HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rita to be called up.

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 09:22 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I was really blowing Rita's horn at preseason time. god how I wanted him on a line with Reasoner and Moreau!!!!! Looks like Short might have been wrong though, or do you guys think that they are just waiting till sunday because they don't want to throw a young player like Rita into a game that is more of a chess match then hockey game?

Old
01-02-2004, 09:26 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I was really blowing Rita's horn at preseason time. god how I wanted him on a line with Reasoner and Moreau!!!!! Looks like Short might have been wrong though, or do you guys think that they are just waiting till sunday because they don't want to throw a young player like Rita into a game that is more of a chess match then hockey game?
I'm just going to repeat what others have said. Supposedly the Oilers were going to call up Rita, but had to call up Lynch instead when Smith got injured. I'm assuming it'll all work out, either guys will come back (thus sending others down) or guys will be put on the IR. Either way, I think Rita will be coming up soon.

Old
01-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I was really blowing Rita's horn at preseason time. god how I wanted him on a line with Reasoner and Moreau!!!!!
I totally agree.. could be a great checking line that would actually have quite a bit of offensive firepower! Rita has got a pretty good shot from what I've seen and his stats from the AHL show that he definitely likes to shoot the puck.. with the way Reasoner was passing earlier and Moreau's ability to make room for other players it could be a great line!

Old
01-03-2004, 07:49 AM
copperaddict

I'm surprised they are even letting Moreau play with his injury!Management said earlier in the season they didn't want guys playing when hurt.It's good to see a fair amount of Roadrunner games on TV.Rita has a gift that is missing big time with the Oil.I'm not saying he is a sniper,but he has amazing patience around the net.He is not going to learn much more in the minors.Last year he was predicted to finish second behind Zetterburg for ROY.He is rated as our top prospect in all the preseason guides.Torres seems to have forgotton what got him here as he doesn't seem to be the Taz. on the ice like we needed to light a fire under our guys.I'm not saying he isn't playing well,it's just that he scored those early goals and may think he is a goal scorer now.

Closed Thread