HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Nikolai Zherdev?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 08:14 AM
Peter25

vCash: 500
Nikolai Zherdev?

How good is Nikolai Zherdev? Does he have a potential to be as good as his teammate Rick Nash? How has Zherdev looked so far in the NHL? Does he have a 50 goal/100 point potential?

Old
12-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Le Petit Viking

Didn't see Zherdev play yet but 7 pts in 13 games, it's impressive ! He plays more that 15 minutes per games at age 19. I think the Jackets got something pretty good and the Duo Zherdev-Nash will do good thing together for the years to come at Columbus.

I think it's sure to say that he will do 80-90 pts in a near future

Old
12-30-2003, 08:33 AM
jacketracket*

He's fast, and he's creative. He and Nash are starting to get some ice time together, w/Cassels centering them.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Reign Nateo

All they need now is to draft one of the big centres available in this draft and they have the makings of a very solid hockey team in the future.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:51 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Kelly Chase said on the radio last night, the kid will be really good when he figures out there are 4 other players on the ice.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:53 AM
TelperiŽn

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Kelly Chase said on the radio last night, the kid will be really good when he figures out there are 4 other players on the ice.
ONLY 4 other players on the ice?!

*starts counting*

Old
12-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25
How good is Nikolai Zherdev? Does he have a potential to be as good as his teammate Rick Nash? How has Zherdev looked so far in the NHL? Does he have a 50 goal/100 point potential?
Was in Dayton,OH in early December and decided to drive the hour with a few buds to catch the Jacket/Ducks game that night which happened to be Zherdevs first game as a pro and I must say, despite him being a bit of a puck hog as has been suggested, the kid does have some mad skills,great wheels and an awesome shot. I left Nationwide Arena very impressed with Zherdev and like a few have mentioned as well, he and Nash, so long as they get a solid centerman(Cassels actually can fit the bill for now IMO), will be a great duo, along the lines of Kovalchuk/Heatley had been.

Dunno about 50 goals for Zherdev(Nash will take care of that eventually.. :p ), but I could definitly see him, with some hard work and building up his body, eventually becoming a 70+ point type of player. Time will tell obviously but he's definitly got a great future.

-Maxie

Old
12-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Slats432

Predicted number of posts until Russian poster come and rip Zherdev a new (%(&)%%#$$?

Old
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus915
Was in Dayton,OH in early December and decided to drive the hour with a few buds to catch the Jacket/Ducks game that night which happened to be Zherdevs first game as a pro and I must say, despite him being a bit of a puck hog as has been suggested, the kid does have some mad skills,great wheels and an awesome shot. I left Nationwide Arena very impressed with Zherdev and like a few have mentioned as well, he and Nash, so long as they get a solid centerman(Cassels actually can fit the bill for now IMO), will be a great duo, along the lines of Kovalchuk/Heatley had been.

Dunno about 50 goals for Zherdev(Nash will take care of that eventually.. :p ), but I could definitly see him, with some hard work and building up his body, eventually becoming a 70+ point type of player. Time will tell obviously but he's definitly got a great future.

-Maxie
Completely OT, but what did you think of the arena, and the atmosphere?

I was at the game (I'm a CBJ season-tix holder), and as I recall, the joint was jumping more so than usual, w/Z playing his first game.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Looks like Kelly got punched in the head one too many times.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Heh, that's pretty funny, coming from a goon.

Zherdev passes just as much as everyone else. When he gets the chance, he'll rip it on net unlike the majority of Euro players. When he's stuck and he needs to make the pass, he will. He made a great pass to Sanderson on his goal last night, wristed a pass to a dead spot on the ice so Sandy could correl it and rip it on goal. Any softer and it would have been picked off and any harder it would have went right thru Sanderson.

Old
12-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Predicted number of posts until Russian poster come and rip Zherdev a new (%(&)%%#$$?

Don't tempt fate.

Anyway, what little I've seen of him, the things that stood out the most to me was he's extremely fast and has a good shot. Didn't look out of place at all in an NHL game.

Old
12-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432

No comment.

12-31-2003, 04:11 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
Completely OT, but what did you think of the arena, and the atmosphere?

I was at the game (I'm a CBJ season-tix holder), and as I recall, the joint was jumping more so than usual, w/Z playing his first game.
I thought your arena in Columbus was top notch. All the emenities one could want and the site lines were excellent. My bud and I scalped some tickets and we were about 1/2 way up along the goal lines just above the protective netting. I dunno, I liked Nationwide quite a bit and I must admit that even though your club is in the dumpster once again this year, the fans were seemingly very enthusiastic and quite vocal.

Tell you what, the Jackets have some real nice players with which to build upon and if Zherdev is as good as I think he'll be, he,Nash,Vborny,Klesla and even the slumping Denis is a pretty nice nucleus to build upon. It may take another couple of years but hopefully Jacket fans will remain patient.

-Max

Old
12-31-2003, 06:10 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

The kid is an absolutly sick puck handler. Two games into his year, I said he's the best puck handler on the team (not that that's saying much). I'm only more convinced now. He's going to be a good one.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Bobby Orr's Knees

Nash & Zherdev had this instant chemistry that made me go "wow". I look at them, and I see Kovalchuk & Heatley of two years ago. It's awesome. Columbus did itself proud with the latest picks.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:23 AM
jackets63

Zherdev is an amazing stickhandler. I think hes the only player we've ever had that could walk right through 3 guys in a row. If he doesnt pass enough, its because too often the Jackets are dumbfounded that someone in thier sweater doesnt just dump and change. They tend to be just watching him from the neutral zone.

And while he'll never be a Selke winner, he does pay a lot better attention to the defensive zone then we were told he would. Also isnt afraid to sacrifice the body to block shots. Has shown hes not afraid to take the body as well. Just doesnt have a whole lot of size to put behind it right now.

Its hard to predict goal totals, especially in todays NHL. But I get the impression he'll put up numbers just barely below Kovalchuks but wont stand out as much. This is in a year or two.

Old
01-01-2004, 04:16 AM
Traitor8

He's A Poor Man Kovalchuk

Old
01-01-2004, 07:46 AM
Bobby Orr's Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
He's A Poor Man Kovalchuk
How do we know he won't be as good or better than Kovalchuk? We know Zherdev has the skills and the size. We will learn about his hockey smarts, heart and toughness. At this point, he hasn't played enough for us to say he is a poor man's Kovalchuk -- or compare him to established NHL player in general.

Closed Thread