HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poti Rocks!

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 03:36 AM
PotiFan107

vCash: 500
Poti Rocks!

2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said

Old
12-31-2003, 04:43 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan107

nuff said

Sorry, but regardless he's back in my ***** house.

What the **** was he thinking on the Straka goal in the 1st period?

Any defenceman worth his salt know that when the forwards cross as they come across the blueline you stay at your position.

He followed Palffy and left Leetch to scramble to cover his side while Straka was left un checked for a wicked shot that beat Markanen.

Yes the OT goal was nice, but the blunder in the 1st really pissed me off.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

nuff said
Nuff said?

What exactly does it say?

12-31-2003, 05:40 AM
NoHeart

it says that the sun shines at least twice on every dogs butt.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-31-2003 at 05:51 AM.
Old
12-31-2003, 08:12 AM
ihatenewjersey

the goal should be celebrated no matter who scored it but poti's pros and cons, i am sure his cons outweigh the pros

Old
12-31-2003, 08:16 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
Sorry, but regardless he's back in my ***** house.

What the **** was he thinking on the Straka goal in the 1st period?

Any defenceman worth his salt know that when the forwards cross as they come across the blueline you stay at your position.

He followed Palffy and left Leetch to scramble to cover his side while Straka was left un checked for a wicked shot that beat Markanen.

Yes the OT goal was nice, but the blunder in the 1st really pissed me off.
Jussi shoulda had that one.

Can we trade Poti to Boston already?

Old
12-31-2003, 08:16 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
What exactly does it say?
It says it right there--- nuff..

Nuff- meaning a guy who's defensive deficencies which have lead to several losses are forgiven as long as he scores in overtime on two consecutive occasions..

At least that's what my dictionary says..

Guess I should have looked at the dictionaries publisher..

Instead of "Websters" it says "Jar-Jar"..

Old
12-31-2003, 09:05 AM
ap215

First time since 1950 where someone scored back-to-back OT goals.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:30 AM
RFAN

Quote:

nuff said

Trade him now before his 15 minutes is over!

Old
12-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN
Trade him now before his 15 minutes is over!
Speaking of which, Does anyone think Anahiem might be interested in Poti now that Ozolinsh is out for a while?

Old
12-31-2003, 03:19 PM
FACEMAN

[QUOTE=PotiFan107]2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said[/QUOTE

Game winning goals aside. HE sucks. Purse swinging, defensive liability with no heart. And who did the NYR give up for him?? Only the best player on the Oilers currently. Who was also the heart of the NYR. Who also carried Lindros and Fleury on his back for Half a season.

Funny how everyone used to criticize Mikey York saying that he would be nothing without Eric and Theo. Funny how the exact opposite happened.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:11 PM
rangers

Quote:

nuff said
TOM, TOM, TOM, TOM!!! I Love you!

Old
12-31-2003, 05:22 PM
ddheyman

[QUOTE=FACEMAN]
Quote:

nuff said[/QUOTE

Game winning goals aside. HE sucks. Purse swinging, defensive liability with no heart. And who did the NYR give up for him?? Only the best player on the Oilers currently. Who was also the heart of the NYR. Who also carried Lindros and Fleury on his back for Half a season.

Funny how everyone used to criticize Mikey York saying that he would be nothing without Eric and Theo. Funny how the exact opposite happened.
I'm sorry but what? Yes York is playing well for Edmonton. Yes, personally I hate the trade. But lets not jump the boat a little, York did not carry Lindros and Fleury. Lindros carried that line before he gave himself a concussion. Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant ... unfortunately, Eric hasn't been dominant since he smacked himself in the face with his own stick. York is a very good heart and soul player ... although this may shock you, how good york is has nothing to do with the how well or poorly Poti plays. No, he is not Scott Stevens, but he does bring something to the table ... and as for "game winning goals aside", why aside? Isn't that what playing hockey is about? Winning games? So why wouldn't we consider the fact that he just won two games for us? I don't like Poti, and I would trade him in a minute for Jillson on Boston and maybe expand it for Rolston as well (Carter and Poti for Jillson and Rolston anyone?)? But lets not go to far overboard and at least for two games, give credit where credit is due.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:28 PM
PotiFan107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
I'm sorry but what? Yes York is playing well for Edmonton. Yes, personally I hate the trade. But lets not jump the boat a little, York did not carry Lindros and Fleury. Lindros carried that line before he gave himself a concussion. Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant ... unfortunately, Eric hasn't been dominant since he smacked himself in the face with his own stick. York is a very good heart and soul player ... although this may shock you, how good york is has nothing to do with the how well or poorly Poti plays. No, he is not Scott Stevens, but he does bring something to the table ... and as for "game winning goals aside", why aside? Isn't that what playing hockey is about? Winning games? So why wouldn't we consider the fact that he just won two games for us? I don't like Poti, and I would trade him in a minute for Jillson on Boston and maybe expand it for Rolston as well (Carter and Poti for Jillson and Rolston anyone?)? But lets not go to far overboard and at least for two games, give credit where credit is due.

well said

Old
12-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Speaking of which, Does anyone think Anahiem might be interested in Poti now that Ozolinsh is out for a while?
Personally, I don't mind Poti as much as most of the posters on this board, but I would love to get Vishnevski for Poti.

Old
01-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Fletch

I don't mind Poti either...

although playing with Leetch, something I didn't mind last season, I do mind now. But unfortunately due to the makeup of this team's six defensemen, it almost only makes sense to play him with Leetch. Sounds weird, but ideally you'd want Leetch and Poti paired with defensive defensemen, in order to let them do what they do bet, and that's rush the play. Unfortunately for Poti, he can't do that because Leetch primarily dos that. And unfortunately for the Rangers, that leaves Poti back as a defensive defenseman, a position in which he's effective. It's a shame because Poti, I believe, is not as bad as he seems. If he was paired with a guy like Beuk, or Ulf, in their better days, and skated with guys who aren't inept at offense, I don't think we'd mind Poti's deficiencies on defense. Leetch's are overlooked by all and honestly, at this stage of Leetch's career, he's not better defensively than Poti. Still scrambles in his zone, and is easy to deke and get around, and often leaves the front of the net open. He's willing to take a puck to the knee, but one or two of those a night doesn't make up for everthing else.

And with all that said, if Sather continues with that pairing and is the way he intends to use Poti, perhaps it's best to trade him, along with Nedved, perhaps, and get a good defensive defenseman, and some type of forward (checking, prospect, or something).

I will add that it's gotta be a bit uplifting to the team that he's tallied two straight OT goals. One game under .500, two over hockey .500, and this is the time this team typically falls apart (don't they always do some sort of west coast swing b/t the 25th and New Year's?).

Last edited by Fletch: 01-01-2004 at 04:16 AM.
Old
01-01-2004, 04:59 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
---------------------------------------------------------------
York did carry the FLY line. If you recall who centered that line??? Yes Lindros took the faceoffs but it was boy wonder who handled most of the defensive zone coverage for that line, Lindros would get back 5 seconds later and play wing in the d zone. What did the line do after Yorkie left?? BTW it was eric's glove that gave him a concussion, not his "stick".

Regarding York and me getting carried away, do a little reading on the OIL. Most beat writers have written he is the best player on the team. I believe Mac T was quoted as saying this last year.

I love this line that you wrote: "Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant". Wow your really taking a stand.

Why did i throw out poti's GWG's. Because for every goal he scores he directly results in at least 2-3 chances against. I can't stand the guy because he is built like a mack truck, never hits, has the longest stick in the league because he's afraid to go into a corner and he held out for more money because he thinks he's so great. He also doesn't seem to be able to play without leetch at his side. He was run out of Edmonton for a reason.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Fletch

If York carried that line...

then why did he stop scoring when Lindros stopped dominating? Sorry, but as Lindros went, so did that line. And I believe Lindros was the center on that line. Remember many an occasion of York flying off the wing to retrieve the puck down deep.

Closed Thread