HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

R.J Umberger

Old
07-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
R.J Umberger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does he appear to be the odd man out in Philly with all the recent signings? A lot of roster projections I've seen have him on the 4th line and at over $1M, he'd be a pretty pricey 4th liner. As funny as it sounds, I could see the Canucks having interest in him. He's got the size and ability to play a top 6 role and his contract is definitely a plus. What can you tell me about his performance last season? It's clear that the majority of the team struggled, but is it safe to say that he's still is a top 6 worthy talent?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:34 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
We have a fine plan for everyone don't worry.

We'll ride him on the 3rd or 4th line, wait until his value drops to the bare minimum, trade him to Carolina for maybe a 5th rounder, only to watch him score at a ppg pace for the rest of his career.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:05 AM
BringBackStevens

He probably is still top 6 worthy, but he was really exposed last season when moved around the lineup a bit. He's got some major problems currently playing in his own zone and he really doesn't carry the puck well at all. He's still very good at chipping in goals in front, and working the boards. I'd say the jury is still out on him but its not a stretch to think that he can contribute on a more stable team's top 6

What about something centered around Krajiceck for Umberger?

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Hufi

vCash: 300
Send a message via ICQ to Hufi
I think dumping Hatcher/Gauthier/Jones should be the priority right now...

Hufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Knowing this team's luck, 2 of the most recently acquired wingers will be hurt for an extended period of time within three weeks of the the season opener, and Umberger will be back in the top 6.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 10:32 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
He probably is still top 6 worthy, but he was really exposed last season when moved around the lineup a bit. He's got some major problems currently playing in his own zone and he really doesn't carry the puck well at all. He's still very good at chipping in goals in front, and working the boards. I'd say the jury is still out on him but its not a stretch to think that he can contribute on a more stable team's top 6

Doubt he goes to Vancouver, arent they the team who drafted him and couldnt sign him?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Doubt he goes to Vancouver, arent they the team who drafted him and couldnt sign him?
Thanks to Brian Burke. He wouldn't offer Umberger a fair contract so he used the rules to his advantage and left as an UFA. With Burke gone I'm not sure if there would still be any bad blood between the two sides. Nonis was Burke's assistant GM at the time and handled the majority of contract negotiations but I don't think he negotiated with recently drafted players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz
I was thinking about something such as this as well. Not sure if the Canucks would move Krajicek though, he's on the verge of becoming a solid top 4 defenseman. I'd also wager that Krajicek's value may be higher than Umberger's, defensemen usually are worth more.

Old
07-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I was thinking about something such as this as well. Not sure if the Canucks would move Krajicek though, he's on the verge of becoming a solid top 4 defenseman. I'd also wager that Krajicek's value may be higher than Umberger's, defensemen usually are worth more.
depending on other moves, we may (probably) be willing to move some other pieces with to make something like that happen... not sure who we might be after, but there's clearly some flexibility on our part given some the moves we've been making.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Certainly, we would need to add more to such a deal

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
Certainly, we would need to add more to such a deal
What could you add that would interest the Canucks though? I don't think picks/prospects would get it done and 3rd/4th liners wouldn't be of interest.. I think it would take an overpayment for the Canucks to move Krajicek at this point as they may look for him to move into a top 4 role after next season if Bieksa isn't re-signed.

I think Krajicek could be moved, but if he is the Canucks would likely want to package him for a proven top 6 forward, if they could. A Krajicek/Schneider package would likely garner some interest around the league.

Old
07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
mikedifr

How about Lupul for Krajicek????

Ok, ok, I will give the guy a chance first....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
How about Lupul for Krajicek????

Ok, ok, I will give the guy a chance first....
I'd take that, maybe even throw something extra in. But I can't see the Flyers moving him so quickly, although you never know.