HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dawes scores 2!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2003, 09:03 PM
  #1
ddheyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cliffside Park, NJ
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Dawes scores 2!!!

Heard a comment (Davidson) during the game that Nigel Dawes had 2 goals in the most recent WJC game and that he was leading his division in scoring ...

Anyway have any more info on how he is doing?

ddheyman is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 06:11 AM
  #2
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,934
vCash: 920
DAWES Nigel Canada 3 GP 2 G 3 A 5 P 0 PIM +8

And he has another goal today against Czech Republic, so make that 3 goals and 6 points in 4 games.

I've seen every game so far..Dawes has been excellent, plays on Canada's top line with Mike Richards (Philly) and Anthony Stewart (Florida)

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 06:15 AM
  #3
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
DAWES Nigel Canada 3 GP 2 G 3 A 5 P 0 PIM +8

And he has another goal today against Czech Republic, so make that 3 goals and 6 points in 4 games.

I've seen every game so far..Dawes has been excellent, plays on Canada's top line with Mike Richards (Philly) and Anthony Stewart (Florida)
DG, whatta ya think about Parise? Man, we could've taken him instead of Jessiman :p

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 07:14 AM
  #4
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
DG, whatta ya think about Parise? Man, we could've taken him instead of Jessiman :p
I woulda tried to move up for Phaneuf

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 07:17 AM
  #5
ihatenewjersey
Registered User
 
ihatenewjersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: dirty jersey / NEW YORK RANGERS FOR LIFE
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
i get the canada junior team's game on center ice, they are awesome- the most fun watching hockey games, they all just show so much talent and crush the other teams

ihatenewjersey is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 07:20 AM
  #6
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
DG, whatta ya think about Parise? Man, we could've taken him instead of Jessiman :p
parise is an awesome prospect and for the 2nd year in a row is having a GREAT wjc and it kills me that the devils got him, but i'm still very happy with the pick of jessiman.

the rangers have lacked a legit power forward for as long as i can remember and jessiman potentially fills that long term needed...

and after years of complaining about neil smith drafting 'smurfs' imo it is just a reason to bash sather to turn around and say he should have taken the smaller guy which is what we've been saying they shouldn't do all along...

parise is the real deal, but if jessiman pans out he'll be more of what the rangers need

NYR469 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 09:27 AM
  #7
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
parise is an awesome prospect and for the 2nd year in a row is having a GREAT wjc and it kills me that the devils got him, but i'm still very happy with the pick of jessiman.

the rangers have lacked a legit power forward for as long as i can remember and jessiman potentially fills that long term needed...

and after years of complaining about neil smith drafting 'smurfs' imo it is just a reason to bash sather to turn around and say he should have taken the smaller guy which is what we've been saying they shouldn't do all along...

parise is the real deal, but if jessiman pans out he'll be more of what the rangers need
I agree, I still like Jessiman, but he's a project and when was the last time a NYR's coaching staff brought along a project who ended up fulfilling his potential?

The difference with Parise is that he is ready next season if need be, maybe two years away. Hugh will take at least three seasons as long as he's not rushed like other Ranger's first rounders have been.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 09:51 AM
  #8
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,587
vCash: 500
Awards:
I'm not saying that I would take Parise over Jessiman but I think its a bit overstated to say that Jessiman is more of what the Rangers need because he is a power forward. This team needs a lot of everything save goaltenders.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
  #9
Edge
Kris King's Ghost
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,810
vCash: 500
and if blackburn goes down to injury for the longer term, you could argue we need more depth there too.

Edge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.