 4 D signed that can score and defend at $2.5 million. With guys like Sarich getting $4 million, there isn't a better bargain out there. Hell, even Norstrom at $4.25 million is a bit of a bargain now. Both are assets that could get something better back than one of the FAs if a team panics.

I completely agree. There are a couple FAs on the board that i wouldnt mind seeing in a Dallas Stars uniform, but only if they can be had for cheap(Bertuzzi, and maybe Zubrus). I would look to improve the team through some trades(assuming Armstrong can break his habit of getting fleeced of draft picks) at this point, not an overpayment through free agency.

OttMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Starsdude

Would not suprise me at all to see Nagy or/and Lindros back if cheap enough

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
GetPucksDeep

Rumors on some other Atlanta boards say Slava Kozlov is going to the Stars.

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Starsdude

Lites bro is slava agent's. Slava at 3-4 for 2 yrs would be great IMO

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Pillard32

Eklund has us posted as being interested in Souray.

Quote:
Souray to NYR (e3), Dallas (e3)
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8405

Why in the world would we want Souray? Trading Boucher possibly?

Pillard32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post
Lites bro is slava agent's. Slava at 3-4 for 2 yrs would be great IMO
Agreed. Seeing Kozlov and Zubie out on the same power play would be pretty sweet

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Alistar

yeah Im going to be really sweating it about St. Louis passing us in the standings next year =p please.
Dallas will make the playoffs so long as they finish ahead of both Phoenix and Los Angeles next year. Its a simple as that, and nothing any team in another division does will change that. Its still going to be Detroit - Nashville (assuming they dont dump any more salary) - Dallas - Anaheim - San Jose - 3 teams from the NW. Kozlov will be an excellent addition to the team if he does come through, and I hope we keep Boucher and leave Souray alone. Looking at what scrubs like Hannan and Sarich are getting Id just as soon keep our very underpayed (for their talent level) defensive core togather.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
dallas stars 1999

I just don't understand Dallas at all. Now Zubrus is a Devil. When is DA going get off his --- and sign a goal scorer. Who left after Kozlov? I guess we will have to settle for Yashin, Allison, or Lindros. Everyone else is gone. I realize the price is high for these players, but last years team couldn't get it done, and this team is going to be no better unless we sign Kozlov. If I was Modano or Morrow I would request a trade to a team that is commited to win the cup now! I have been a Stars fan for 27 years so I have seen it all.

dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
I just don't understand Dallas at all. Now Zubrus is a Devil. When is DA going get off his --- and sign a goal scorer. Who left after Kozlov? I guess we will have to settle for Yashin, Allison, or Lindros. Everyone else is gone. I realize the price is high for these players, but last years team couldn't get it done, and this team is going to be no better unless we sign Kozlov. If I was Modano or Morrow I would request a trade to a team that is commited to win the cup now! I have been a Stars fan for 27 years so I have seen it all.
Modano has his Cup ring, and wants to remain in Dallas. As for Morrow, well, I'm sure he likes it here just fine too.

Word on the street is Dallas are now the frontrunners for Kozlov, barring any surprise bids I'm thinking we'll sign him.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
michael117

I'm thinking that Stars are going for a 1-2 year contract while Kozlov is maybe wanting 4 year or something stable to finish off his career with a higher salary than the Stars are willing to pay. I am only hoping that Armstrong at this point is trying to pull off a big (or at least somewhat big) trade with a team like Nashville who was wanting to unload some cap money. I still don't understand why take this route with Kozlov when we need a BIG goalscorer or at least a few decent ones to make up for the fact that it cost us the first round win even with three shutouts by Turco. I'm still shaking my head at that one.

michael117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 07:46 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
Rumors on some other Atlanta boards say Slava Kozlov is going to the Stars.
G.R. (great writer out of Florida) says Kozlov to Dal. he's hearing. Upwards of 5 mil./don't know what the term would be (4 years?).

CanadianPantherFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
G.R. (great writer out of Florida) says Kozlov to Dal. he's hearing. Upwards of 5 mil./don't know what the term would be (4 years?).
well...unless i really see this announcend i won't believe Armstrong is that stupid.

he'd embarrass himself to everyone after talking 3 straight days to the media about this "UFA-insanity" and about he won't do this

(unless it's only a one-year deal, then the 5 milion could make sense)

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Do we even have the money to give him 5 million a year?

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:57 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Do we even have the money to give him 5 million a year?
we should, assuming jokinen and ribiero dont break the bank. Id do a one year deal for him at higher dollars.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Dr GLU

If he get $5 million, it's in the first year of a front-loaded deal.

Dr GLU is offline   Reply With Quote