HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 06:05 AM
coyote

vCash: 500
Laraque

In Ireland's article the big guy said that if there is fighting to be done he will do it. I for one think he has done it and will continue to do it if the need arises. I noticed against Calgary whenever Oliwa came on Laraque was pulled off so that is not his fault. I know that if he was sent out against Oliwa he would know what had to be done and he would have got the job done. So let's not get on the big guys behind for something he has no control over.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:23 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
In Ireland's article the big guy said that if there is fighting to be done he will do it. I for one think he has done it and will continue to do it if the need arises. I noticed against Calgary whenever Oliwa came on Laraque was pulled off so that is not his fault. I know that if he was sent out against Oliwa he would know what had to be done and he would have got the job done. So let's not get on the big guys behind for something he has no control over.
I think Oiler fans are just sick of his play.....or lack there of on most nights.

Every season I pray he shows up looking like a hockey player instead of a linebacker. He's just too big and cumbersome. His moves are so telegraphed and he's SO inconsistant.

He has the attention span of a house cat.

He doesn't aggitate, but rather usually ends up in those scripted bouts.

It's like he's clueless about when his team needs him to go out there and pummel someone. Sean Brown had good timing in this department. BG hasn't a clue most nights.

Still hasn't scored. One of what 6(?) forwards in the ENTIRE league with over 30 games that still hasn't scored this season? (I'm not positive about this stat.....but it's along these lines)

Worth the money? Not a chance.

Last edited by gretzky2kurri: 12-30-2003 at 06:54 AM.
Old
12-30-2003, 06:53 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Fighting in the NHL is about intimidation. Georges doesn't intimidate anybody because he stops the fight as soon as his opponent goes down. Georges wins another one on points, nobody is hurt and he is completely useless as an enforcer. If he is useless as an enforcer he is not good enough to play in the NHL.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I think Oiler fans are just sick of his play.....or lack there of on most nights.

Every season I pray he shows up looking like a hockey player instead of a linebacker. He's just too big and cumbersome. His moves are so telegraphed and he's SO inconsistant.

He has the attention span of a house cat.

He doesn't aggitate, but rather usually ends up in those scripted bouts.

It's like he's clueless about when his team needs him to go out there and pummel someone. Sean Brown had good timing in this department. BG hasn't a clue most nights.

Still hasn't scored. One of what 6(?) forwards in the ENTIRE league with over 30 games that still hasn't scored this season? (I'm not positive about this stat.....but it's along these lines)

Worth the money? Not a chance.
Another point: He's most effective cycling on the boards and to be quite honest, he's hasn't dominated this year. Against Cgy on Sunday, the Flames d-men neutralized him on the boards like he was Shawn Horcoff. In past years when his line was on, they would spend lots of time in the opposing zone cycling and eventually creating a scoring chance. Haven't seen that at all this year.

It's really too bad. If we could have the "Dallas-playing-in-the-playoffs" Georges Laraque, he'd be worth every penny.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Shizuka

Good points, by everyone. Having a chump like Cooke come up and challenge you (allegedly one of, if not the toughest fighter in the NHL) speaks volumes about your intimidation factor, or lack thereof. I just can't see Cooke doing the same with Brashear, or Parker, or even some of the light heavyweights.

Georges' effectiveness is long gone, and he has not shown the will to dominate low anymore. He seems to be getting pushed off the puck much more easily than in previous seasons. Call it lack of confidence, lack of desire, whatever...it still comes down to the fact that he has not earned his keep this year.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:57 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka
Good points, by everyone. Having a chump like Cooke come up and challenge you (allegedly one of, if not the toughest fighter in the NHL) speaks volumes about your intimidation factor, or lack thereof. I just can't see Cooke doing the same with Brashear, or Parker, or even some of the light heavyweights.

Georges' effectiveness is long gone, and he has not shown the will to dominate low anymore. He seems to be getting pushed off the puck much more easily than in previous seasons. Call it lack of confidence, lack of desire, whatever...it still comes down to the fact that he has not earned his keep this year.
LOL... Cooke challenged Laraque through 4 of his team mates and 2 linesmen...

And yeah, he has done that before.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:08 AM
metallicat

I will feel sorry for Georges if he gets traded...I know he loved it here and only wants to be an Oiler, but he is getting himself into some hot water. Fancy board work is great and all, but only if it produces offensive results...and it hasn't done that this year.

Closed Thread