HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Late hit on Dagenais?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 03:27 PM
Istvan

vCash: 500
Late hit on Dagenais?

The Koivu thing reminded me about the Toronto game when Marchment blindsided Dagenais after his goal. Seems like the puck was already in the net when cheap shot artist extraordinaire Marchment bulldozed him. There was no response to that hit either. Where is John Ferguson when you need him?

Old
12-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
The Koivu thing reminded me about the Toronto game when Marchment blindsided Dagenais after his goal. Seems like the puck was already in the net when cheap shot artist extraordinaire Marchment bulldozed him. There was no response to that hit either. Where is John Ferguson when you need him?
That's what bothers me about Quintal... and others. There is no team toughness when you need it.

I'd like to see the results if Yzerman where to be KO'd... or Naslund... Bertuzzi would be on your like white on rice.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:49 PM
crakced

Not to burst your bubble guys, but that hit by Marchment was clean (as much as I hate to admit it). Dagenais paid the price for taking the shot, and he scored a goal. Last laugh goes to Dagenais on that one.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:01 PM
G Man 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced
Not to burst your bubble guys, but that hit by Marchment was clean (as much as I hate to admit it). Dagenais paid the price for taking the shot, and he scored a goal. Last laugh goes to Dagenais on that one.
Agreed, as much as I hate TO and Marchment in particular... that was a good hit.

You do have a second or two after a guy gets rid of the puck to lay a hit on him... it's just that when a guy is shooting he's leaving himself open so he often gets hurt.

Think Savage when Laperriere killed him a few years back.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced
I was just trying to whip up a little anti-Leaf frenzy and you've quashed it before it had time to flourish. I really dislike the leafs and I think the hit was more borderline than 100% clean.[btw I love Saskatoon.]

Closed Thread