HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dawes scores 2!!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 09:03 PM
ddheyman

vCash: 500
Dawes scores 2!!!

Heard a comment (Davidson) during the game that Nigel Dawes had 2 goals in the most recent WJC game and that he was leading his division in scoring ...

Anyway have any more info on how he is doing?

Old
12-31-2003, 06:11 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
DAWES Nigel Canada 3 GP 2 G 3 A 5 P 0 PIM +8

And he has another goal today against Czech Republic, so make that 3 goals and 6 points in 4 games.

I've seen every game so far..Dawes has been excellent, plays on Canada's top line with Mike Richards (Philly) and Anthony Stewart (Florida)

Old
12-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
DAWES Nigel Canada 3 GP 2 G 3 A 5 P 0 PIM +8

And he has another goal today against Czech Republic, so make that 3 goals and 6 points in 4 games.

I've seen every game so far..Dawes has been excellent, plays on Canada's top line with Mike Richards (Philly) and Anthony Stewart (Florida)
DG, whatta ya think about Parise? Man, we could've taken him instead of Jessiman :p

Old
12-31-2003, 07:14 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
DG, whatta ya think about Parise? Man, we could've taken him instead of Jessiman :p
I woulda tried to move up for Phaneuf

Old
12-31-2003, 07:17 AM
ihatenewjersey

i get the canada junior team's game on center ice, they are awesome- the most fun watching hockey games, they all just show so much talent and crush the other teams

Old
12-31-2003, 07:20 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
parise is an awesome prospect and for the 2nd year in a row is having a GREAT wjc and it kills me that the devils got him, but i'm still very happy with the pick of jessiman.

the rangers have lacked a legit power forward for as long as i can remember and jessiman potentially fills that long term needed...

and after years of complaining about neil smith drafting 'smurfs' imo it is just a reason to bash sather to turn around and say he should have taken the smaller guy which is what we've been saying they shouldn't do all along...

parise is the real deal, but if jessiman pans out he'll be more of what the rangers need

Old
12-31-2003, 09:27 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
parise is an awesome prospect and for the 2nd year in a row is having a GREAT wjc and it kills me that the devils got him, but i'm still very happy with the pick of jessiman.

the rangers have lacked a legit power forward for as long as i can remember and jessiman potentially fills that long term needed...

and after years of complaining about neil smith drafting 'smurfs' imo it is just a reason to bash sather to turn around and say he should have taken the smaller guy which is what we've been saying they shouldn't do all along...

parise is the real deal, but if jessiman pans out he'll be more of what the rangers need
I agree, I still like Jessiman, but he's a project and when was the last time a NYR's coaching staff brought along a project who ended up fulfilling his potential?

The difference with Parise is that he is ready next season if need be, maybe two years away. Hugh will take at least three seasons as long as he's not rushed like other Ranger's first rounders have been.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'm not saying that I would take Parise over Jessiman but I think its a bit overstated to say that Jessiman is more of what the Rangers need because he is a power forward. This team needs a lot of everything save goaltenders.

12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

and if blackburn goes down to injury for the longer term, you could argue we need more depth there too.

Closed Thread