HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

ducks will be w/o ozo for 10 weeks

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Mr_Hockeytown19

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Hockeytown19
ducks will be w/o ozo for 10 weeks

i guess the duckies will just have to suffer w/o him.that whole team seems to be lost with sergei there.is there a possibly eisner is running a zombie cult?lol

Old
12-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Vincent Vega

Why do you need to flame the Ducks?

They are a different team then they where last season. Kariya was a big part of there team and he is missed. They need sometime to adjust though as they do have more firepower.

Old
12-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Mr_Hockeytown19

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Hockeytown19
flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
Why do you need to flame the Ducks?

They are a different team then they where last season. Kariya was a big part of there team and he is missed. They need sometime to adjust though as they do have more firepower.
i highly doubted the ducks ability to maintain their cinderella run.sergei won't give you more firepower than kariya,sergei is better all around that kariya but they lost thomas,oates 2 key components to their drive.and actually kariya did little during the run to the finals.thats a fact.jiggys weakness has been revealed-go glove side high.ducks have some talent but lets be realistic disney hasn't run the ducks properly until they revealed they wanted to sell,same with the angels.only in the last few yrs have they drafted any quality players to mention.i base my opinions on reality,ducks have good youth but lack depth and reasonable experience.they were never gonna win the cup,jerseys style wouldn't let them.think what you want about me flaming the ducks-i don't care about them much,like many cali hockey teams they'll fade back again.san jose is the only decent arena to attend from what i see on tv,they have fans who show up all year.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Vincent Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Hockeytown19
i highly doubted the ducks ability to maintain their cinderella run.sergei won't give you more firepower than kariya,sergei is better all around that kariya but they lost thomas,oates 2 key components to their drive.
I didnt say anything about them maintaining there cinderella run did I, and I dont think they will either.

Sergei can score more then he is currently, he has all the skill in the world and just needs to get used to the change of playing in Detroit to playing in Anahiem. Sure they lost Stumpy and Adam Oates but they replaced Oates with Prospal. Vinny Prospal may not be as good as Oates but Oates got Anahiem about 50 points and Prospal can replace that and maybe top that. Steve Thomas was a very valuble player for the Ducks and was incredibly effective for them in the 12 games he played during the regular season in which he got 10 goals and 3 assists and his offense was replaced with Joffrey Lupul who is playing well for them and has 14 points in 34 games. Another addition to there offense would be Sami Pahlsson and Stanislav Chistov have both grown a year older and they have a full year(well not anymore ) from Ozolinsh. The Ducks are a new team and need to get adjusted.

Closed Thread