HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Next year's standings in the West

Old
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Eternity Is Now

vCash: 500
Next year's standings in the West

we've got one for the east, so i figured lets look at the west.

1. Anaheim - even with the potential lose of niedermayer and selanne, they have still put together a great team and will finish tops in the west - 115+pts

2. Vancouver - watch for luongo to steal the season for the canucks and naslund will bounce back to have a career year. 110+pts

3. Detroit - wont win the conference this year cause the division has improved and will have a harder time facing teams like chicago and st louis 8 times a year. 105+pts

4. San Jose - will fall just short of beating Anaheim for the divison but will still have the 2nd best record in the west. 110+pts

5. Colorado - with additions of Smyth and Hannan Colorado will be a lot better this next year, could finsih higher but their goaltending is a little suspect. 105+pts

6.Calgary - Iginla and Kipper will again take the flames to the playoffs, will do better then last year but not a whole lot. still in one of the toughest divisions in the league. 100+pts

7. Dallas - Still have a good team, Turco is still one of the top goalies and with Modano back for a full season they will be in the playoffs - 100+pts

8. Chicago - This is my wildcard pick, i think havlat will say healthy and lead this team and they will surprise to squeeze into the playoffs. 95+pts

9. Minnisota- Backstrom will be good but not good enough yet in a tough division and they cant quite pull out the playoff spot.

10. St Louis - they have improved, but not quite enough to get them into the playoffs. Karyia still has a good season and pots 30+ goals.

11. LA Kings - This young team keeps getting better and better, but the goaltending doesn't allow them to be in the playoffs.

12. Nashville - With the lose of all the players in the off season they fall far down the standings and cant really seem to put it together.

13. Edmonton - Very very young team and in the future will be great, but right now the cant compete with the others. They will be top 4 by christmas like every year but tail off at the end.

14. Pheonix - Still cant really escape the bottom of the conference, will continue to have a losing season.

15. Columbus - Although their last its a close conference throughout but in a tough division they can pull together enough wins.

This is my predictions, not perfect but yeah...comment, post your own thoughts and predictions!

Eternity Is Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternity Is Now View Post
we've got one for the east, so i figured lets look at the west.

1. Anaheim - even with the potential lose of niedermayer and selanne, they have still put together a great team and will finish tops in the west - 115+pts

2. Vancouver - watch for luongo to steal the season for the canucks and naslund will bounce back to have a career year. 110+pts

3. Detroit - wont win the conference this year cause the division has improved and will have a harder time facing teams like chicago and st louis 8 times a year. 105+pts

4. San Jose - will fall just short of beating Anaheim for the divison but will still have the 2nd best record in the west. 110+pts

5. Colorado - with additions of Smyth and Hannan Colorado will be a lot better this next year, could finsih higher but their goaltending is a little suspect. 105+pts

6.Calgary - Iginla and Kipper will again take the flames to the playoffs, will do better then last year but not a whole lot. still in one of the toughest divisions in the league. 100+pts

7. Dallas - Still have a good team, Turco is still one of the top goalies and with Modano back for a full season they will be in the playoffs - 100+pts

8. Chicago - This is my wildcard pick, i think havlat will say healthy and lead this team and they will surprise to squeeze into the playoffs. 95+pts

9. Minnisota- Backstrom will be good but not good enough yet in a tough division and they cant quite pull out the playoff spot.

10. St Louis - they have improved, but not quite enough to get them into the playoffs. Karyia still has a good season and pots 30+ goals.

11. LA Kings - This young team keeps getting better and better, but the goaltending doesn't allow them to be in the playoffs.

12. Nashville - With the lose of all the players in the off season they fall far down the standings and cant really seem to put it together.

13. Edmonton - Very very young team and in the future will be great, but right now the cant compete with the others. They will be top 4 by christmas like every year but tail off at the end.

14. Pheonix - Still cant really escape the bottom of the conference, will continue to have a losing season.

15. Columbus - Although their last its a close conference throughout but in a tough division they can pull together enough wins.

This is my predictions, not perfect but yeah...comment, post your own thoughts and predictions!
very well thought out i like it in my opinion the kings will be better than dallas

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Blikian29

Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Colorado takes the Northwest in my opinion.

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post
very well thought out i like it in my opinion the kings will be better than dallas
yeah the only thing i think holding the kings back is goaltending and i think that will be their downfall

Old
07-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian19 View Post
Colorado takes the Northwest in my opinion.
same for the avs i think the goaltending will allow vancouver to take the top, but i think it will be close

Old
07-03-2007, 01:36 PM
State of Hockey

Minnesota in 9th? Nashville in 12th?

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:38 PM
5H4RK5

Ducks, Nucks, Wings, Sharks, Avs, Stars, Wild, Blues in no particular order.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Canucks5551

I'd put Minnesota in instead of Chicago and have Nashville closer to a playoff spot. Good list IMO.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:39 PM
NucksDaynastyACometh

how many more times are we going to hear "Naslund has a bounce back season" - it isnt going to happen

Detriot
Anahiem
Calgary
San Jose
Colorado
Dallas
Minny
Nashville
----------------------------
the rest dont matter

NucksDaynastyACometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksDaynastyACometh View Post
how many more times are we going to hear "Naslund has a bounce back season" - it isnt going to happen

Detriot
Anahiem
Calgary
San Jose
Colorado
Dallas
Minny
Nashville
----------------------------
the rest dont matter
Fake Canucks fan I see.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks5551 View Post
Fake Canucks fan I see.
i was just gunna say the same thing...

Old
07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Masterplan*

Quote:

Can't wait for this playoff series. Should be a doozy-of-a-4-game-series.....

Masterplan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Puckz

I have a feeling the Kings will find a goalie somewhere, if they do, I would count them in the top 8. I think Minny at 9 is a little high too considering that you have the Canucks at 2, Avs at 5, and Flames at 6... Would think that Minny would drop a couple spots.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Can't wait for this playoff series. Should be a doozy-of-a-4-game-series.....
you never know... Chicago may surprise....maybe

Old
07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Masterplan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckz View Post
I have a feeling the Kings will find a goalie somewhere, if they do, I would count them in the top 8. I think Minny at 9 is a little high too considering that you have the Canucks at 2, Avs at 5, and Flames at 6... Would think that Minny would drop a couple spots.
G-E-R-B-E-R please!

Signed,

Brian Murray

Old
07-03-2007, 01:56 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
G-E-R-B-E-R please!

Signed,

Brian Murray
No thanks.

Signed,

Dean Lombardi

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 01:58 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckz View Post
I think Minny at 9 is a little high too considering that you have the Canucks at 2, Avs at 5, and Flames at 6... Would think that Minny would drop a couple spots.
Why? Unless I've missed something, the Wild and Canucks were the two best teams in the NHL last year in the second half. The Wild is returning a roster that is virtually identical to the second half team (barring a likely UFA signing) and likely improved as more young players get better and new ones are called up. Right now, on paper and based on last year, Minnesota is the favorite for the NW division and the probable #3 seed. But they must go through the pesky Canucks first. Colorado is better, but they have the biggest question marks in goal and defense of the top-4. Calgary hasn't done anything to improve on paper, so I have no idea why they would be picked ahead of the Wild as of this moment.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Why? Unless I've missed something, the Wild and Canucks were the two best teams in the NHL last year in the second half. The Wild is returning a roster that is virtually identical to the second half team (barring a likely UFA signing) and likely improved as more young players get better and new ones are called up. Right now, on paper and based on last year, Minnesota is the favorite for the NW division and the probable #3 seed. But they must go through the pesky Canucks first. Colorado is better, but they have the biggest question marks in goal and defense of the top-4. Calgary hasn't done anything to improve on paper, so I have no idea why they would be picked ahead of the Wild as of this moment.
i still think calgary has a better shot then minny. on paper or not calgary has a better team (and i hate calgary) kipper in net, iginla and regher coming back keenan as a motivated head coach, they will do better then last year and i dont think the wild will be able stay ahead of them, no less the avs and canucks...

Old
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

1 San Jose v. 8 St. Louis
2 Detroit v. 7 Colorado
3 Vancouver v. 6 Calgary
4 Anaheim v. 5 Minnesota

Wild cards: Chicago, Dallas, Nashville

Edmonton is good enough, but they are stuck in a division where they have to play 4 very good teams 32 times.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Masterplan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
No thanks.

Signed,

Dean Lombardi
But did you know he's been the the Stanley Cup finals in back to back years....

Signed,

Brian M.

Old
07-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst233 View Post
1 San Jose v. 8 St. Louis
2 Detroit v. 7 Colorado
3 Vancouver v. 6 Calgary
4 Anaheim v. 5 Minnesota

Wild cards: Chicago, Dallas, Nashville

Edmonton is good enough, but they are stuck in a division where they have to play 4 very good teams 32 times.
i dont think 4 nw teams make it in, and minny definetley doesn't finnish ahead of colorado and calgary imo

Old
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Eternity Is Now

Quote:
But did you know he's been the the Stanley Cup finals in back to back years....

Signed,

Brian M.
did you know he didn't play in either of them??? and really had nothing to do with getting either team there???

Old
07-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

how about...

...its way to early to know who will win anything.

And to argue is just pointless...

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Oilerfan120582

I think it will be the same as last year in that we will see 3 teams from the Pacific, 3 from the Northwest, and 2 from the Central. I think Anaheim, SJ, and Detroit are the only locks, while Columbus, Phoenix, and Edmonton will finish at the bottom of their divisions. That leaves spots for 3 of Vancouver, Calgary, Minnesota, and Colorado; a spot for either Dallas or LA (if they can get a goalie); and 1 of Nashville, Chicago, or St. Louis.

Oilerfan120582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Masterplan*

Quote:
did you know he didn't play in either of them??? and really had nothing to do with getting either team there???
Can you say good luck charm?

Signed,

B. Murray