HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poti Rocks!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2003, 03:36 AM
  #1
PotiFan107
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Poti Rocks!

2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said

PotiFan107 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 04:43 AM
  #2
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,667
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan107
2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said

Sorry, but regardless he's back in my ***** house.

What the **** was he thinking on the Straka goal in the 1st period?

Any defenceman worth his salt know that when the forwards cross as they come across the blueline you stay at your position.

He followed Palffy and left Leetch to scramble to cover his side while Straka was left un checked for a wicked shot that beat Markanen.

Yes the OT goal was nice, but the blunder in the 1st really pissed me off.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 05:24 AM
  #3
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,019
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan107
2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said
Nuff said?

What exactly does it say?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 05:40 AM
  #4
NoHeart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
it says that the sun shines at least twice on every dogs butt.


Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-31-2003 at 05:51 AM.
NoHeart is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 08:12 AM
  #5
ihatenewjersey
Registered User
 
ihatenewjersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: dirty jersey / NEW YORK RANGERS FOR LIFE
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
the goal should be celebrated no matter who scored it but poti's pros and cons, i am sure his cons outweigh the pros

ihatenewjersey is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 08:16 AM
  #6
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
Sorry, but regardless he's back in my ***** house.

What the **** was he thinking on the Straka goal in the 1st period?

Any defenceman worth his salt know that when the forwards cross as they come across the blueline you stay at your position.

He followed Palffy and left Leetch to scramble to cover his side while Straka was left un checked for a wicked shot that beat Markanen.

Yes the OT goal was nice, but the blunder in the 1st really pissed me off.
Jussi shoulda had that one.

Can we trade Poti to Boston already?

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 08:16 AM
  #7
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
What exactly does it say?
It says it right there--- nuff..


Nuff- meaning a guy who's defensive deficencies which have lead to several losses are forgiven as long as he scores in overtime on two consecutive occasions..

At least that's what my dictionary says..

Guess I should have looked at the dictionaries publisher..

Instead of "Websters" it says "Jar-Jar"..

Davisian is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 09:05 AM
  #8
ap215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
First time since 1950 where someone scored back-to-back OT goals.

ap215 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 09:30 AM
  #9
RFAN
Registered User
 
RFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan107
2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said

Trade him now before his 15 minutes is over!

RFAN is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 09:52 AM
  #10
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch
 
Frozen North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: OK
Country: United States
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN
Trade him now before his 15 minutes is over!
Speaking of which, Does anyone think Anahiem might be interested in Poti now that Ozolinsh is out for a while?

Frozen North is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 03:19 PM
  #11
FACEMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=PotiFan107]2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said[/QUOTE

Game winning goals aside. HE sucks. Purse swinging, defensive liability with no heart. And who did the NYR give up for him?? Only the best player on the Oilers currently. Who was also the heart of the NYR. Who also carried Lindros and Fleury on his back for Half a season.

Funny how everyone used to criticize Mikey York saying that he would be nothing without Eric and Theo. Funny how the exact opposite happened.

FACEMAN is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 04:11 PM
  #12
rangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan107
2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said
TOM, TOM, TOM, TOM!!! I Love you!

rangers is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 05:22 PM
  #13
ddheyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cliffside Park, NJ
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=FACEMAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan107
2 Game winning goals in 2 overtime games...

nuff said[/QUOTE

Game winning goals aside. HE sucks. Purse swinging, defensive liability with no heart. And who did the NYR give up for him?? Only the best player on the Oilers currently. Who was also the heart of the NYR. Who also carried Lindros and Fleury on his back for Half a season.

Funny how everyone used to criticize Mikey York saying that he would be nothing without Eric and Theo. Funny how the exact opposite happened.
I'm sorry but what? Yes York is playing well for Edmonton. Yes, personally I hate the trade. But lets not jump the boat a little, York did not carry Lindros and Fleury. Lindros carried that line before he gave himself a concussion. Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant ... unfortunately, Eric hasn't been dominant since he smacked himself in the face with his own stick. York is a very good heart and soul player ... although this may shock you, how good york is has nothing to do with the how well or poorly Poti plays. No, he is not Scott Stevens, but he does bring something to the table ... and as for "game winning goals aside", why aside? Isn't that what playing hockey is about? Winning games? So why wouldn't we consider the fact that he just won two games for us? I don't like Poti, and I would trade him in a minute for Jillson on Boston and maybe expand it for Rolston as well (Carter and Poti for Jillson and Rolston anyone?)? But lets not go to far overboard and at least for two games, give credit where credit is due.

ddheyman is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 05:28 PM
  #14
PotiFan107
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
I'm sorry but what? Yes York is playing well for Edmonton. Yes, personally I hate the trade. But lets not jump the boat a little, York did not carry Lindros and Fleury. Lindros carried that line before he gave himself a concussion. Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant ... unfortunately, Eric hasn't been dominant since he smacked himself in the face with his own stick. York is a very good heart and soul player ... although this may shock you, how good york is has nothing to do with the how well or poorly Poti plays. No, he is not Scott Stevens, but he does bring something to the table ... and as for "game winning goals aside", why aside? Isn't that what playing hockey is about? Winning games? So why wouldn't we consider the fact that he just won two games for us? I don't like Poti, and I would trade him in a minute for Jillson on Boston and maybe expand it for Rolston as well (Carter and Poti for Jillson and Rolston anyone?)? But lets not go to far overboard and at least for two games, give credit where credit is due.

well said

PotiFan107 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 09:02 PM
  #15
Dorthmall
Registered User
 
Dorthmall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Speaking of which, Does anyone think Anahiem might be interested in Poti now that Ozolinsh is out for a while?
Personally, I don't mind Poti as much as most of the posters on this board, but I would love to get Vishnevski for Poti.

Dorthmall is offline  
Old
01-01-2004, 04:05 AM
  #16
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
I don't mind Poti either...

although playing with Leetch, something I didn't mind last season, I do mind now. But unfortunately due to the makeup of this team's six defensemen, it almost only makes sense to play him with Leetch. Sounds weird, but ideally you'd want Leetch and Poti paired with defensive defensemen, in order to let them do what they do bet, and that's rush the play. Unfortunately for Poti, he can't do that because Leetch primarily dos that. And unfortunately for the Rangers, that leaves Poti back as a defensive defenseman, a position in which he's effective. It's a shame because Poti, I believe, is not as bad as he seems. If he was paired with a guy like Beuk, or Ulf, in their better days, and skated with guys who aren't inept at offense, I don't think we'd mind Poti's deficiencies on defense. Leetch's are overlooked by all and honestly, at this stage of Leetch's career, he's not better defensively than Poti. Still scrambles in his zone, and is easy to deke and get around, and often leaves the front of the net open. He's willing to take a puck to the knee, but one or two of those a night doesn't make up for everthing else.

And with all that said, if Sather continues with that pairing and is the way he intends to use Poti, perhaps it's best to trade him, along with Nedved, perhaps, and get a good defensive defenseman, and some type of forward (checking, prospect, or something).

I will add that it's gotta be a bit uplifting to the team that he's tallied two straight OT goals. One game under .500, two over hockey .500, and this is the time this team typically falls apart (don't they always do some sort of west coast swing b/t the 25th and New Year's?).


Last edited by Fletch: 01-01-2004 at 04:16 AM.
Fletch is offline  
Old
01-01-2004, 04:59 AM
  #17
FACEMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
I'm sorry but what? Yes York is playing well for Edmonton. Yes, personally I hate the trade. But lets not jump the boat a little, York did not carry Lindros and Fleury. Lindros carried that line before he gave himself a concussion. Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant ... unfortunately, Eric hasn't been dominant since he smacked himself in the face with his own stick. York is a very good heart and soul player ... although this may shock you, how good york is has nothing to do with the how well or poorly Poti plays. No, he is not Scott Stevens, but he does bring something to the table ... and as for "game winning goals aside", why aside? Isn't that what playing hockey is about? Winning games? So why wouldn't we consider the fact that he just won two games for us? I don't like Poti, and I would trade him in a minute for Jillson on Boston and maybe expand it for Rolston as well (Carter and Poti for Jillson and Rolston anyone?)? But lets not go to far overboard and at least for two games, give credit where credit is due.
---------------------------------------------------------------
York did carry the FLY line. If you recall who centered that line??? Yes Lindros took the faceoffs but it was boy wonder who handled most of the defensive zone coverage for that line, Lindros would get back 5 seconds later and play wing in the d zone. What did the line do after Yorkie left?? BTW it was eric's glove that gave him a concussion, not his "stick".

Regarding York and me getting carried away, do a little reading on the OIL. Most beat writers have written he is the best player on the team. I believe Mac T was quoted as saying this last year.

I love this line that you wrote: "Lindros has and always will be a dominant player on any line he plays IF that line is dominant". Wow your really taking a stand.

Why did i throw out poti's GWG's. Because for every goal he scores he directly results in at least 2-3 chances against. I can't stand the guy because he is built like a mack truck, never hits, has the longest stick in the league because he's afraid to go into a corner and he held out for more money because he thinks he's so great. He also doesn't seem to be able to play without leetch at his side. He was run out of Edmonton for a reason.

FACEMAN is offline  
Old
01-01-2004, 08:30 AM
  #18
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
If York carried that line...

then why did he stop scoring when Lindros stopped dominating? Sorry, but as Lindros went, so did that line. And I believe Lindros was the center on that line. Remember many an occasion of York flying off the wing to retrieve the puck down deep.

Fletch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.