HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers take Lundqvist to Arbitration

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Greg in MA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle20 View Post
If some team comes through with an offer like that for Henrik...the Rangers wont be able to match. They need to get him locked up now. They might have the cash to throw around but there is still that little thing known as....the cap.
Did you bother reading any of the posts in the thread, or any other Henrik related thread for that matter?

Henrik DOES NOT have to sign any offer sheet that is presented to him, and has already stated he will not sign any. This needs to be stickied at the top of the forums.

Old
07-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Kaktus*

After Lowe move I think NYR will sign Lundqvist real fast. Maybe overpay for him too.

Old
07-06-2007, 11:41 AM
bagh

apparently Buffalo matched

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212929&hubname=

Old
07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
After Lowe move I think NYR will sign Lundqvist real fast. Maybe overpay for him too.
No offense, but why the hell would Lundqvist go from the best city in world with now a great team to Edmonton? He has a chance to be a HUGE part of this franchise. Why would he ruin that for a few extra bucks?

Old
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
No offense, but why the hell would Lundqvist go from the best city in world with now a great team to Edmonton? He has a chance to be a HUGE part of this franchise. Why would he ruin that for a few extra bucks?
While i agree that he would like to stay in NY.
I would assume if someone offered him 8M for like 8 years he would sign it. money talks

Old
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
There have been numerous threads on this.

1.) He'd have to actually sign the offer sheet which he has said numerous times he wouldn't do. Could he change his mind? Sure.... But he isn't stupid. The team around him is now a cup contender. An extra 1mil. to go to a a rebuilding franchise like the Kings? I doubt that would sway him.
I'm not sure he actually has to SIGN it. the team giving the offer sheet sends it the NHL who checks the #s and makes sure the offering team has the picks, then the Rags have to counter. I don't think there is even a "signing" until the team currently owning the RFA decides to match or not.

Old
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I would assume if someone offered him 8M for like 8 years he would sign it. money talks
NYC is where the $ is at, and Henke knows it

Old
07-06-2007, 11:56 AM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I am not certain, the impression you get from Lundqvist is that he is really obsessed with winning(I know they are all winners at this level of game, otherwise you wouldn't get here but IMO, he is a bit like Forsberg, winning means everything), maybe if it was a strong team that offered those kind of money.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:07 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
+1

No one wants to play in 'Siberia'.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
From the Hockey Rodent:

Quote:
"If another team sends Henrik an offer sheet does Henrik need to accept the offer before NYR would need to match?"

This is not quite the way it works. An Offer Sheet is not a "sealed bid" mailed or telegraphed to the player for consideration.

G/Ms of other clubs are just as free to speak with Henke's agent as was Glen Sather free to speak with Drury's agent. The Ranger netminder is a real free agent. He has no professional contract at this time. He can negotiate with any team or combination of teams he wishes to. Concerns over "tampering" are irrelevant because Henke has no contract.

For example, Philly's Paul Holmgren could sit down with Lundqvist and negotiate to pry him from Gotham. The parties can haggle all they want until the dollars and terms of their agreement are settled. The contract is written up in the form of an offer sheet which is submitted to NHL HQ.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Eagle20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
Did you bother reading any of the posts in the thread, or any other Henrik related thread for that matter?

Henrik DOES NOT have to sign any offer sheet that is presented to him, and has already stated he will not sign any. This needs to be stickied at the top of the forums.
First off....who give a S***t what somebody says. What people say and do are two different matters. If a team like the Avs came up and offered Henrik a deal for 7mm a year. I'm pretty sure he would think about it. Smyth left Edmenton over what 500k dont think your god of a goaltender wouldnt do the same if situation arose.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
First off....who give a S***t what somebody says. What people say and do are two different matters. If a team like the Avs came up and offered Henrik a deal for 7mm a year. I'm pretty sure he would think about it. Smyth left Edmenton over what 500k dont think your god of a goaltender wouldnt do the same if situation arose.
He SAID he won't. What the hell is that people are not understanding here?

Old
07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Speedtrials

Well the whole Vanek situtation made me a little more nervous. However, I still feel confident that Sather and Henrik are probably both on the same page, and this should get resolved with the interests of both parties.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I'm not sure he actually has to SIGN it. the team giving the offer sheet sends it the NHL who checks the #s and makes sure the offering team has the picks, then the Rags have to counter. I don't think there is even a "signing" until the team currently owning the RFA decides to match or not.
No. He has to sign it. You think he would just have to report to any team that sends him an offer that the Rangers cant match?

Old
07-06-2007, 12:35 PM
ZenBaja

Quote:
Actually it means quite a bit. There are players where $$ isn't everything. And then there are other players like smyth that wanted the most $$ they could get. Look at Shanahan this year - took a lower offer to be in NY. Look at Kariya and Selanne that year in Colorado. Not everyone wants all the money they can get. And what they say does mean quite a bit. Did Vanek ever say he wouldn't consider an offer sheet? No. He didn't. In fact it sounds like his agent was actively looking for them. Big difference.

-Z

Old
07-06-2007, 12:40 PM
King Henrik

Pretty simple, Henrik will not be on another team come Oct. Why would he want to leave MSG? Trust me he does not worry about the bright lights, and pressure of MSG, and the NY media. He has proven that he can handle it here....the guy does nothing but save games and win for us. He knows he is going to get his pay day. He will be our goalie for the next 10-15 years. Henrik is King!

Old
07-06-2007, 12:40 PM
dwoj99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBaja View Post
Actually it means quite a bit. There are players where $$ isn't everything. And then there are other players like smyth that wanted the most $$ they could get. Look at Shanahan this year - took a lower offer to be in NY. Look at Kariya and Selanne that year in Colorado. Not everyone wants all the money they can get. And what they say does mean quite a bit. Did Vanek ever say he wouldn't consider an offer sheet? No. He didn't. In fact it sounds like his agent was actively looking for them. Big difference.

-Z
ya but those players were old and had made alot of money. Lundquist is young and hasn't. If someone offered you a 3 year 15mill contract(probably all the rangers were intending to sign him for)or an 7 year 50 mill contract. NOBODY PASSES on 35 million if Lundquist passed he would be a ******. I laugh at you Ranger fans who think that player would rather be Ranger then have money.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:45 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
If some team comes through with an offer like that for Henrik...the Rangers wont be able to match. They need to get him locked up now. They might have the cash to throw around but there is still that little thing known as....the cap.
They have room

07-06-2007, 12:46 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
He SAID he won't. What the hell is that people are not understanding here?
gomez said he wouldnt play for the rangers....

just saying

Old
07-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackZdenoCiger View Post
ya but those players were old and had made alot of money. Lundquist is young and hasn't. If someone offered you a 3 year 15mill contract(probably all the rangers were intending to sign him for)or an 7 year 50 mill contract. NOBODY PASSES on 35 million if Lundquist passed he would be a ******. I laugh at you Ranger fans who think that player would rather be Ranger then have money.
Two things. One, team loyalty, while on the endangered species list, still exists. If Hank and his agent are both qouted saying they wouldn't entertain offer sheets...there MIGHT be an element of truth to it.

Two, we're talking about the Rangers here. Do you think they'd let Hank walk for 5 first rounders because the Cap might prevent them from matching?

Old
07-06-2007, 12:47 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post

just saying
True. He did say he was a Ranger fan all his life though, with Leetch being his favorite player. I don't know how much of that is true, but it's a big reason he probably came here.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackZdenoCiger View Post
Ok good luck with that. Get ready to be disappointed though...

Old
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
They have room
was just going to say the same thing.

The only way the Rangers do not have the ability to match an offer to Lundqvist is if he gets an offer of 5 years at 12 mill per

and that's not happening.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:50 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post

just saying
Exactly. I believe it when he says it and I don't think Hank will sign an offer sheet... but that doesn't mean the possibility does not exist.

Old
07-06-2007, 12:50 PM
dwoj99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Two things. One, team loyalty, while on the endangered species list, still exists. If Hank and his agent are both qouted saying they wouldn't entertain offer sheets...there MIGHT be an element of truth to it.

Two, we're talking about the Rangers here. Do you think they'd let Hank walk for 5 first rounders because the Cap might prevent them from matching?
You're right they would match, but my theory is Lowe is using this to force Sather to trade him Jagr.

Closed Thread