HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

mon/tampa

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2003, 05:46 AM
  #1
r19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
mon/tampa

richard zednik+marcel hossa=Alexander Svitov
Bulis+hossa=Svitov
perreault+sundstrom=Svitov

He brings size skills and potenial to be a great number one center one day,although given up zednik wont be easy

r19 is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 05:50 AM
  #2
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by r19
richard zednik+marcel hossa=Alexander Svitov
Bulis+hossa=Svitov
perreault+sundstrom=Svitov

He brings size skills and potenial to be a great number one center one day,although given up zednik wont be easy
svitov won't be traded ...
forget him! TB is very high on him !

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 06:11 AM
  #3
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by r19
richard zednik+marcel hossa=Alexander Svitov
Bulis+hossa=Svitov
perreault+sundstrom=Svitov

He brings size skills and potenial to be a great number one center one day,although given up zednik wont be easy

Zednik + Hossa = Perreault + Sundstrom


!?!??!

Vicious is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 06:31 AM
  #4
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Feaster wouldn't accept... Gainey wouldn't bother offering.

won't happen

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 10:59 AM
  #5
biggie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Zednik + Hossa = Perreault + Sundstrom


!?!??!
with the perreault, sundstrom package i dont think we could get Svitov
but maybe we can get Lecaliver

biggie is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 10:59 AM
  #6
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Zednik + Hossa = Perreault + Sundstrom


!?!??!
I think you just summarized the seriousness of that proposal and the amount of thinking that got into it.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 11:20 AM
  #7
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r19
richard zednik+marcel hossa=Alexander Svitov
Bulis+hossa=Svitov
perreault+sundstrom=Svitov

He brings size skills and potenial to be a great number one center one day,although given up zednik wont be easy
It would be nice to have Svitov and Perezhogin since there seems to be some chemistry there. But I'm not sure those packages work for either team. TB loves to have the huge power forward types. They've been drafting big guys for years hoping they get the next power forward. It's taking Svitov a bit of time, but I doubt they would give up on him, and that quickly. The reason it doesn't make sense for Montreal is because we're fighting for a playoff berth right now. Trading someone like Zednik off the immediate roster might as well mean we dont think we can make the playoffs and not even try.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 06:54 PM
  #8
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
It would be nice to have Svitov and Perezhogin since there seems to be some chemistry there. But I'm not sure those packages work for either team. TB loves to have the huge power forward types. They've been drafting big guys for years hoping they get the next power forward. It's taking Svitov a bit of time, but I doubt they would give up on him, and that quickly. The reason it doesn't make sense for Montreal is because we're fighting for a playoff berth right now. Trading someone like Zednik off the immediate roster might as well mean we dont think we can make the playoffs and not even try.
It would be great to have Svitov. His development has been slow, but this is due in part to his Army commitments and Tampa's lack of a stable AHL affiliate. If he plays a whole year under Jarvis, getting good ice time alongside talented guys like Perezhogin, he will find his potential.

But he is expensive. According to rumours, Hamrlik, straight-up, is not enough. This suggests that Feaster would ask for Markov or Souray, which would really weaken the roster, leaving Bouillon as a top four defenceman. Besides, the Habs already have Higgins and Plekanec looking to dislodge Juneau and Perreault.

But a big skilled centreman with a bit of a mean streak is rare and precious. If Feaster wanted Zednik, I would think about it.

Souffle is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 05:33 AM
  #9
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Svitov is my favorite prospect in the NHL, he is the exact type of player we lack: a big skilled center man with a mean streak. He may be somewhat lazy, but he'll get it going and he'll be a force in the NHL. I'd give Hossa and a 1st for him.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 05:57 AM
  #10
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Ryder and Bulis are two players I don't want to trade. I like them too much and even though Svitov is good, I don't think we should trade the players that clearly want to play here and play with energy, grit and intensity.

For Svitov, I'd be looking to trade guys like Plekanec, Hossa and Balej. Think about it, if you look at our current players and prospects, we have way too much depth and not enough space, you gotta clear the farm a bit and bring in a top talent.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 07:34 AM
  #11
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Ryder and Bulis are two players I don't want to trade. I like them too much and even though Svitov is good, I don't think we should trade the players that clearly want to play here and play with energy, grit and intensity.
Totaly agree

Everyone is tradable but if we're gonna trade our hardest working and best players we have to get the clear edge in any deal involving them IMO.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 07:45 AM
  #12
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r19
perreault+sundstrom=Svitov
hahaha

when will people learn.....

how come there are still trade proposasl in this forum mods?? It's just ruining our reputation!

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 08:26 AM
  #13
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
Didn't the Tbay coach say... "let him rott in the minors for all I care" ?

Hossa+Zednik/Dagenais/Ryder/Bulis

But then again Tortorella benches Lecavalier...

Rahan is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 08:39 AM
  #14
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
But then again Tortorella benches Lecavalier...
So what? Julien benches Ribeiro. Does that mean Ribeiro is on the block?

Corey is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 09:07 AM
  #15
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
So what? Julien benches Ribeiro. Does that mean Ribeiro is on the block?
What the hell are you talking about? Wow, you better start learning to read between the lines the right way. I was just picturing that Tortorella does and says controversial things and that him saying Svitov should rot in the minors DOESN'T mean anything, how hard is it to see that in my post.

Rahan is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 09:15 AM
  #16
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
What the hell are you talking about? Wow, you better start learning to read between the lines the right way. I was just picturing that Tortorella does and says controversial things and that him saying Svitov should rot in the minors DOESN'T mean anything, how hard is it to see that in my post.

Calm down, the guy didn't understand, so what? There are other ways to respond. Not that I never lose my patience, but still.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
12-29-2003, 11:34 AM
  #17
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Calm down, the guy didn't understand, so what? There are other ways to respond. Not that I never lose my patience, but still.
I replied the same way as he did. His "So what?" got me started that way. I know I should be more polite but I tend to talk the way people talk to me :/

Rahan is offline  
Old
12-30-2003, 08:17 PM
  #18
Habruti!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
Why Svitov

Would acquire him only if it ment he was available for the right price. If he is not then why over pay for a guy that has doubtfull work ethics....It like over-paying for Hossa (marcel) because he is big and talented which he is. If the guy could be had for say Kilger and Hossa then I would do it in a second else I would let him roth in the minors since it seems to be the philosophy that tempa is taking with him.

I do admit though that a first line of Kastsitsyn, Svitov and Perzhogin could sound interresting down the road....

Habruti! is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.