HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panther Prospect Tracker 2007-2008

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2007, 06:17 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLaLa16 View Post
Yes definately a hard worker who's not afraid to get his nose dirty. That much I could tell when he was here for a brief stint.

I wouldn't want him to take up a spot on the roster especially when the Amerks roster is so thin on proven scorers for the upcoming season. But starting with the Everblades and filling in when needed, would be fine by me.

McArdle, Stewart, and Collins really need to take off for the Amerks to be competitive, with basically an all rookie defense and goaltending combo.
I don't think you are going to get much help from our prospects this year, i just have a feeling that our crop just leaving Juniors are pretty average.

What is the situation with Shanzt and Plante? I assume Buffalo will provide one goalie, and us the other? With Anderson now a back up, Shantz is the logical choice because he has already had an ECHL stint i guess.

Old
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLaLa16 View Post
Yes definately a hard worker who's not afraid to get his nose dirty. That much I could tell when he was here for a brief stint.

I wouldn't want him to take up a spot on the roster especially when the Amerks roster is so thin on proven scorers for the upcoming season. But starting with the Everblades and filling in when needed, would be fine by me.

McArdle, Stewart, and Collins really need to take off for the Amerks to be competitive, with basically an all rookie defense and goaltending combo.
Don't you expect Welch back next season? I kind of doubt he sticks with the Panthers at this time. 1st callup, yes, but not a regular on the roster unless there's waiver issues. And you'll get Lojek back, for what it's worth.

I think the Americans' biggest issue this season will be who's coaching the team.

Old
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Don't you expect Welch back next season? I kind of doubt he sticks with the Panthers at this time. 1st callup, yes, but not a regular on the roster unless there's waiver issues. And you'll get Lojek back, for what it's worth.

I think the Americans' biggest issue this season will be who's coaching the team.
Welch has to clear waivers I believe.

The Amerks issue isn't a coach, it's the fact that we have no veteran leadership. No scoring up front, extremely young defense and shaky goaltending. The Amerks roster as currently constituted will be a last place team. So hopefully Florida goes out and gets some veteran depth, as Buffalo won't. If not, it'll be a long and rough season, no matter who coaches the team.

Old
07-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post

Why are you writing Welch off so quickly? If he plays in camp like he did in the last two games of the season, he will definitely make the team. The bigger shock IMO would be if he didn't make the team.

Old
07-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Optimist*

Just because I saw that top 10 prospect thread before it was deleted I am going to throw my respnse on here....

1. Frolik- Fast and Flashy Euro winger... something we could definetly use on the top line over the next couple of years. Comparison- Patrik Elias

2. Ellerby- Another big, strong and mobile dman, will be great for us when he develops. Our D is gonna be huge and like gazelles Comparison- Chris Phillips

3. McCardle- I think he will really be a great pickup, has all the intangibles. Another quick forward with some grit and character. Comparison- Could be as good as Brendan Morrow, maybe not, but that type of player

4. Repik- Absolutly in love with this pick, he was the leading playoff scorer as well as Mem cup MVP, he's got sleeper tattooed on his forehead. He could potentially be as good as Frolik, very much alike in terms of type of player. Comparison- Petr Prucha

5. Matthias- Hopefully his scoring towards the end of the season happens again this year. He could really be a high quiality prospect. Has size, skill, grit and the speed all our forwards need. Comparison- Jason Arnott

6. Welch- He has been hyped up by hockeyfuture, but hasnt really pulled through in the NHL. I feel like Jacques will finish the puzzle and will make him a great pickup. Has good mobility and great offensive skills. Comparison- bigger Mike Van Ryn

7. Lapoint- May be surprising seeing him here but I dont think so, it seems like Luce really likes him and he had a good season. I am looking forward to seeing how he does in college. Seems like we have a collection of solid big mobile dmen... Bouwmeester, Allen, Welch, Ellerby, Lapoint. Comparison- J-Bo

8a,b,c. Collins, Booth, Dadonov- All similar, they all have the ability to break-out and be a good player. Collins is a solid sniper, Booth is fast and all but I just see a Ryan Johnson clone there, but I hope he proves me wrong. Dadonov could be a sleeper, Jiri Hudler type, who knows?

Old
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Crossbar

Just a heads up, Ellerby and Dadonov are participating in the Canada/Russia Super Series, here is where you can find the schedule and stats.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=2167

Old
08-29-2007, 11:59 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Niether has registered a point yet i believe

I've watched both games, Dadonov is a typical Russian player, small, very good skater, nice set of hands and to my eye, wasn't that scared of physical play. He played with Averin and Cherepanov for large parts of game 1, and IMO that was the only Russian line which seemd to have real intent

Game 2, i partially watched it whilst playing Fifa with a friend, so didn't see Dadonov as much, but again his skill set was evident. Don't judge him on his stats for this series, as whilst Russia are just as as skilled as Canada, they will lose quite badly.

Ellerby is a great skater, Pierre kept on comparing him to Bouwmeester. Though to be fair, he also praised Sutter for falling down on the ice.

Old
09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
gayduchenko had a stellar performance as he posted his first shutout in the super league against alexei yashin's team.

Old
09-13-2007, 08:47 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
gayduchenko had a stellar performance as he posted his first shutout in the super league against alexei yashin's team.
Good to hear! Hope he keeps it up

Old
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
Good to hear! Hope he keeps it up
im sorry if that man ever suites up in a panther uniform I cant help but do this lol

such a bad name lol I feel sorry.

Old
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Hey guys I live in Belleville so ill keep you up to date. First game is tonight. And after 2 periods its 5-0 Belleville. Oh yea and Matthias has 3 goals and an assist so far in the game.

Old
09-21-2007, 08:21 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

schwow a hattrick and an assist!

Old
09-21-2007, 08:25 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOftheRAT View Post
schwow a hattrick and an assist!
Actually they just changed the goal so that he only got an assist. So far through 2 periods he has 2 goals and 2 assists. But still very impressive start

Old
09-21-2007, 08:30 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Actually they just changed the goal so that he only got an assist. So far through 2 periods he has 2 goals and 2 assists. But still very impressive start
oh, well get a hattrick Matthais!

Old
09-21-2007, 09:14 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

He didnt get a hattrick but Shawn Matthias finished the first game of the OHL season with 2 goals and 3 assists in a 8-1 winning effort.

Old
09-21-2007, 09:29 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

awwsome

Old
09-22-2007, 03:22 AM
PanthersRule96

Holy Crap, 0 points for Frolik and a minus 5 in a 7-6 loss against Baie Comeau.

WOW, talk about an off night....

Old
09-22-2007, 04:39 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Holy Crap, 0 points for Frolik and a minus 5 in a 7-6 loss against Baie Comeau.

WOW, talk about an off night....
Frolik hasn't had the greatest offseason. He wasn't amazing in the Q Pre-season games and wasn't dominant at the Rookie camp.

Repik had 2 Goals and an assist in his first WHL game this year. Syvret also had a Goal in his first game as well.

Old
09-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Chaos2k7

Is anyone willing to post running stats this season for our junior prospects?

Old
09-22-2007, 12:24 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

psh not me.

Old
09-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Chaos2k7

If anyone can give me a list of prospects they would like to know about I will do the list...

Old
09-23-2007, 07:18 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Shawn Matthias had a 3 point game last night in a losing effort. Matthias is tied with Tavares for the League lead in scoring with 8 points (3 G and 5 A) through 2 games.

Old
09-23-2007, 07:26 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Shawn Matthias had a 3 point game last night in a losing effort. Matthias is tied with Tavares for the League lead in scoring with 8 points (3 G and 5 A) through 2 games.
Well that sure is a name to match. Matthias is slowly moving into our top 2 prospects.

1. Frolik
2. Matthias
3. Welch
4. Repik
5. Ellerby

atleast thats the top 5 in my head =p

Old
09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Holy Jokinen

it depends on how you rank them. but in terms of quality play, and a timeline of how useful, i think Welch is ahead of Matthias.

but i think Matthias is awesome, and going to be a very solid prospect. he's the type of guy to thrive in the playoffs, i think. i remember reading something last season how he was ripping it up in the playoffs.

Old
09-23-2007, 09:25 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
it depends on how you rank them. but in terms of quality play, and a timeline of how useful, i think Welch is ahead of Matthias.

but i think Matthias is awesome, and going to be a very solid prospect. he's the type of guy to thrive in the playoffs, i think. i remember reading something last season how he was ripping it up in the playoffs.
18 in 15 games. Lol I know it wont happen but right now Matthias is on pace for these numbers:

GM: 68
G: 102
A: 170
P: 272
PIM: 204

Closed Thread