HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl-Dal proposal

Old
07-04-2007, 08:21 PM
michael117

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucks2thecup View Post
Boucher is too good to trade he is too valuable to the dallas stars defensive squad unless thre gonna get a reasonable d man along with the deal
The Stars actually have some pretty good dmen in their farm team who are ready to play in the NHL. Dallas seems to have a knack at developing dmen (Lukowich comes to mind) and goalies on occasion (Turek, Fernandez, and now Turco) so there isn't so much to worry about there.

I like the look of it but Doug Armstrong (Stars GM) doesn't necessarily look too much into the future and doesn't value draft picks (Nagy for 2 second rounders, I believe? ... ***).

michael117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
ok then how about Ryder+1st+ dandenault for Boucher and 2nd round draft pick

Ryder woudn't go to arbitration if Dallas signs him long term
Good basis of a deal. I think to alleviate Dallas' concerns regarding Ryder's contract situation, perhaps make the 2nd rounder conditional on Ryder signing for more than one year.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I wouldn't do it, on the simple fact that I love Ryder . Boucher is one of my favourite defensemen.. and I always trade for him in NHL 07.. but Ryder is on the only consistant 30 goal scorer we've had in 15 years.. I'd rather keep the only thing working for us.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Good basis of a deal. I think to alleviate Dallas' concerns regarding Ryder's contract situation, perhaps make the 2nd rounder conditional on Ryder signing for more than one year.
sold

so the new proposal is Ryder, 1st +Dandy to Stars for Boucher and conditional 2nd round pick if Ryder signs a MULTI year contract this summer

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 11:55 PM
MastaK

I think it makes sense, but I don't know Boucher enough...is he good defensively? Is he Souray-like? How does he compare to him? If he does..

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaK View Post
I think it makes sense, but I don't know Boucher enough...is he good defensively? Is he Souray-like? How does he compare to him? If he does..
Above average defensively. Loves to be physical. Isn't the fastest defenseman in the world, but good positionally. One of the Stars best shot blockers. He doesn't jump down into the play or pinch unless it's very late in the game. He and Norstrom were a "shut down" pair at times late in the year and in the playoffs. He will overcommitt to the physical play in the corners and lose guys positionally at times, but he's nowhere near Souray's defensive problems.

The vast majority of his offense comes from one-timers at the point. It's not a fast shot like Souray (though it was 98 mph at the All-Star skills), but it's very heavy. He developed a knack last year for the ability to thread the puck through traffic, and he played a full season. Both contributed to the offensive uptick.

Downside is he's injury-prone. He fell out of favor with the Sabres and Kings because of the injury bug (shoulder injury, broken foot/botched surgery, broken orbital), has had two significant injuries in his four season in Dallas (broken other orbital, shattered finger on his top hand) and was fairly ineffective in the playoffs this year because of a shoulder injury. That said, when he's healthy he's been superb, especially for the cost.

Dallas has several good defensive prospects in the system, but all but Grossman are at least a year away. What's Dandenault's contract situation? Is he a 4 defenseman so that Grossman can comfortably be a six and Robidas take the No. 5 minutes? What does Ryder want as far as $$ for a long term deal? All of those will be major factors in if this would be a good deal for te Stars.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
Above average defensively. Loves to be physical. Isn't the fastest defenseman in the world, but good positionally. One of the Stars best shot blockers. He doesn't jump down into the play or pinch unless it's very late in the game. He and Norstrom were a "shut down" pair at times late in the year and in the playoffs. He will overcommitt to the physical play in the corners and lose guys positionally at times, but he's nowhere near Souray's defensive problems.

The vast majority of his offense comes from one-timers at the point. It's not a fast shot like Souray (though it was 98 mph at the All-Star skills), but it's very heavy. He developed a knack last year for the ability to thread the puck through traffic, and he played a full season. Both contributed to the offensive uptick.

Downside is he's injury-prone. He fell out of favor with the Sabres and Kings because of the injury bug (shoulder injury, broken foot/botched surgery, broken orbital), has had two significant injuries in his four season in Dallas (broken other orbital, shattered finger on his top hand) and was fairly ineffective in the playoffs this year because of a shoulder injury. That said, when he's healthy he's been superb, especially for the cost.

Dallas has several good defensive prospects in the system, but all but Grossman are at least a year away. What's Dandenault's contract situation? Is he a 4 defenseman so that Grossman can comfortably be a six and Robidas take the No. 5 minutes? What does Ryder want as far as $$ for a long term deal? All of those will be major factors in if this would be a good deal for te Stars.
Dandenault signed a 4-year, 1.725 million dollar per contract a couple of seasons ago. He's best suited to being a bottom pairing guy, but he brings oodles of experience.

I have no clue what Ryder wants long-term. He's seemed like a difficult guy to get signed long-term in the past, but then he was always an RFA before too, so it didn't really matter. Seems like that trend is continuing, since he filed for arbitration. I bet he's hoping for something close to 4 million a year, but I really have no idea. Getting traded because of contract demands could well bring him down a little. As a fan, it's hard to evaluate what he would want, I mean who knows if he even has any interest in playing in Dallas?

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 02:29 AM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post

Thanks for the info on Boucher. He seems like a good defenseman.

Dandenault is not a top 4 defenseman or atleast not in a team with a good defense because he is not in Montreal and we didn't have one of the best defenses. At the beginning of the season and during most of the season he was our 6th defenseman. Markov, Souray, Komisarek, Rivet and Bouillon were all playing more than him. He brings some experience and he has good speed. He sometimes rushed the offense by himself and was actually good at it, but he's not the greatest passer.
Doesn't make too many mistakes, he's pretty safe, he will not make the team lose but he will not make the team win...

He's not at all a PP guy IMO but he can play on the PK.

Ryder may very well get 3.5M$ + since it's the market price for a 30-goal scorer.

If Boucher is the player you tell me he is, we win this deal IMO, but it could also be good for both teams...

But Boucher's getting older now...how old is he?

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote