HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery May Go To Arbitration

Old
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Big Bill

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Avery May Go To Arbitration

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Sorry about the crazy URL, its a local paper here the Bergen Record.

I hope not as arbitration creates animosity in many cases.

Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

"When he was leaving L.A., the handpicked team was New York and I think it fits like a glove," Morris said. "He was playing very good hockey in L.A., and great hockey in New York. He is certainly not using this negotiation as a mechanism to leave New York, and wouldn't want to leave New York unless it kicks him out."

First off he didnt pick the Rangers, they traded for him.

I love Avery , but he should be very careful here if he likes NY. Despite the Rangers having a money tree

Very careful

07-04-2007, 11:50 AM
bubba5

Avery was great for us but he disappeared in the Buffalo series. He will struggle with speed teams. HE has it good here and should be careful if he really likes it here. I dont think he is worth over $2 mill.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:16 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Avery was great for us but he disappeared in the Buffalo series. He will struggle with speed teams. HE has it good here and should be careful if he really likes it here. I dont think he is worth over $2 mill.
Nope...hasn't proven himself to that level yet as a Ranger. If he plays the hand he is dealt the right way....he could be extremely well compensated with endorsements and the like...not to mention be a fan favorite like you wouldn't believe.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:29 PM
NYRchick

You know what? At this point,it wouldn't bother me if Avery went to arbitration.It ensures that he'll be a Ranger this season for one,and IMO,he hasn't proven himself to be worthy of the max amount he's asking for. Yes,it's true he was a big part of the Rangers run to the playoffs,but he did have a penchant for taking penalties at inopportune times,and was a non-factor in the Buffalo series. I think the Rangers have a shot to win this arbitration case,as IMO,Avery shouldn't be paid more than 2 mill.If he wants a longer term deal,let him prove himself this season,with the group of talent they'll have.He'll be no less a fan favorite this season.

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Yea this might not be a bad thing, the arbitration ruling will probably be just under 2m, then he can always sign an extension for more during the season if he proves he's to be a contributer to this team for the majority of the season..

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote