HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Immonen

Old
07-03-2007, 01:20 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Immonen

Why dont the Rangers give this guy a chance. Im watching the Stars Rangers game on MSG now and Immonen made some good plays. He is not that slow of a skater. He is always in the defensive zone helping out. Anyone think Cullen could be dealt to dump salary and get something back to let Immonen play. He would be cheaper. Immonen wont get much back in a trade I dont think.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
He's likely headed back to Finland because he might receive a more lucrative contract. The door is still open with NYR if he ups his game and we need him, but it's not looking likely at this point.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:24 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

The guy gets ripped apart for his skating which is not as bad as people make it out to be. He's got more offensive skill then Betts and plays almost just as good of a defensive game as him.

I wish he'd get a legit shot to challenge Betts for the 4th line center spot at camp but that is not going to happen.

Fact is, he not going to be a Ranger, I hope for his sake he is traded to a team that is willing to use him because he definitely has NHL talent and I'd hate to see that get wasted with him going back to Finland.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Nich

unless we decide to deal blair to get more O on the fourth line, jarkko is gone. i say we give done a call and ask for a 4th rounder

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
The guy gets ripped apart for his skating which is not as bad as people make it out to be. He's got more offensive skill then Betts and plays almost just as good of a defensive game as him.

I wish he'd get a legit shot to challenge Betts for the 4th line center spot at camp but that is not going to happen.

Fact is, he not going to be a Ranger, I hope for his sake he is traded to a team that is willing to use him because he definitely has NHL talent and I'd hate to see that get wasted with him going back to Finland.
I agree--but you know he's not going to be in the organization come training camp. I think he has the skill to play in the NHL, but it will have to be with a different team.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:32 AM
dkich96

Immo in my eyes has always been productive when he was up with the Rangers, the fact he didn't mash well with Shanny, doesn't mean anything - Prucha didn't mash with Shanny so what... I say give the kid an honest shot or their must be something behind the scene we don't know about...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Amen. Immo's been my favorite player on the Wolfpack the last two seasons...even before I saw him play his first game with the team (in which he scored two goals, including the game winner). I even got to see him score a goal in Boston as a New York Ranger the season before this past one. I'll miss him in this organization and I'll always be puzzled as to why a guy who, when called up, produced, but was then scratched, and then sent back to Hartford. Long live Jarkko.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 05:02 AM
Padawan
Former power tripper

The last thing I've heard about Immonen is that the Rangers didn't want him to continue and he left back to Finland. There are some rumors that Immonen would play in Finland and there are also rumors that he'll play in Europe but not in Finland.

Also Dwight Helminen is rumored to head to Finland. My favorite team JYP already signed Lars Helminen who is Dwight's brother so maybe he'll join with him to play in the same team. It is rumored that about 4-5 finnish teams want Dwight so he just might try Europe for a change.

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 05:22 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
Also Dwight Helminen is rumored to head to Finland. My favorite team JYP already signed Lars Helminen who is Dwight's brother so maybe he'll join with him to play in the same team. It is rumored that about 4-5 finnish teams want Dwight so he just might try Europe for a change.
He looked horrible in training camp and pre-season games. Good riddance..

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 05:24 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
The last thing I've heard about Immonen is that the Rangers didn't want him to continue and he left back to Finland. There are some rumors that Immonen would play in Finland and there are also rumors that he'll play in Europe but not in Finland.

I dont like the idea of our youth to head to europe. Is Helminen a RFA??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Helminen is a UFA.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 06:57 AM
pld459666

Maybe I'm missing something, but aside from one or 2 games where he's been solid, I've seen nothing from him that would lead me to believe he's defensively responsible enough to take over a defensive role on the team, nor is he offensively capable of taking over an offensive role on the team which really puts him in a tough situation seeing as he's also not physical enough to take over Hollweg or Orr's spot on the team.

Is he a decent player? I think he's a very very good AHL'er, not on the level of a Brad Smyth or Derek Armstrong, I just don't think that he's a good NHL player.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 07:12 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I dont like the idea of our youth to head to europe.
I missed the part where Montoya, Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Baranka, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Bourret, Dupont, Dawes, Byers and Pyatt were heading to Europe. Oh, and Anisimov spurning the idea of playing in NA this year, and Cherpanov having no intentions of coming over.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 07:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I dont like the idea of our youth to head to europe. Is Helminen a RFA??
The Rangers didn't qualify him.Check the prospects thread

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 07:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

What about the idea of Immonen wanting a one way NHL contract and was willing to wait to see if the Rangers moved him to another team before committing to playing in Europe

The Rangers did qualilfy him last week and retain his rights

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 08:05 AM
ban16*

We need Immonen to be on the first line and all of the power plays! My 5 yr old son got his game worn jersey after the last game 2 yrs ago in the "shirt off our backs" promotion, and the value hasn't exactly been skyrocketing!

ban16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
philbo

Immo skates like he has a parachute on his back, he's got good hands, plays the corners & boards well, but he doesn't seem to be able to "keep up" w/ the pace due to his lack of foot speed. Personally I think Sather should move him as one of the chips to try to attain a top-tier defenceman.

Last season Immo could'nt stick as a center on a team that really needed one, now after adding Gomez & Dru, there certainly is no place for him (especially w/ Dubi waiting in the wings) MOVE HIM.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 10:31 AM
ogie

i liked immonen at first and thought he was good but i later saw that he was really inconsistent. One shift he looked like he was on fire, and he was all over the place, but a shift later it looked like he was glued in place. at this point i think they should let he slide, to me it does not seem like he has what it takes to play in the NHL on a regular basis.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 10:50 AM
94now

Immonen was a part of re-build in NY. It is over now. Thanks, Jarkko. Sorry, you've got to the wrong club.
Slats will try to trade his rights if any team would agree to give him a NHL contract.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Immonen was a part of re-build in NY. It is over now. Thanks, Jarkko. Sorry, you've got to the wrong club.
Slats will try to trade his rights if any team would agree to give him a NHL contract.
Oh yeah, the rebuilding is over because we traded 4 prospects and 3 top draft picks to get two first line (bottom tier) centers in their prime. The team and the organization is as strong as ever and we have so much ammo to improve it..

As for IMMO, never a fan. Too slow and not intense or tenicious enough for my likeing (yeah, I know he plays a more subtle game)..And really not a fit for the Rangers unless he could amp up his defense/skating to beat out Betts...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Immo > Dubi

Book it.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:45 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Oh yeah, the rebuilding is over because we traded 4 prospects and 3 top draft picks to get two first line (bottom tier) centers in their prime. The team and the organization is as strong as ever and we have so much ammo to improve it..

As for IMMO, never a fan. Too slow and not intense or tenicious enough for my likeing (yeah, I know he plays a more subtle game)..And really not a fit for the Rangers unless he could amp up his defense/skating to beat out Betts...
Immo did just what he told, i.e. kept it simple... I'm not big fan of Jarkko, but he was to correct GM's mistake in not signing true 2nd line center after letting Ruccin go. It wasn't Immo fault that Cullen did do well. It is not how you bring a rookie center in. I think disappointment and lack of patience (or both) with Immo has led to Drumez signing after all. Now we have an excess at the position.

Old
07-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Immo did just what he told, i.e. kept it simple... I'm not big fan of Jarkko, but he was to correct GM's mistake in not signing true 2nd line center after letting Ruccin go. It wasn't Immo fault that Cullen did do well. It is not how you bring a rookie center in. I think disappointment and lack of patience (or both) with Immo has led to Drumez signing after all. Now we have an excess at the position.
Agree, Immo did his best and also agree that we had a big hole at C, one that Sather mistankenly tried to fill with Cullen. ANyway, like it does with many players, it just didn't work out with Jarko and the Rangers and I think mainly becasue of what Immo brings (or doesn't) to the table...

As far as excerss at the position..Maybe...Butthe bottom line is we are strong....Gomez and Drury centeringthe top two line? I love it..Betts as a 4th line C? Love it...And Cullen sure as hell is a more then capable 3rd line C, even if WAY overpaid for a 3rd liner.....But to me, he's very tradeable..Hopefully...I'd rather have a more gritty Avery there or perhaps Dubinsky when he shows he's ready...Butthe bottom line is that we have alot of options and ammo

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

And he blows Betts out of the water on the Draw

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:12 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
As far as excerss at the position..Maybe...Butthe bottom line is we are strong....Gomez and Drury centeringthe top two line? I love it..Betts as a 4th line C? Love it...And Cullen sure as hell is a more then capable 3rd line C, even if WAY overpaid for a 3rd liner.....But to me, he's very tradeable..Hopefully...I'd rather have a more gritty Avery there or perhaps Dubinsky when he shows he's ready...Butthe bottom line is that we have alot of options and ammo
As it turned out Nylander was tenable. All Slats had to do was to sign Drury. In this case Immonen and possibly Dubinski would provide a required depth. Now not only Immonen is expandable, but Dubi as well. Both Drury and Gomez are making by far more than Jarg and Shanny. That could be a leadership threat. I am for evolutionary developments with this club. Big jumps of the past have been proven result in failures.