HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Forsberg

Old
07-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
source?
The only place I've seen it mentioned was in Aftonbladet which is hardly a reputable newspaper.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
sam12

I know from a reliable source that if he is healthy, he will play in the NHL. Also, you think any line with Forsberg is the third line?

sam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Tact

Vancouver would have more than enough to sign Forsberg.

Right now we have about $3.5M-$3.8M to spend on another forward. And there is always trading Morrison to either New Jersey or Washington since they need centers to get a RW'er for $3.2M.

-Philly signing Briere means that they don't want Forsberg.
-Everyone has left Nashville and I doubt he will re-sign there.
-Avalanche already have enough offence and centermen and I think they want to spend their money on another defencemen

Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
ESY16

Send a message via MSN to ESY16
Quote:
source?
Who allowed your parents to procreate?

You already make this post and someone answered. He didn't give a hard source but was correct in stating that Forsberg has stated that he only wants to play for one of the teams he has already played for. If you don't choose to believe him fine, but stop being an idiot. You know, we are on this wonderful thing call the internet that allows us to search for ourselves for specific things. Seriously, l2internet.

Anyway, here is a blog post from Adrian Dater that says the same thing that has already been said. And while some people may doubt the credibility of Aftonbladet, you can't argue that Dater is respected and has sources. Here is what he said:

"He is saying that, while he wonít decide ANYTHING until July, when he can become an unrestricted free agent, he isnít likely to want to play for anybody other than the three teams heís played for in his NHL career. Those teams, of course, are Colorado, Philadelphia and Nashville."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2007...orsberg-today/

Not definitive proof, but good enough for me (along with interviews Foppa has done) and if you want more find it yourself.

ESY16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Raggamuffin

Forsberg has not ruled out any clubs in the NHL at all.

- I have no time schedule. If I feel healthy I hope to find a team that wants me, says Peter Forsberg.
If I play it will be in the NHL or Modo

Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Peter Griffin

So basically Forsberg hasn't decided on anything. That's what I thought.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESY16 View Post
Who allowed your parents to procreate?

You already make this post and someone answered. He didn't give a hard source but was correct in stating that Forsberg has stated that he only wants to play for one of the teams he has already played for. If you don't choose to believe him fine, but stop being an idiot. You know, we are on this wonderful thing call the internet that allows us to search for ourselves for specific things. Seriously, l2internet.

Anyway, here is a blog post from Adrian Dater that says the same thing that has already been said. And while some people may doubt the credibility of Aftonbladet, you can't argue that Dater is respected and has sources. Here is what he said:

"He is saying that, while he wonít decide ANYTHING until July, when he can become an unrestricted free agent, he isnít likely to want to play for anybody other than the three teams heís played for in his NHL career. Those teams, of course, are Colorado, Philadelphia and Nashville."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2007...orsberg-today/

Not definitive proof, but good enough for me (along with interviews Foppa has done) and if you want more find it yourself.
Still no source for these rumoured comments.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Still no source for these rumoured comments.
Whatever dude. If you don't believe then don't.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Tact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Whatever dude. If you don't believe then don't.
I won't.

DENVER POST: Adrian Dater reports Colorado Avalanche GM Francois Giguere hinted that the possibility of bringing back Peter Forsberg may not happen, citing a desire not to alter the team chemistry much more from its current makeup. Giguere also won't re-sign UFA blueliner Ossi Vaananen.

Spector's Note: I just don't the sense from Giguere that he's keen to bring back Forsberg if he's healthy enough to play next season. We'll see what happens as the summer progresses but I just don't believe Forsberg will return to the Avs.

Scratch the previous three teams that Forsberg used to play for then. Colorado, Philadelphia and Nashville are off his list.

Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Junius

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Yeah, because you also know that Ryan Smyth would never sign with a rival of his lifelong team..... right? Forsberg has stated that he has always wanted to play on a team with Naslund, and Naslund likewise. The Canucks with Forsberg would probably become a top-5 contender for the cup, and with this likely being Naslund's last year in the NHL, it would make perfect sense for Forsberg to sign in Vancouver.
It is certainly a strong possibility. The Canucks pushed hard for him at the trading deadline but were not prepared to match Nashville's offer (no kidding!).

He would fit in right beside Naslund on the second line. Perhaps the Canucks would move Kesler up to wing and Mo into the 3rd line center spot.

Vancouver makes as much sense as anywhere for him now. Question is price.

Junius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
LogiquePaR4dOcKs

Man, I guess I must have dreamt it but until I saw this thread I thought Forsberg had already signed with the Flyers and there was a thread about it on here. If he ends up in Philly I'll definitely take all the credit for predicting it.

LogiquePaR4dOcKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
fogducker

Scratch off the Avalanche

Quote:
Giguere hinted that another big-name free-agent signing may not happen - which would answer the question of whether Peter Forsberg will be brought back. Giguere said he did not want to alter the team chemistry and lineup much more from its current makeup, citing the team's 15-2-2 late-season run and the additions of two star players.

Forsberg, still unsigned, had surgery last week on his right ankle and plans to test it within the next week on skates. If it doesn't feel good, retirement is a possibility.

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
What FG says means nothing right now...if Peter is healthy and the AVs still have the cap space, he will be an Av. There is no team chemistry to ruin when the season has yet to begin and the additions of big time FA's. What's he gonna say "we fully intend to sign Peter Forsberg"??? Please...and anyone thinking Forsberg will play for the Canucks is living in a fantasy land.

Melrose'sMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Junius

Quote:
I can't see him going to philly they have briere carter richards
I can't see him going to nashville an unstable franchise
I don't know if he wants to play on the third line for the avalanche
I don't think Detroit has enough money to sign him..
I agree. Philly has Briere/Carter and the Avs have Sakic/Stastny. I don't see either team wanting to go with Forsberg now. They now have other needs to prioritize.

Nashville is clearly too unstable and less desirable as a place to win now with Hartnell, Timonen, Kariya and Vokoun gone.

When the landscape is cleared over the next few days it will be clear that Vancouver is a viable option and would think Detroit might be as well or NYI if cash is a major consideration.

Old
07-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet View Post
What FG says means nothing right now...if Peter is healthy and the AVs still have the cap space, he will be an Av. There is no team chemistry to ruin when the season has yet to begin and the additions of big time FA's. What's he gonna say "we fully intend to sign Peter Forsberg"??? Please...and anyone thinking Forsberg will play for the Canucks is living in a fantasy land.
I like how a quote out of Aftonbladet instantly eliminates the Canucks from contention for Forsberg's services, but the Avs GM pretty much outrightly states they won't be bringing Forsberg back, and it means absolutely nothing. Someone then proceeds to post a recent comment from Forsberg, which doesn't rule out any team in the NHL, and of course that is also ignored. I think you're the one living in fantasy land.

And I don't even want the Canucks to sign Forsberg.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Junius

Quote:
I don't see it. If I am the Avs I already have two good centerman. They need to sort out their goal tending and add depth to their defence. Their top 6 looks very strong now with Smyth being added. They also need to create some space for Stasny and Wolski up front. Forsberg would be an unnecessary risk for them.

Old
07-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
I like how a quote out of Aftonbladet instantly eliminates the Canucks from contention for Forsberg's services, but the Avs GM pretty much outrightly states they won't be bringing Forsberg back, and it means absolutely nothing. Someone then proceeds to post a recent comment from Forsberg, which doesn't rule out any team in the NHL, and of course that is also ignored. I think you're the one living in fantasy land.

FG DID NOT address Forsberg directly...for starters, it was a very ambiguous statement that AD (and Spector) put his spin on. Second, the chances of Forsberg playing before December, are IMO 20-30%. Third, Forsberg intentionally went to Philly to avoid playing the Avs in the West, so why in the hell would he now go to perhaps their biggest rival??? I know pretty well, Forsberg WANTS to go back to CO...who knows what Q or FG want for sure, but if the money is there, CO will definitely give Forsberg a look, and if he's healthy I fully expect him to end up back with the Avs.

Old
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
avsfan4026

Quote:

Did you see the interview with Giguere?? Well, I did and Dater completely overreacted. He made no mention of Forsberg. He was asked if he had any plans with all the cap room he has left and he said he's not going to sign someone just to sign someone.

You think if Foppa wants to return to the Avs, FG's turning him down? Please.
We had Sakic and Stastny as our top 2 centers last year too and that didn't stop the Avs from asking the Flyers if Forsberg was a trading option.

We don't need Forsberg. Our offense is just fine. The only reason I would want him back is it seems only right for him to end his NHL career with the Avs, the team he played with for a decade and won 2 Stanley Cups with.

After the April 7th game between the Avs and the Preds: "It's great to be back here," Forsberg said. "Sometimes you don't know what you have until you leave."

Last edited by avsfan4026: 07-03-2007 at 01:58 PM.
avsfan4026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that FG made these comments in an attempt to side step a direct question about Forsberg returning to the Avs.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
FG DID NOT address Forsberg directly...for starters, it was a very ambiguous statement that AD (and Spector) put his spin on. Second, the chances of Forsberg playing before December, are IMO 20-30%. Third, Forsberg intentionally went to Philly to avoid playing the Avs in the West, so why in the hell would he now go to perhaps their biggest rival??? I know pretty well, Forsberg WANTS to go back to CO...who knows what Q or FG want for sure, but if the money is there, CO will definitely give Forsberg a look, and if he's healthy I fully expect him to end up back with the Avs.
He has made repeated statements that he misses Colorado. I'll go dig up the other thread about this if I have to.

Old
07-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:

Well, a direct Forsberg quote from Aftonbladet should carry more weight than an absolutely obtuse misinterpretation of a vague quote by Giguere ("outright states he won't be bringing Forsberg back"? You really need to work on your comprehension of the English language). Giguere's comment about team chemistry was nothing more than GM speak... concern over chemistry didn't stop them from brining in Smyth and Hannan did it?

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
Giguere's comment about team chemistry was nothing more than GM speak... concern over chemistry didn't stop them from brining in Smyth and Hannan did it?
Exactly. He said the exact same thing about team chemistry when asked about the UFA signing period and that didn't stop him form bringing in Smyth and Hannan.

Old
07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Rem
go flames go bolts

Where will he go? The podiatrist!

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 03:43 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
He is coming to Ottawa. Eklund said that Ottawa made him a 2-year offer.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 View Post
He is coming to Ottawa. Eklund said that Ottawa made him a 2-year offer.

If anything this will piss him off...he hasn't even decided whether he is coming back to NA yet. When he does decide, I'm sure he will be in touch with Don Baizley to contact the AVs, or plans B,C, D, etc..